Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Avis: Earn 3,000 or 5,000 AAdvantage miles and up to 35% off, until 15 Sep 2012

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis: Earn 3,000 or 5,000 AAdvantage miles and up to 35% off, until 15 Sep 2012

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2012, 8:48 pm

I happened to actually need 2 avis cars a couple of days apart. Booked using this offer, everything shows up properly on receipts. Avis claims they sent the miles. AA only claims to have received miles for one rental. Off in the land of "investigations" now... Sigh.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 2:20 am

Programs: MR, SPG, IHG, HH, CC, AA, UA, BA, DL
Originally Posted by lewende
Out of my 100+ rentals
Originally Posted by aa213bb
And I thought I was doing swell with 19! Impressive ...
^
I only did a measly 8...
Was very tempted to scale this and do a lot more, though given my lack of time and the expense involved, I'm decently happy with what I've managed so far. Just waiting for all to post...
Old Sep 16, 2012, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
I did 12.
(Though my boss asked me why I needed so many parking spaces at work, and once he found out the promo, he did it too.)
Old Sep 16, 2012, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
You are not alone. Out of my 100+ rentals, only a dozen got posted miles. I guess the problem comes up when I have more than 1 rental for a single day, AA only posts miles for one rental, because I talked to Avis and it looks like all miles earned from these rentals have been transferred to AA.
Wow.

I'm curious, assuming everything posts eventually, what will your totals be, miles earned and out-of-pocket cost?
Old Sep 16, 2012, 8:18 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, F9 Elite, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Well typical EWR traffic last night, they went down to one runway for take-offs and landing combined. Took us over an hour to take-off, I thought for sure I wouldn't make it to pick up my rental in MIA.

Flight landed at 23:30, I hustled to the rental car center (thankfully attached to the terminal now via train) and was at the Avis gate to exit by 23:53. Just made it!
Old Sep 16, 2012, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by denCSA
Well typical EWR traffic last night, they went down to one runway for take-offs and landing combined. Took us over an hour to take-off, I thought for sure I wouldn't make it to pick up my rental in MIA.

Flight landed at 23:30, I hustled to the rental car center (thankfully attached to the terminal now via train) and was at the Avis gate to exit by 23:53. Just made it!
Lol, of all the things you were worried about getting a rental checkout before midnight to earn those 3k miles.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 11:54 am

Programs: Hyatt D/HHonors D/ SPG P/ Marriott P/ IHG P/ UA 1K/ AA EXP/ DL D
Originally Posted by denCSA

As long as you key in your arrival flight # when you book your rental, Avis rental counter will wait for you in case of a delayed flight.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by swag
Wow.

I'm curious, assuming everything posts eventually, what will your totals be, miles earned and out-of-pocket cost?
Total miles to be posted: 304,200 (about 1/6 has been posted)
Total cost incurred: $3,410

So I get an okay ROI of 1.1 CPM, not as good as 0.72 CPM for aa213bb, but good enough when compares to purchasing miles from aa.com

A huge chunk of my costs came up from parking "additional" cars in airport parking lot. In a typical day, I checked out 10 cars for both my and my wife's account (unsurprisingly, we were both upgraded to Avis First in no time!). It became an ordeal to move these cars and park to airport daily parking lot (the long-term parking lot is cheaper, but entails more time for me to return to rental counter).
Old Sep 16, 2012, 12:45 pm

Programs: AA PLAT.MillionMiler,CO/UA,US,HertzPres,*WOOD,PriorityCLB,AvisFirst
You are not alone. Out of my 100+ rentals, only a dozen got posted miles. I guess the problem comes up when I have more than 1 rental for a single day, AA only posts miles for one rental, because I talked to Avis and it looks like all miles earned from these rentals have been transferred to AA.
Dealing with 100+ rentals sounds like A full time job!
Old Sep 16, 2012, 12:55 pm

Programs: AA PLAT.MillionMiler,CO/UA,US,HertzPres,*WOOD,PriorityCLB,AvisFirst
Originally Posted by HmmDonuts
^
I only did a measly 8...
Was very tempted to scale this and do a lot more, though given my lack of time and the expense involved, I'm decently happy with what I've managed so far. Just waiting for all to post...
I managed 13, a few of those were 2+ day rentals for 5k. BTW has this weeks sweep posted yet?
Old Sep 16, 2012, 2:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Wow... I thought I had been a "bada$$" doing it twice... O_o. You guys inspire me for next time!
Old Sep 16, 2012, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by Guvner
Dealing with 100+ rentals sounds like A full time job!
Yup, and I have conflicting feelings to the termination of this promo. On the one hand, I won't need to work hard on weekends, but OTOH, I am not sure how soon this kind of MR opportunity will come out again.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 3:44 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
I received miles for the rental I completed at YYZ on 11 September, but still nothing for the LAX rental I completed on 5 August. Guess this will take another month or two to resolve, eh?
Old Sep 17, 2012, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by uxb
I received miles for the rental I completed at YYZ on 11 September, but still nothing for the LAX rental I completed on 5 August. Guess this will take another month or two to resolve, eh?
Same here, miles for 09/07-09/09 have just been posted this morning, and still missing 08/05 and 08/10-08/12 rentals.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 6:47 am

Programs: US, AA, Delta, BA, Hilton, Marriot, HYATT
Same here, miles for 09/07-09/09 have just been posted this morning, and still missing 08/05 and 08/10-08/12 rentals.

Same here. 9/4 - 9/7 and 9/7 - 9/10 posted few mins ago. Still waiting for 8/2-8/6 and 8/6 -8/9.

Last edited by virtuo0; Sep 17, 2012 at 6:58 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.