Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2015 Chances of Upgrade Clearing and Upgrade Availability Discussion (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2015 Chances of Upgrade Clearing and Upgrade Availability Discussion (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2015, 12:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Chances of Upgrade to LAS Clearing

Hey guys. First post here. I just wanted to get everyone's input on my chances for a PLT Sticker upgrade for the following:

Flight #1139 departs DFW @ 5:15 to LAS on 2/26/15

I purchased my ticket in coach back on 1/11/15 and requested the 500-mile upgrade at that point.

What do y'all think my chances are? I am Platinum member.

I appreciate any/all help.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by lanep82
Hey guys. First post here. I just wanted to get everyone's input on my chances for a PLT Sticker upgrade for the following:

Flight #1139 departs DFW @ 5:15 to LAS on 2/26/15

I purchased my ticket in coach back on 1/11/15 and requested the 500-mile upgrade at that point.

What do y'all think my chances are? I am Platinum member.

I appreciate any/all help.
Welcome to FT

Are you on AA1389? I see that flight departing at 5:15pm, but there is no 1139.

I'd say your chances are pretty good for getting the upgrade. Though the stickers do not pull from the A bucket (used for miles/SWU upgrades), the flight is A5, which would indicate to me that most EXP have already cleared. I have noticed AA holding back upgrades lately, some not clearing until the day of, but I would say that you'll see it come through in the next 12~ hours.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Welcome to FT

I'd say your chances are pretty good for getting the upgrade. Though the stickers do not pull from the A bucket (used for miles/SWU upgrades), the flight is A5, which would indicate to me that most EXP have already cleared. I have noticed AA holding back upgrades lately, some not clearing until the day of, but I would say that you'll see it come through in the next 12~ hours.
Thank you friendly skies! I appreciate the response. I actually am on a free trial for EF right now (5 days) and I can already see how it would be beneficial tool to pay $10/mo for.

Now, regarding your response.....the 'A' bucket and other buckets, I am showing that it is '0' across the board now! Is that right, you think? It was F6 A5 like 5 mins ago. I don't see how that's possible unless there were 6 EXP waiting for upgrades?

Maybe I should call AA and see if I can use miles+copay?

Thanks again
Old Feb 25, 2015, 2:05 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

I have a flight tomorrow night that has been F7 A6 forever and just went to F5 A3 The first flight was down to F1 A0 at one point, but now it is F3 A2. Both flights are not looking good for me, I suppose. I figure misplaced customers will take up those seats or elites rebooked in full Y.

Possibly they are holding back upgrades a little more with all of the sketchy weather in DFW and the southern states this week.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 2:58 pm

Programs: AA PLT/1MM
Welcome to FT

Thank you friendly skies! I appreciate the response. I actually am on a free trial for EF right now (5 days) and I can already see how it would be beneficial tool to pay $10/mo for.

Now, regarding your response.....the 'A' bucket and other buckets, I am showing that it is '0' across the board now! Is that right, you think? It was F6 A5 like 5 mins ago. I don't see how that's possible unless there were 6 EXP waiting for upgrades?

Thanks again
Actually, EF shows all fare codes at zero as well as the next direct flight after it. Not sure why or how.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by larreajoe
Actually, EF shows all fare codes at zero as well as the next direct flight after it. Not sure why or how.
US has started canceling late night CLT flights for today due to the weather, so it is possible that they have rebooked connecting customers via DFW filling up those flights?
Old Feb 25, 2015, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium

Thanks again
It must be the weather. AA could be holding back that space in F for people who will misconnect or they may have already been rebooked.

Seatmaps should not be relied upon for finding loads, but I do find it odd that eight seats are not selected in F on your flight.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 5:59 am

It must be the weather. AA could be holding back that space in F for people who will misconnect or they may have already been rebooked.

Seatmaps should not be relied upon for finding loads, but I do find it odd that eight seats are not selected in F on your flight.
Or how about this. We are T-10 from flight and when I go to 'change seats' on the website, look how many 'open' seats there are.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0g62ek0klo...Seats.jpg?dl=0

Yet, the flight is coded as sold out via AA agent on phone. I know seatmaps shouldn't be used to show the load but, like you said, it's pretty crazy that there are so many unassigned seats....
Old Feb 26, 2015, 1:38 pm

#4 out of 33 for PIT-DFW and the flight does not depart for another 2.5 hours. Ouch. I wonder what is SFO777's secret for this route?

I have only had one flight on AA in the last couple of months where the upgrade had less than 20 people on it.

Curious what DFW-LAX looks like tonight.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 10:20 pm

Programs: AA: EXP
Better chance to clear SWUs: AA44 vs AA64

Travel date: June 2, Tuesday

Which flight has better chance to clear SWUs?
AA44: JFK-CDG
AA64: JFK-ZRH
Old Feb 28, 2015, 2:56 am

Programs: BA Gold
Cannot seem to find much about SWU clearing to/from Asuncion (ASU). I am flying MIA-ASU-MIA mid-July. Any experiences on this route? Bought the ticket and requested the upgrades more than 5 months in advance.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by thaijplily
Travel date: June 2, Tuesday

Which flight has better chance to clear SWUs?
AA44: JFK-CDG
AA64: JFK-ZRH
Tough call, I"m assuming there's no upgrade availability now.

There are fewer pax in J on CDG than ZRH. However, MCE on CDG has many more seats occupied than ZRH - thus if you were to book ZRH you would likely be higher on the waitlist.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 9:35 am

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold

Yet another data point for AA releasing C space before clearing upgrades from the waiting list. Wife and I are flying DFW-MAD this week, just got EF notification for C7! I frankly don't really care if we get upgraded on this ancient 767 or not, so I'm just gonna see what happens. Our res hasn't been pulled yet. Would just as soon save 50k miles and burn them on an airline that serves actual food.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 9:50 am

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold

Never mind, looks like our upgrades are getting processed. Reservation was pulled on AA.com but not on the app. Didn't know that would happen - would've expected an error message when retrieving the res on the app too. Oh well first world problems!
Old Feb 28, 2015, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by no1cub17
Yet another data point for AA releasing C space before clearing upgrades from the waiting list. Wife and I are flying DFW-MAD this week, just got EF notification for C7! I frankly don't really care if we get upgraded on this ancient 767 or not, so I'm just gonna see what happens. Our res hasn't been pulled yet. Would just as soon save 50k miles and burn them on an airline that serves actual food.
Report back on this decision once you have spent 8+ hours in the ancient 767 Y seat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.