Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Avis: Earn 3,000 or 5,000 AAdvantage miles and up to 35% off, until 15 Sep 2012

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis: Earn 3,000 or 5,000 AAdvantage miles and up to 35% off, until 15 Sep 2012

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2012, 1:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, F9 Elite, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jasongc87
Hi all,
I took advantage the Avis offer this weekend. I have a question though I'm doing a rental from this Thursday top day, will the 5k offer still apply since the rental will end after the 15th?
From the t&c:

Code:
Rental must begin by September 15, 2012.
Just means the car needs to be PICKED UP by September 15, it can be returned after that date, however.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 2:40 pm

I used the avis.com and prepaid rates and used the normal coupon and awd # found inthe first post and only recieved 50 miles per rental..Ill wait and see if the bonus posts before I get ready to fight.

Weirdly when I used the aa.com avis landing page for avis, I was taxed for the correct amount of FF and my bonus on the reciept showed 3050 rather than the 50 miles.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 12:22 am

Just checked my account, based on reports of a new sweep, and I've hit my first snag -- rentals for 9/1 & 9/2 have posted, but only 50 mls apiece (same as snugglening, above). Anyone else have/had this issue? If so, any advice?
Old Sep 11, 2012, 12:34 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
To Avis/AA sages here, does one give up any rights to miles if one waits longer than eight weeks to follow up? I'm in the middle of my seventh week w/r/t my earliest rentals, and only see miles for one one-day rental. (If it's any consolation to myself - - I haven't received more recent Club Carlson points for a rental that was ~ a month ago either...) I'm still in the contest with a friend to out-patience her by not following up, but seriously, I wonder if this becomes foolish at eight weeks. Thank you.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 7:28 am

Programs: AA,HH Gold,SPG Plat,Natl Elite,Hertz Pres Cir
Originally Posted by aa213bb
Just checked my account, based on reports of a new sweep, and I've hit my first snag -- rentals for 9/1 & 9/2 have posted, but only 50 mls apiece (same as snugglening, above). Anyone else have/had this issue? If so, any advice?
Send an e-mail, via the Avis Customer Svc tab, quoting the rental agreement number and the number of points you expected & what you actual received. You should get a standard response that they have credited the miles & it will take 30-60 days, although I'm fairly certain the miles will post quicker than that.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 9:37 am

Programs: AA PLAT.MillionMiler,CO/UA,US,HertzPres,*WOOD,PriorityCLB,AvisFirst
Originally Posted by aa213bb
I got the full 5k credit for my 4 day 8/30 rental, but only the base 50miles for my 9/2, 1 day rental. All the particulars were the same except location.The previous week all 3 of my 1 day rentals credited without a hitch, very inconsistent to say the least. Maybe someone who has had a perfect run can post their procedure, for those having problems.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 9:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by Americanada
Send an e-mail, via the Avis Customer Svc tab, quoting the rental agreement number and the number of points you expected & what you actual received. You should get a standard response that they have credited the miles & it will take 30-60 days, although I'm fairly certain the miles will post quicker than that.
how long are you waiting before doing this?
Old Sep 11, 2012, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
how long are you waiting before doing this?
About a month (my threshold for tolerance )

For my rental that ended Aug 6 (for which I was missing the full 3050 pts), I sent an e-mail on Sept 8 and received a response the same day.

However, when it's an error, I don't wait that long.

For my rental of Sept 1 (for which I was expecting 3050 pts), I sent an e-mail immediately after only 50 pts posted to my AA acct, which is to say Sept 10.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 2:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Booked 8/31, 9/1, 9/2.

The first at PHL for about 12 hours posted fine, the young lady asked if I filled with gas, I showed the receipt but she didn't seem to require it. It was easy and posted yesterday.

The last two at SBA are like pulling teeth. The first rental they claimed I owed gas of $55, which at their insane rate would mean 6 gallons, or 1/3rd the tank. I had showed a receipt and had returned it near the F line. The charge was stricken after a phone call. The second rental, on return, they tried to claim my return time was a few hours later or something, and finally acquiesced to give me the 24 hour rate promised. It required manual entry of credits. I was worried about this one because the fuel gage was down quite a bit even though I had filled it. I explained and they photocopied the receipt. No up charges later thankfully.

Yesterday, with the samePHL batch, the SBA rentals posted only 50. Here are my individual replies, which seem absurd:

Thank you for contacting the E-mail Customer Service team.

I apologize for any confusion and the delay in receiving your frequent
flyer miles and or bonus miles.

Having reviewed the terms of use for the coupon, it states the rental
must be at least one day (24 hours) to receive credit for the bonus
points. As the rental was less than (24) hours the system rejected the
coupon.

Your information has been forwarded to our frequent flyer liaison who
will have to investigate the matter, and will contact you with a
resolution.

Should you need additional assistance or have further questions, please
let us know.

Kind Regards,

and the other one:

Thank you for contacting the Avis E-mail Customer Service team.

The mileage number and information are noted on the contract. Please
allow 60-90 days for the mileage in question to be applied.

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know.

Kind Regards,

Dorothy Henderson
Customer Service Representative

Any advice? The first one is nonsense because I had it for nearly 24-hours. It seems plausible that the same thing that caused it to double in price (but was corrected) is affecting the redemption. The second reply is just telling me to wait a long time, but if the transaction ran and didn't post, I think it's not going to. I'd rather not wait 60 days just to have the right to argue it.

