Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Avis: Earn 3,000 or 5,000 AAdvantage miles and up to 35% off, until 15 Sep 2012

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis: Earn 3,000 or 5,000 AAdvantage miles and up to 35% off, until 15 Sep 2012

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2012, 1:15 pm

Programs: Hyatt D/HHonors D/ SPG P/ Marriott P/ IHG P/ UA 1K/ AA EXP/ DL D
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Incorrect!!!

It depends on the rental location. Some locations are no longer listing miles earned on the receipt ever (neither the printed receipt or the emailed one or the online one). Yet that does not affect receiving miles.

I did 5 rentals at LAX in August. None of them showed miles on any receipt. Yet all of them earned 3050 miles (except for the one from 8/10-8/11 that hasn't posted yet, but that's because of the Avis->AA posting glitch covering that date, not anything to do with the receipt obviously, since 4 other rentals that showed no miles on the receipt did post miles to AA already).
Let me put in this way (I learned it through a hard way):

On your receipts, if they show:

(1) Both miles (3050) and FF tax ($4.07), you are fine, no need to worry about anything unless miles not posted after a long time (unfortunately, this happens very often right now);

(2) No miles but FF tax, you should be fine;

(3) No miles and FF tax, that's it, tuition paid, miles won't be deposited to your AA account.

So in this case, if OP's receipt doesn't have FF tax, he won't receive those miles, most likely.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 8:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4 MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Firewind
To all: If yours did post, would you be willing to say what AWD you used?
I used AWD K817165 (the one from the promo).
Old Sep 14, 2012, 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by GrizShel
Does the coupon work to credit the bonus if you prepay for a reservation?
Yep, mine worked also.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by lewende
Let me put in this way (I learned it through a hard way):

On your receipts, if they show:

(3) No miles and FF tax, that's it, tuition paid, miles won't be deposited to your AA account.

So in this case, if OP's receipt doesn't have FF tax, he won't receive those miles, most likely.
To reiterate what sdsearch said: some locations don't print miles on their receipts. IF your location does print miles on your receipt, then you need to make sure the location fixes your receipt.

None of my receipts showed any miles (both locations don't print receipts on miles) BUT all miles from every rental posted without any problems.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 10:05 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
The code MUAA035 is still effective till 09/15. The updated page shows a different code.
Thanks, I should be golden then.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by wrxmom
To reiterate what sdsearch said: some locations don't print miles on their receipts. IF your location does print miles on your receipt, then you need to make sure the location fixes your receipt.

None of my receipts showed any miles (both locations don't print receipts on miles) BUT all miles from every rental posted without any problems.
That's my #2 point - whether or not miles (3050) are show is not important; what is important is you are charged correct FF tax.

In your case, you must have been charged $4.05 FF tax. By charging such a tax (>$4 per rental), basically Avis is committed to award you these miles.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 8:40 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold
Just a datapoint, My rental receipt had 3050 miles for a rental from 9/14 to 9/15. So it appears the code works till today.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 9:49 am

My rental receipts did not show the $4 tax mine, so most likely I'm out of luck. My tax was like underv$1.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 6:46 pm

Programs: AS MVPG-75K & HYATT Diamond; former DL-DM, AA-PLT, US-PLT
Well I still have only 3 out of 13 that have posted. I'll keep waiting as the others, except one, seem to show correctly on the receipts.

The only one that does not have the FFT on it is a 1 day economy rental at STL in mid August that cost $181 !!! Cars were tight that day.

That receipt is the only one that did not show "partner miles earned".
When I asked the counter agent, she said it didn't matter what was on the receipt, "they always work out". Asked supervisor what the basis for that statement was, and he said something about being to busy to be badgered with details on a completed rental. I let it go, because I already know just from renting in SEA, SFO & SJC that receipts aren't always formatted the same at AVIS.

I will be calling AVIS on it shortly. How they deal with crediting the miles and deal with their FFT is not my problem. I simply expect it to be made right.

I can assure them that the reservation info was entered correctly, including the AA number, discount code and coupon. I'm an AVIS First and do about 50 rentals per year. This isn't my first time.

I don't give a hoot about the agents daily issues at the STL lot counter or their attitudes, I'm just a Joe Customer there for a car. Gimme the keys, no, I don't need a map, yes I know how to get out on Natural Bridge Road. Just get it right.

BTW, the guy inside the terminal at the baggage claim area was top notch, real helpful & pleasant. To bad I can't return cars inside at baggage claim to him.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by dsldog400
Well I still have only 3 out of 13 that have posted.
You are not alone. Out of my 100+ rentals, only a dozen got posted miles. I guess the problem comes up when I have more than 1 rental for a single day, AA only posts miles for one rental, because I talked to Avis and it looks like all miles earned from these rentals have been transferred to AA.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 8:17 pm

Programs: MR, SPG, IHG, HH, CC, AA, UA, BA, DL
You are not alone. Out of my 100+ rentals, only a dozen got posted miles. I guess the problem comes up when I have more than 1 rental for a single day, AA only posts miles for one rental, because I talked to Avis and it looks like all miles earned from these rentals have been transferred to AA.
That's a bit worrisome as I just had a couple of rentals all done in the space of one day, today...
Can anyone else chime in and confirm/deny whether they've had miles post for all their multiple rentals done on the same day?
Old Sep 15, 2012, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by HmmDonuts
That's a bit worrisome as I just had a couple of rentals all done in the space of one day, today...
Can anyone else chime in and confirm/deny whether they've had miles post for all their multiple rentals done on the same day?
Relax...it should be okay at the end of day. It will be a different story if you need those miles very soon.

What I got are all rental receipts (both in paper copies from rental counter and e-copies from email) stating $4.05 FF tax is charged and 3050 miles are earned. I have no reason to disbelieve Avis won't award those miles to me, and for the same token, AA has no incentive to not post those miles to my account. There are just some IT problems needs to be fixed for such multiple rentals occurred in the same day. I have opened a case with AAdvantage and hopefully will be taken care of soon, but anyway, I know it will take sometime.

Last edited by lewende; Sep 15, 2012 at 8:34 pm Reason: Typo
Old Sep 15, 2012, 8:29 pm

Out of my 100+ rentals ...
And I thought I was doing swell with 19! Impressive ...
Old Sep 15, 2012, 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by aa213bb
And I thought I was doing swell with 19! Impressive ...
I know...it's a lot...to be honest with you, last 5 weekends this MR has been quite an ordeal for me, and for the first time tomorrow morning, I won't wake up rushing out to check in/check out those cars!
Old Sep 15, 2012, 8:41 pm

I know...it's a lot...to be honest with you, last 5 weekends this MR has been quite an ordeal for me, and for the first time tomorrow morning, I won't wake up rushing out to check in/check out those cars!
My wife would've murdered me had I tried to talk her into that many ... as it is, she was having none of a final 3 rental push for tonight.

Still, I'll take my 58k for an average CPM of $0.0072 and be quite happy, thankyouverymuch!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.