Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Archive: AA Citibank Executive / AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard (& MM poll)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: If AA Citi Exec MC purchases no longer count toward Million Miler status after 2012:
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will definitely keep my card - other benefits worth it
7.45%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will probably keep my card
6.83%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I'm not sure yet if I will keep or cancel my card
14.29%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will probably cancel my card
16.15%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will definitely cancel my card - other benefits not worth it
28.57%
Obtained card after Nov 30, 2011: I'm already ineligible for this benefit anyways
4.97%
I'm not a cardholder: I would enroll if this benefit were offered for new cardholders
13.66%
I'm not a cardholder: I would not enroll even if this benefit were offered for new cardholders
1.86%
I'm not a cardholder: I just want to see the poll results
6.21%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Archive: AA Citibank Executive / AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard (& MM poll)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2012, 9:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, EBS GLD, A|Club PLT, CC Silver, HH GLD
Originally Posted by bassque
I'm primary on mine and my chipped cards (they sent me two, too) do not have the logo. However, they did call me last Friday night to tell me that I'll be getting replacements containing the AC logo on or about January 23.

Oh, and I did get verbal confirmation that the replacement cards will be chipped as well.

There was a set of cards sent out in late Nov, Dec and early Jan which contained the Chip & no AC logo on them. As reported in this thread, the instructions given to the ACs said no logo no entry at the time and several of us had been barred entry.

Per, JDiver they fixed the computer system and the AC should be able to see that we have access without the AC logo, but my understanding is that the AC logo'd cards will continue to be an entry requirement.

Last edited by Pucnit; Jan 19, 2012 at 6:59 am Reason: Edited for incorrect spelling of the honorable Senior Moderator's name :)
Old Jan 19, 2012, 6:55 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Who is the "JDriver" you speak of?

Yes, the Admirals Club will (again) be able to look up our FFN and see we are members, whether it is by usual membership or Citi Exec card - which is immaterial.

For those of us who received cards without the logo, the logo is what Qantas Club, Sakura Lounge, etc. have been instructed to look for, so without the logo we may have some trouble if we are looking for reciprocity admission. If we know in advance we will be doing so, until new cards are issued it may be a good idea to request a statement of membership from the Admirals Club folks. (This will primarily affect members without oneworld Emerald or Sapphire status, traveling in Economy class on the required flights, i.e. QF domestic, AA FRA-DFW, etc.)

It appears the marketing was done hastily without thinking through the implications and assuring AC membership would be able to be determined from the card. All this reissuing of cards must be costing them some money.

(My card currently has the Admirals Club® logo on the reverse, but I am hoping the chip card I request will still have it.)

Originally Posted by Pucnit
There was a set of cards sent out in late Nov, Dec and early Jan which contained the Chip & no AC logo on them. As reported in this thread, the instructions given to the ACs said no logo no entry at the time and several of us had been barred entry.

Per, JDriver they fixed the computer system and the AC should be able to see that we have access without the AC logo, but my understanding is that the AC logo'd cards will continue to be an entry requirement.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 8:09 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
I am a member via the World Elite card, and earlier this week received an offer for $100 off of an Admirals Club membership. Yesterday I received the following message (which I appreciate because they think of me as a "real" member!):

Dear JohnDCA,

You may have received an email from us yesterday including an offer for a new Admirals Club® membership. We realize you are already an Admirals Club member and apologize for any inconvenience or confusion this may have caused. We have identified the issue and have taken steps to ensure this does not happen again.

We value your relationship and understand that communicating with you via email is a privilege not to be taken lightly. Again, we apologize for any confusion the email may have caused and strive to provide you with an enjoyable Admirals Club experience. We appreciate you as a customer and look forward to welcoming you in an Admirals Club soon.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 8:33 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by JohnDCA
I am a member via the World Elite card, and earlier this week received an offer for $100 off of an Admirals Club membership. Yesterday I received the following message (which I appreciate because they think of me as a "real" member!):

Dear JohnDCA,

You may have received an email from us yesterday including an offer for a new Admirals Club® membership. We realize you are already an Admirals Club member and apologize for any inconvenience or confusion this may have caused. We have identified the issue and have taken steps to ensure this does not happen again.

