Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Avis: Earn 3,000 or 5,000 AAdvantage miles and up to 35% off, until 15 Sep 2012

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis: Earn 3,000 or 5,000 AAdvantage miles and up to 35% off, until 15 Sep 2012

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2012, 7:47 pm

So here is my echange with avis is this helps with anyone who just has 50 miles on their receipt. I rented on 9/1 and 9/2 , 2 cars each day for about 3 hours each time.

> > Original Message Follows:
> > ------------------------
> > Feedback/Question
> > Type:Frequent Flyer Partner Program Comments: I was just wondering if you can help me. I recently had 4
rental with avis and was supposed to have 3000AAmiles per rental but
I recieved only 50. I used this code MUAA035.
------
> > Thank you for contacting Avis Customer Service. We apologize for the inconvenience but we need you to provide us
with the rental agreement numbers to the the ones in question. I have reviewed your wizard number and do not see any rentals linked.The one rental agreement number that you did provide does have your AAmiles number added. We look forward to hearing back from you.

(I send in all the rest of my rental agreemnt #s.)

Thank you for contacting the E-mail Customer Service team.

rental # coupon MUAA035 5000 Bonus Mile

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know.

Kind Regards,

Terry Cheatham
Customer Service Representative
Old Sep 3, 2012, 8:22 pm
Original Poster

Holy cow, I'm loving this AAdvantage deal. The miles post so quickly!! I hope they keep re-extending it.
Old Sep 3, 2012, 9:05 pm

Programs: AA Plat (OWS), W6 Discount Club, TK Elite (*G), ex-MA Gold, Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by JnsV
Would a rental between 9/13 and 9/16 eligible for the promo? Avis.com accepts the coupon code for these dates (but not for the next week, of course), but I'm not sure whether I would get the miles or not.

(BTW, still waiting for a rental between 8/10 and 8/12 to post.)
To answer my own question: I checked the promotion terms on AA.com, where it states that the Rental must begin by September 15, 2012.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 5:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP Gold 75K, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
Data point:

I emailed Avis CS to request my missing mileage from 8/10-8/12 (LAX) and they credited my account. However, the dates that I had multiple same day rentals are still under investigation. :/
Old Sep 4, 2012, 8:58 pm

Programs: AA,HH Gold,SPG Plat,Natl Elite,Hertz Pres Cir
Originally Posted by bchips
Data point:

I emailed Avis CS to request my missing mileage from 8/10-8/12 (LAX) and they credited my account. However, the dates that I had multiple same day rentals are still under investigation. :/

FYI (for future use). If I had multiple same day rentals, I would not have requested any missing miles/points at the same time. I would have requested the missing miles for one rental & when that would post I would request the next one and so forth (this is only if I had multiple rentals at the same location on the same day or even if I had back-to-back rentals). This protects you and maintains less-restrictive rules for the next promotion.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 12:08 am

Data point: just looked and my miles from rentals 8/24 - 8/26 at BUR have posted, 3050 each.

Kicking myself for not doing more. I hope this gets extended even longer!
Old Sep 5, 2012, 2:15 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Starwood PLT
Originally Posted by drzoidberg
Holy cow, I'm loving this AAdvantage deal. The miles post so quickly!! I hope they keep re-extending it.
Only two of my four August rentals have posted, all four were from before Aug 20. Do you think I need to follow up with Avis?
Old Sep 7, 2012, 3:27 am

Programs: AA PLT, DL
Originally Posted by Panamajon513
Only two of my four August rentals have posted, all four were from before Aug 20. Do you think I need to follow up with Avis?
Excerpt from email received from customer service today for a rental on 8/12:

Thank you for taking the time to contact Avis with your Frequent
Traveler inquiry.

I have reviewed your account and am pleased to advise that your Frequent
Traveler points have been processed with your requested partner. Your
points will appear on a future activity statement that will be provided
by your frequent traveler program. Please allow up to 90 days for credit
to post to your account.
Old Sep 7, 2012, 4:20 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat
Just booked a 12 day rental using the AA promotion. Saved quite a bit over Hertz, and it is for a full size over a Hertz compact. It was time well spent clicking on the link. 5k AA miles, full size car over compact and saving some money.....
Old Sep 7, 2012, 4:33 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Cool

Sadly, the pattern of data points that only FlyerTalk can generate now point to the necessity of the extra step of following up with a personal contact. "Sadly", because, as this is likely already a result of our jamming the system, it's likely to exacerbate the problem. And then the anxiety generated compounds it. We've seen this happen before with such partner promos. There are usually far fewer resources (maybe a couple of humans at Avis) for remedying such a fiasco than there were for supporting the promo in the first place. "Sadly" also because, while this often happens at Budget, this is apparently, by all FT accounts, the first time at Avis.

Cards on the table, I am part of the problem. All single-day rentals for this promo. And going on six weeks from my earliest rentals. All AWD A515100, but only one transferred. This said, I am going to wait it out for a while because I'm in a contest with a FlyerTalk friend, seeing who can out-patience the other. She's always on the "They'll show up ultimately" side (most recently with the bailing-wired US grand slam). And ultimately, she's always been right, even with the Budget=>Delta 5,000 miles/day fiasco, when "ultimately" meant two years -- past a major Skymiles devaluation. I digress.
Old Sep 7, 2012, 9:15 am

Just booked 4 more for this weekend. Thus far, I've had all points post post (with the exception of last weekend, which I don't believe has been "sweeped" yet).
Old Sep 7, 2012, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by aa213bb
Just booked 4 more for this weekend. Thus far, I've had all points post post (with the exception of last weekend, which I don't believe has been "sweeped" yet).
But, no one has posted that their rentals after 9/1 have been showing the miles on the receipt, which leads me to believe, they will not automatically show up. I have a return tomm and will find out.
Old Sep 7, 2012, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by vrbaba
But, no one has posted that their rentals after 9/1 have been showing the miles on the receipt, which leads me to believe, they will not automatically show up. I have a return tomm and will find out.
None of my receipts have displayed any miles -- all at BUR.
Old Sep 7, 2012, 1:25 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by aa213bb
What AWD are you using, aa213bb?
Old Sep 7, 2012, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by Firewind
What AWD are you using, aa213bb?
The Southwest Rapid Rewards one from the first page (several posts down, begins with, I believe "K0...").

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.