Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Avis: Earn 3,000 or 5,000 AAdvantage miles and up to 35% off, until 15 Sep 2012

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2012, 3:40 pm

problem with today's rental

Picked up one today, but the rental agreement showed only 6 cents fee for the FF miles, instead of the normal ~$4. I assume that means I am getting only 50 miles, instead of 3050 miles. Did anyone picking up today have the same problem? I am guessing their system hasn't been updated for the extension yet.

Last edited by justcome; Sep 1, 2012 at 9:39 pm
Old Sep 1, 2012, 4:20 pm

So already had a screwup. I went to to avis to pick up my noon reservation with a return and 7pm. I also have a another same day reservation with a pickup up 7pm with return to 6am next day. The counter rep gave me the on for 7pm today rather than the noon one. I spent a very horrible half hr clearing that up.

The mgr also notified me if you bring the car back early say you rent for 7hr and bring it back in a hour it is possible the rate will increase. I think he is dead wrong ,but anyone have any experience with this happening?
Old Sep 1, 2012, 6:35 pm

Programs: AS MVPG-75K & HYATT Diamond; former DL-DM, AA-PLT, US-PLT
Originally Posted by bchips
Has anybody had success getting points with multiple rentals on the same day? I've got 3 booked today about 4 hours a part (before I knew the offer was extended). Hoping I didn't shoot myself in the foot.
Yes, I had two saturday rentals from same location with 2 cars each, and they all posted 3050 miles without a problem.
Old Sep 1, 2012, 6:39 pm

Programs: AS MVPG-75K & HYATT Diamond; former DL-DM, AA-PLT, US-PLT
Originally Posted by Americanada
Promo has been extended (by a wee bit) to 9-15-2012.
Oh yeah! Now the question of my 8-31 / 9-1 rental posting won't be an issue, and I have some rentals planned in BWI & PHL during the next 10 days as part of a work trip.
Old Sep 1, 2012, 8:22 pm
Used to be highman123

I had a reservation for 9 AM and called I would come 6 PM and asked if that would be an issue. They said no prob.

Come 6PM I queue up and the agent says the rate is now $89. I say no way I have a confirmed reservation wit a different rate and tell her about the call. She says I ain't got no call and says there is nothing she can do and waves to the next person in line and tell me to take a hike- what a b**ch

I try with her co-worker joe at SJC who types away for 2 minutes and voila my car is ready. Some people are just not born/willing for customer service...
Old Sep 2, 2012, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by highman123
I had a reservation for 9 AM and called I would come 6 PM and asked if that would be an issue. They said no prob.

Come 6PM I queue up and the agent says the rate is now $89. I say no way I have a confirmed reservation wit a different rate and tell her about the call. She says I ain't got no call and says there is nothing she can do and waves to the next person in line and tell me to take a hike- what a b**ch

I try with her co-worker joe at SJC who types away for 2 minutes and voila my car is ready. Some people are just not born/willing for customer service...
Funny you mention this I picked up my 3rd rental and asked if I can pick up my 4th about a 2hr late lady at the counter said no problem so let see what happens when I shop up for it.

I am looking at my travel partner points earned and they are all just 50. I went thru ebates and did avis and used the prepaid rate.I used the coupon that is prepoulated in the aa link MUAA035.

Has anyone worked with Avis and see if they CSR can make it easier for you to make numerous rentals in one day and still get the miles?

Last edited by snugglening; Sep 2, 2012 at 10:20 am
Old Sep 2, 2012, 12:39 pm

When did you pick up your rentals? After 9/1?

Originally Posted by snugglening
Funny you mention this I picked up my 3rd rental and asked if I can pick up my 4th about a 2hr late lady at the counter said no problem so let see what happens when I shop up for it.

I am looking at my travel partner points earned and they are all just 50. I went thru ebates and did avis and used the prepaid rate.I used the coupon that is prepoulated in the aa link MUAA035.

Has anyone worked with Avis and see if they CSR can make it easier for you to make numerous rentals in one day and still get the miles?
Old Sep 2, 2012, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by justcome
When did you pick up your rentals? After 9/1?
I picked them up 9/1 and 9/2 used MUAA035 and K817165 for CLE airport. All receipts showed just 50 miles, maybe AVIS is not up to date.
Old Sep 2, 2012, 2:11 pm

See my previous post. I am having the same problem for my rental starting 9/1. Mine is 24 hour rental.

Originally Posted by snugglening
I picked them up 9/1 and 9/2 used MUAA035 and K817165 for CLE airport. All receipts showed just 50 miles, maybe AVIS is not up to date.
Old Sep 2, 2012, 7:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP Gold 75K, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by dsldog400
Yes, I had two saturday rentals from same location with 2 cars each, and they all posted 3050 miles without a problem.
Thanks for that. Seems weird that one of the rentals from my 2x rental day showed up, not the other. Fingers crossed I won't have to battle.
Old Sep 2, 2012, 10:00 pm

Programs: AA,HH Gold,SPG Plat,Natl Elite,Hertz Pres Cir
Same here

Originally Posted by justcome
Picked up one today, but the rental agreement showed only 6 cents fee for the FF miles, instead of the normal ~$4. I assume that means I am getting only 50 miles, instead of 3050 miles. Did anyone picking up today have the same problem? I am guessing their system hasn't been updated for the extension yet.
My previous five rentals showed 3050 after every rental. No problems. I also had all of them checked-in by a rover (receipt provided at carside).

This last rental began Sept 1 and ended on the 2nd and it was checked-in inside (old dot-matrix receipt) and it shows 6cents fee & 50 points earned. Not sure if the method of receipt had anything to do with it. Probably not but you never know. I'm hoping that all locations are on the same up-to-date system.

This will be something to follow-up on, but I will wait a few days to see if my upcoming reservations, at the same location, also show up short.
Old Sep 3, 2012, 4:12 am

So no-one has gotten promo miles on their rentals post 9/1? I have a 8 day rental which i have broken down into 4 rentals by going back to the airport and exchange. Would hate to go through the hassle if the miles aren't automatic like before. :/ Its not even worth my time email/call, even if they were to manually correct it later. Rental doesnt start for a few days, so will see what others post.
Old Sep 3, 2012, 4:17 am

More miles posted for rentals ending 8/27 today.
Old Sep 3, 2012, 6:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by vrbaba
More miles posted for rentals ending 8/27 today.
are you saying for a rental turned in on 8/27, your miles posted?

Mine from an 8/10 return (receipt showed 3100 miles) have not posted. Avis for other promos is usually way faster than this. It (delay) must be on AA's end for this promo
Old Sep 3, 2012, 6:06 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
It (delay) must be on AA's end for this promo
You think?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.