Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

[2013 NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your AA-Related Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 13, 2013, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JY1024
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST

This is the archived, obsolete thread; the current 2014 NEWBIE LOUNGE thread is now a "sticky" thread here .

/American AAdvantage Forum Moderation Team
Print Wikipost

[2013 NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your AA-Related Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2013, 10:59 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL
Originally Posted by swag
The rules say no, it must be the same calendar day. But there are anecdotes here of sympathetic gate agents who have allowed it. You may get lucky.
Kinda what I expected. Thx Swag.
Old Mar 3, 2013, 12:41 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Somebody I know never got his AA Gold FF card (and the employee appreciation stickers). He has been Gold for a couple of years.

Is there a way to have this card resent to him? He is currently residing in Argentina.
Old Mar 3, 2013, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by macintoshd
Somebody I know never got his AA Gold FF card (and the employee appreciation stickers). He has been Gold for a couple of years.

Is there a way to have this card resent to him? He is currently residing in Argentina.
Sure. Just call up AAdvantage Customer Service. They should get your friend squared away.
Old Mar 3, 2013, 7:48 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, PC Platinum, SPG Gold, Emerald Executive
Change Expiration date on Companion Cert?

I have no plans to fly AA for another 4 months when my companion cert expires. (actually I could, darn the embargo dates :-|).

Is there a way to change the expiration date on the companion certificate?
Old Mar 3, 2013, 8:10 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Hertz #1 Club Gold
Elite status change & lounge access

Apologies if this has been asked before but I did try a search and didnt find the answer. I am flying the return leg of an intl rt tomorrow. When I flew the outbound leg I was PLT but my status dropped to GLD as of March 1st. I assumed I wouldnt have access to the AC in LAX because I am flying economy and lost my PLT status. However, when I just checked in for the flight my boarding pass clearly shows PLT Priority Access. I'm sure its just because the ticket was booked and first leg flown while I was still PLT, but my question is would I be able to get into the AC since PLT is on the boarding pass or do the AC agents look up actual current elite status?

Might try it anyway but I wondered if anyone else has run into this issue before. Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 3, 2013, 8:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Reservation oddity

Hi
I have gotten conflicting info from AA. I have multiple trips planned. I had requested upgrades.
Originally I had 2 segment 2 flight number trips. AA changed the schedule and made it a thru flight with one flight #.
Below is what shows when I check on my trips. One trip does not reflect the upgrade request and when I check the box it says "no upgrade requested". I spoke to AA and was told they see the upgrade requested.
i know with thru flights the upgrade status drops because it is not a connection.
Do I need to call again to straighten this out? Has anyone experienced this? Is there a difference between these two trips having been changed in this manner?
And, slightly off topic, when I called one of the times the agent moved me from my chosen seats to ones farther back.
A search for thru/through flights did not help.

Thanks for any info
[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
Old Mar 3, 2013, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by egeller624
Apologies if this has been asked before but I did try a search and didnt find the answer. I am flying the return leg of an intl rt tomorrow. When I flew the outbound leg I was PLT but my status dropped to GLD as of March 1st. I assumed I wouldnt have access to the AC in LAX because I am flying economy and lost my PLT status. However, when I just checked in for the flight my boarding pass clearly shows PLT Priority Access. I'm sure its just because the ticket was booked and first leg flown while I was still PLT, but my question is would I be able to get into the AC since PLT is on the boarding pass or do the AC agents look up actual current elite status?

Might try it anyway but I wondered if anyone else has run into this issue before. Thanks in advance.
They usually look up your reservation.
Old Mar 3, 2013, 10:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, JL JGC, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by egeller624

Just try it. Worst case scenario is they rightfully don't let you in. But in my experience, when I use other oneworld lounges (aka CX/JL/QF lounges), they seem to just look at the boarding pass, scan it, and let me into the lounge. For Admirals Clubs however, it seems that the staff (recently) do a significant bit of typing/clicking on a computer. Not sure whether they would check your status or just let you in. Give it a shot.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 11:22 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Sorry, I found the AA forum a bit overwhelming and didnt know where to post, so here goes.

Would I be able to book FRU(Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan)-OVB (Novosibirsk, Russia)-PEK-KUL ( S7x2 + MH) using the All airline award chart? And not explorer pricing.

