Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2015 Chances of Upgrade Clearing and Upgrade Availability Discussion (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2015 Chances of Upgrade Clearing and Upgrade Availability Discussion (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2015, 12:16 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by bdemaria
Originally Posted by no1cub17
Yet another data point for AA releasing C space before clearing upgrades from the waiting list. Wife and I are flying DFW-MAD this week, just got EF notification for C7! I frankly don't really care if we get upgraded on this ancient 767 or not, so I'm just gonna see what happens. Our res hasn't been pulled yet. Would just as soon save 50k miles and burn them on an airline that serves actual food.
Report back on this decision once you have spent 8+ hours in the ancient 767 Y seat.
Agreed. Haven't received confirmation email yet but the mere thought of spending more than an hour in AA Y makes my head hurt.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 3:13 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
Is this weather-related?

Space opened up. Now sale inventory more matches seat map, plus upgrade cleared at T-36.

Last edited by TxH2O; Mar 2, 2015 at 9:28 pm Reason: Upgrade cleared
Old Mar 2, 2015, 6:59 am

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
If our res got pulled for C upgrade processing 2 days ago and I still haven't received the confirmation email, it's now time to call AA, correct? Shouldn't processing have been completed by now? I cut them some slack over the weekend with all the weather issues, but I don't know what the hangup is.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 12:18 pm

Programs: AA exp
Need SWU advice DFW-LHR

I have trip coming up DFW-LHR may 5, returning may 12th. Of course no Y-J UPG available at booking, so what are peoples advice about getting it. They have 3 flights using 77W, 772, 763. Of course the most J seats are available on the 77W but this is also the best plane of the 3 so may get sold. Am I better booking on one of the other 2 planes as far as SWU eventually clearing? Thanks for the help.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 12:44 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by moki1
I have trip coming up DFW-LHR may 5, returning may 12th. Of course no Y-J UPG available at booking, so what are peoples advice about getting it. They have 3 flights using 77W, 772, 763. Of course the most J seats are available on the 77W but this is also the best plane of the 3 so may get sold. Am I better booking on one of the other 2 planes as far as SWU eventually clearing? Thanks for the help.
I have never missed an upgrade on the 767 from Y-->J I also like the service on those planes.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 2:42 pm

Programs: AA - EXP 2MM+, Marriott PLT, UA, National Exec
Originally Posted by moki1
The later evening flights are probably better for UGs, as many people make early morning connections thru LHR and take the late afternoon flight out of DFW.

Cheers.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 3:47 pm

Programs: AA exp
Great, thanks for the advice!!
Old Mar 6, 2015, 7:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3.4MM, BAEC, UAMP, Skyteam (<10k) HH Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz Gold, GE/TSA TT
Originally Posted by mvedda
The later evening flights are probably better for UGs, as many people make early morning connections thru LHR and take the late afternoon flight out of DFW.

Cheers.
yep, it almost always seems there's more J and C availability on AA80 than on AA78 or AA50.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 10:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP MM/UA MM/Marriott PLT Premier-LT PLT

Has something recently changed ? I know upgrades are clearing later and later, but what i just saw borders on absurd. On ord sfo tomorrow and not cleared as exp. Ticket was a Fairly late purchase. No big deal so I checked EF just to get a feel for my chances and not only is my flight f7, 3 other flights ord to sfo tomorrow are also f7 and another f4.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 10:34 pm

Programs: AA - EXP 2MM+, Marriott PLT, UA, National Exec
Originally Posted by unhappyflyer
Has something recently changed ? I know upgrades are clearing later and later, but what i just saw borders on absurd. On ord sfo tomorrow and not cleared as exp. Ticket was a Fairly late purchase. No big deal so I checked EF just to get a feel for my chances and not only is my flight f7, 3 other flights ord to sfo tomorrow are also f7 and another f4.
I bet it clears on final sweep before t-4. I had an SFO-jfk transcon clear at t-5 last Saturday when there was J7 c6 Friday before midnight.

Cheers.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 11:59 pm

Programs: AA-EXP; US-Silver; Marriott-Platinum; Starwood-Platinum; Hilton-Gold
Average UPG time-frame JFK-GRU to J

Anyone fly a regular route from JFK-GRU for an UPG to J? Last year it was approximately 2 weeks out. Haven't flown the route since August and looking to see if the same approximate time frame.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 11:43 am

Just cleared at T-26 for AA 137 DFW-HKG on March 11.

Here are the facts:
- Time of request: 30 days prior to departure
- Purchased fare class: Q

After clearing, went from J7 to J3.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 12:33 pm

Programs: AA PLT/1MM
Originally Posted by larreajoe
Just booked SFO-JFK-MXP-JFK-LAX-SMF last night out 4/8 back 4/18. Called to request miles+copay upgrade (C) and was, of course, waitlisted.

1. EF shows 7s across the board on all flights in all classes.
2. Seat map shows almost 100% open seats in C
3. MCE seats appear relatively open as does Y in general.

I understand they'd rather get 5K/seat rather than the copay amount...but what kind of capacity controls are in place? Anyone have any experience on these routes?

4/8 AA18 SFO-JFK
4/9 AA198 JFK-MXP
4/18 AA199 MXP-JFK, AA133 JFK-LAX, AA2616 LAX-SMF (Eagle/Envoy single cabin)
Originally Posted by larreajoe
Interesting development. Happened to be on aa.com and checked our reservation. The itinerary shows the JFL-LAX segment twice. Once chronologically, then again at the end of the itinerary. The last one shows in C but no seat assignments. Don't think I've ever seen that before.

Should I assume that means they're protecting two C seats for us in the event the MXP-JFK segment upgrades?

Originally Posted by dp4m
From what I've seen it typically means you've been cleared off the wait-list but haven't been reticketed yet with the updated reservation (with the upgraded segment).

So you should generally count that as an upgrade waiting to happen.
Cleared 133 in mid-February. Cleared 198 yesterday. Now just waiting on the other 2 upgrade-able segments (18 and 199).
Old Mar 10, 2015, 1:01 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Curious about whether anyone has experience with AA70 DFW-FRA (763). My spouse and I are in MCE on the Weds May 6th flight right now and I suppose with enough wine I can handle the 10 hours if I must.

I've been looking at AA70 Wednesday departures on EF and it looks like C0 is pretty standard til T-48ish. From what I understand, eVIPS and mile+copays get first crack at C, followed by LFBUs at OLCI if all upgrades are cleared and C is still available. Is that right?

For illustrative purposes, today's flight that leaves in 2ish hours shows 13 available on the seatmap with C7. Tomorrow's flight shows 15 available on the seatmap with C7. So, I guess my questions are: Do you think we'd have a good chance of snagging 2 J seats on this old bird? If so, should I put in for miles+copay or hope for a cash LFBU opportunity? Thanks for any insights!

Last edited by sosfo; Mar 10, 2015 at 1:08 pm
Old Mar 11, 2015, 12:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver
How is LAX-PBI usually on a Thursday night redeye? (By Thursday night I mean Friday morning at 12 am)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.