If you read this much and have advice, thanks!!

Ed
Old Sep 11, 2012, 4:17 pm

Took the advice of Americanada and emailed Avis about two reservations; following are their responses:

Dear Mr. aa213bb

I have reviewed your account and am pleased to advise that your Frequent
Traveler points have been processed with your requested partner. Your
points will appear on a future activity statement that will be provided
by your frequent traveler program. Please allow 60-90 days for the
mileage to be reflected
and, #2
Dear Mr. aa213bb

We apologize for any inconvenience. According to the terms and
conditions of the coupon offer, a 24 hour advance reservation is
required. Upon review of your reservation, we find you confirmed your
booking online on 9/1/12, less than 24 hour prior to your pick up
date/time. Unfortunately, your rental does not qualify for the bonus
miles.
Obviously I am happy with the first, but not the second. I responded with the following email:

Thank you so much for your prompt response. After looking over the T&C of the coupon (pasted below), I am a bit confused as I do not see a mention anywhere that a rental needs to be made 24 hours in advance. I do see it says, "An advance reservation is required", however that only implies a reservation needs to be made at some point prior to arrival at the Avis location -- i.e. not at the counter.

Is there anything you can do to help me with this please?

Thank you,
aa213bb

For your reference, here are the T&C (underlined and italicized emphasis my own)

3,000 AAdvantage bonus miles offer valid on a qualifying rental of minimum one day, maximum two consecutive days at participating Avis airport locations in the US and Canada. Mention coupon.MUAA035.to get this offer.
5,000 AAdvantage bonus miles offer valid on a qualifying rental of 3 consecutive days or more at participating Avis airport locations in the US and Canada. Mention couponMUAA035.to get this offer.
Offer valid for rentals between July 18,2012 and September 14, 2012.
AAdvantage number must be mentioned at the time of reservation or at the rental counter to earn AAdvantage bonus miles.
Please allow 6 to 8 weeks for AAdvantage bonus miles to post to the AAdvantage member’s account.
Bonus miles offer valid on all car groups.
An advance reservation is required.
Offer may not be used with any other coupon, promotion or offer except your AWD discount.
The savings of up to 35% applies to the time and mileage charges only. Use AWDK817165.to receive this discount.
Taxes, concession recovery fees, vehicle license recovery fee, customer facility charges ($10/contract in CA) and fuel charges are extra.
Optional items such as LDW ($35.99/day or less) and other surcharges may apply and are extra.
Offer is subject to vehicle availability at the time of rental and may not be available on some rates at some times, including some online rates at Avis.com.
Car rental return restrictions may apply.
Offer subject to change without notice.
Renter must meet Avis age, driver and credit requirements. Minimum rental age may vary by location. An additional daily surcharge may apply for renters under 25 years old.
My hope is this is easily rectified. Has anyone else had the same issue?
Old Sep 11, 2012, 5:25 pm

Already received an Avis response to my email in the post above, which is the following:
We apologize for any inconvenience this issue has caused. You are
correct. This coupon does not state that an advanced booking of 24
hours is required; only that an advanced reservation must be booked.

I have created case file XXXXXX and am submitting it to our Frequent
Flyer department at this time for further review and investigation. You
will be contacted with our findings as quickly as possible.
I'll give them this, they're very responsive. Looking good thus far, and I will update once I know more.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by Firewind
To Avis/AA sages here, does one give up any rights to miles if one waits longer than eight weeks to follow up? I'm in the middle of my seventh week w/r/t my earliest rentals, and only see miles for one one-day rental. (If it's any consolation to myself - - I haven't received more recent Club Carlson points for a rental that was ~ a month ago either...) I'm still in the contest with a friend to out-patience her by not following up, but seriously, I wonder if this becomes foolish at eight weeks. Thank you.
The "right" to your miles shouldn't really disappear as long as the promo is ongoing. I would be comfortable to wait until the end of the promo, and then another 2 weeks. But, that's about it. Definitely not more than a month after the end of the promo.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 10:29 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K
Thanks

Originally Posted by denCSA
From the t&c:

Code:
Rental must begin by September 15, 2012.
Just means the car needs to be PICKED UP by September 15, it can be returned after that date, however.
Thanks denCSA!!! I'll do two rentals and get 8K
Old Sep 12, 2012, 4:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by Americanada
About a month (my threshold for tolerance )

For my rental that ended Aug 6 (for which I was missing the full 3050 pts), I sent an e-mail on Sept 8 and received a response the same day.

However, when it's an error, I don't wait that long.

For my rental of Sept 1 (for which I was expecting 3050 pts), I sent an e-mail immediately after only 50 pts posted to my AA acct, which is to say Sept 10.
thanks, maybe its a coincidence but my rental ended on Aug 6th as well
Old Sep 12, 2012, 6:53 am

Promo page has been replaced.

A new promo is offering 500 bonus AA miles (for 1 day rentals) to 11-30-2012 with a new coupon code. Not as lucrative & I for one will not be following this 500 miles promo.

However the 3K bonus miles should still be valid for pick-ups to 9-15-2012 even though the Web page has been replaced.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.