One agent didnt manage to price it, and gave me 60K in Y for explorer award.

Any chance?

Last edited by travelkid; Mar 4, 2013 at 1:11 pm Reason: dechiphered
Old Mar 4, 2013, 12:59 pm

Any idea how to purchase the Wall Street Journal with AA points? It does not seem to be available.
thanks,
Old Mar 4, 2013, 2:56 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K
Originally Posted by travelkid
Sorry, I found the AA forum a bit overwhelming and didnt know where to post, so here goes.

Would I be able to book FRU(Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan)-OVB (Novosibirsk, Russia)-PEK-KUL ( S7x2 + MH) using the All airline award chart? And not explorer pricing.

One agent didnt manage to price it, and gave me 60K in Y for explorer award.

Any chance?
Kyrgyzstan is in the Middle East/India region and Malaysia is in the Asia 2 region. Travel between these two regions may not be via a third region to be valid as a single oneworld and other airline (née All Airline) award.

There is a general restriction on flights to Eastern Russia. Essentially, Eastern Russia has no place on the oneworld and other airline award chart and cannot be accessed (as a destination) with such an award. I imagine travel Europe-Asia might be permitted via Eastern Russia, but haven't seen any reports of this.

Mileage redemption on S7 Airlines is valid using both oneworld multi-carrier awards as well as AAdvantage All Airline Awards. Miles may be redeemed to any destination S7 Airlines serves using the oneworld multi-carrier award; however, destinations in Eastern Russia* are not valid for redemption using AAdvantage All Airline Awards

* Destinations in Eastern Russia (east of the Ural Mountains) include Barnaul, Bratsk, Chita, Irkutsk, Kemerovo, Krasnoyarsk, Kurgan, Nizhnevartovsk, Novokuznetsk, Novy Urengoy, Nadym, Omsk, Novosibirsk, Surgut, Tomsk, Ulan-ude, Blagoveshchensk, Magadan, Khabarovsk, Norilsk, Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsk, Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk, Vladivostok, Yakutsk
Old Mar 4, 2013, 3:02 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K
Originally Posted by mrstraveler
I've got about 3K miles confirmed in my AAdvantage shopping account that haven't posted to my mileage account yet. I need to book a flight ASAP anyway AA could "spot" me the miles or expedite them posting so I can book flight today?
Originally Posted by bdemaria
No. But, if the miles are due to post shortly, then perhaps you could call and ask that the hold for the award be extended.
FWIW I was less than 3k miles short of an award a few months ago because and AA flight had yet to post and the EXP desk just gave me 3k miles as the award couldn't be extended and they couldn't expedite the crediting of the flight miles.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 3:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by BrewerSEA
Kyrgyzstan is in the Middle East/India region and Malaysia is in the Asia 2 region. Travel between these two regions may not be via a third region to be valid as a single oneworld and other airline (née All Airline) award.

There is a general restriction on flights to Eastern Russia. Essentially, Eastern Russia has no place on the oneworld and other airline award chart and cannot be accessed (as a destination) with such an award. I imagine travel Europe-Asia might be permitted via Eastern Russia, but haven't seen any reports of this.
Thanks. So I had Middle East via EU and Asia 1 to Asia 2! There is a rule that you cant connect out of zone? Also I couldnt find that S7 quote http://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/re...ervations.jsp? Wonder if it matters if you call any of those Eastern Russian cities connections and not destination?
Old Mar 4, 2013, 6:16 pm

Programs: AA and UA aluminium foil, Hilton gold
Originally Posted by brp
Most likely no impact. But you should call Web services (800-222-2377) to ask as we have no way of knowing for sure. They do.

Cheers.
Thank you for the reply and the phone number, I appreciate it!
Old Mar 4, 2013, 6:47 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Hertz #1 Club Gold
Originally Posted by incognitoMD
Just try it. Worst case scenario is they rightfully don't let you in. But in my experience, when I use other oneworld lounges (aka CX/JL/QF lounges), they seem to just look at the boarding pass, scan it, and let me into the lounge. For Admirals Clubs however, it seems that the staff (recently) do a significant bit of typing/clicking on a computer. Not sure whether they would check your status or just let you in. Give it a shot.
Well, they let me in. Only scanned boarding pass and looked at passport and that was it. I purchased a day pass just in case so now I can hang onto it for a future trip

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.