We value your relationship and understand that communicating with you via email is a privilege not to be taken lightly. Again, we apologize for any confusion the email may have caused and strive to provide you with an enjoyable Admirals Club experience. We appreciate you as a customer and look forward to welcoming you in an Admirals Club soon.
I got the same, except only a $50 discount offer. Mind you I have been an AC member for 6 years prior to "converting" my membership with the card..
Old Jan 19, 2012, 7:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
I am a member via the World Elite card, and earlier this week received an offer for $100 off of an Admirals Club membership.
I also received the same two e-mails.

Yesterday I received the following message (which I appreciate because they think of me as a "real" member!):
Funny, I also had the same reaction.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 7:49 pm

Programs: AA Plat, WN A-List, Marriot Gold, Hyatt Plat
I have had my card since August.

It has the AC logo on the back, and have not really had much trouble with it. No chip/pin or fancy wizardry. At the most I have been asked for my Elite card with FF#, passport or DL for ID.

But last week, while in DFW twice, and both times visiting the AC in Terminal D, the front desk agents asked for my boarding pass. ? Why would they need my boarding pass?

HP

Last edited by HighPotter; Jan 19, 2012 at 7:52 pm Reason: added info
Old Jan 19, 2012, 9:27 pm

Programs: AA 2.2MM LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by HighPotter
But last week, while in DFW twice, and both times visiting the AC in Terminal D, the front desk agents asked for my boarding pass. ? Why would they need my boarding pass?
I asked about that when it happened to me, and was given a pretty innocent and understandable reason. With your boarding pass, they can pull all your information in quickly and automatically. Without it, they have to manually key a bunch of stuff in. Eventually, it should be set up so they can pull in everything they need from your card or your AAdvantage#.

Last edited by MichaelColey; Jan 19, 2012 at 9:37 pm
Old Jan 20, 2012, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My friend just cancelled his card. Used it to get Platinum, and then dumped it. Citi gave him back his entire $450 annual fee. Pretty good deal! No bonus miles for him since he converted, but still, it well served its purpose.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern
My friend just cancelled his card. Used it to get Platinum, and then dumped it. Citi gave him back his entire $450 annual fee. Pretty good deal! No bonus miles for him since he converted, but still, it well served its purpose.
I've considered this as well.

Does he have an AC membership? I'm not to 1MM yet, so figured I'd keep it open as long as they're adding to that balance. If it didn't give lounge access which I use a lot, I would dump it as well. I can honestly say that the customer experience with this card has been less than ideal in many regards.

--wes
Old Jan 20, 2012, 12:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, EBS GLD, A|Club PLT, CC Silver, HH GLD
Personally, as long as the purchases count towards MM program and I get AC access I will keep this card. If either stops then I go to AmEx (unless they stop their AC benefits). Then hell if I know.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wesmanz
I've considered this as well.

Does he have an AC membership? I'm not to 1MM yet, so figured I'd keep it open as long as they're adding to that balance. If it didn't give lounge access which I use a lot, I would dump it as well. I can honestly say that the customer experience with this card has been less than ideal in many regards.

--wes
Nope - No AC membership. He doesn't even fly that much. Just wanted to get LT Plat locked down.

If he cared for AC, he'd definitely go Amex Platinum.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 10:13 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Diamond; SPG Gold; MR Platinum :)
Originally Posted by josephstern
How did he use it to get Platinum?
Old Jan 20, 2012, 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by monsrt
Spend, I imagine. LOL.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by monsrt
He was about 30,000 points away from LT 2MM, so a few months of spending, carefully calculated to hit in January so as to keep the SWUs valid for another year.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 8:08 am

Programs: hilton spg aa
Priority Access denied

My account have been downgraded from limited gold to 'premium card' and since then I don't have priority access printed on boarding pass anymore. Tried printing online, kiosk and at the counter - same result. Spend several hours on the phone with AA customer service but they can't figure out the problem. Anyone have run into this issue? It is getting really frustrating.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.