Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Archive: AA Citibank Executive / AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard (& MM poll)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: If AA Citi Exec MC purchases no longer count toward Million Miler status after 2012:
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will definitely keep my card - other benefits worth it
7.45%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will probably keep my card
6.83%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I'm not sure yet if I will keep or cancel my card
14.29%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will probably cancel my card
16.15%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will definitely cancel my card - other benefits not worth it
28.57%
Obtained card after Nov 30, 2011: I'm already ineligible for this benefit anyways
4.97%
I'm not a cardholder: I would enroll if this benefit were offered for new cardholders
13.66%
I'm not a cardholder: I would not enroll even if this benefit were offered for new cardholders
1.86%
I'm not a cardholder: I just want to see the poll results
6.21%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Archive: AA Citibank Executive / AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard (& MM poll)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2012, 7:14 pm

Programs: Citibank AAdvantage Executive CCard
@batyam: I had the same problem. I posted about it back in post # 1166. Here is the quote:

This happened to me and created problems. When I got the card, my account was coded Gold (I could view this on my AA.com AAdvantage page; it has the Gold icon). Between my departure and return dates, the Gold status was changed to...nothing. When I checked in at the ticket counter for my return flight, it did not print Priority Access. The ticket agent (even after she called AA...twice) was not able to change anything, have AA customer service change anything in their systems, nor help me in any way. My account only reflected I was an AAdvantage member. She could/would not call Citibank either. Both the ticket agent and AA customer service had no idea what happened or why it changed. It was clearly explained that I had the Citi AAdvantage Executive card, the features I should receive, and showed them my departure receipt with did include my Priority Access credentials on it from a few days prior and CCard.

I did not receive any Gold perks for my entire return trip, including my short layover in MIA. I was also, of course, charged for extra baggage that should have been free.

Long, long story short...after speaking with a Supervisor a few days after my full return, she said that the "Gold" code was dropped from the account but not repopulated with the "Premium Card" code. Interestingly, my account noted that I actually had the Executive card in another area in their system, just not that key "Star Profile" code area. She also stated this has happened to others, and are changing/updating as people call in; this leads me to believe that there are limited-to-no proactive fixes in place.

I would strongly advise doublechecking your account before flying. This includes BOTH your AA.com webpage and calling AA customer service to make sure it is coded with the Premium Card code (in the "Star Profile" area as well).
Old Jan 26, 2012, 9:08 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG LT Plat, AA 3MM EXP
Citi called a few weeks ago and said they would ship new cards with the Admirals Club logo on 1/23. They called 1/25 and said, "do you want the new card with the Admirals Club logo?" Got the card overnight delivery before 10am (nice) and noticed a couple of things:

1) expiry and CVV2 did not change (thank goodness)
2) Admirals logo is ONLY on the primary cardholder's card now
3) Admirals logo, Citi logo, AND World Elite logo are now at the top of the back
4) AAdvantage number is only on primary cardholder's card (on front)
5) shipped in a standard #10 envelope, no fancy package this time (good)
6) Sticker on card said to call to activate. I'm fairly certain this is not necessary since the numbers are exactly the same, and there is no "new card activation" verbiage on the citi website next to my account.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 1:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP; HH Diamond
Today Citi pulled the bonus miles posted in Dec out from my AAdvantage account. Called Citi and was told that they were adjusting the posting date by taking out of miles first then post it back again with a differently date(something to do with MM program).

I am wondering if this is happening to other people well?
Old Jan 26, 2012, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SanAngeles
Today Citi pulled the bonus miles posted in Dec out from my AAdvantage account. Called Citi and was told that they were adjusting the posting date by taking out of miles first then post it back again with a differently date(something to do with MM program).

Definitely not the case for me.

When did you get approved for the card?
Old Jan 26, 2012, 1:56 pm

My card was approved and activated in November. The bonus miles posted after 12/1. I guess they will move the posting date to before 12/1. Otherwise why would they bother? This should be a positive thing for people whose card was activated before 12/1 but bonus miles posted after 12/1.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 2:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
News on Chip+PIN vs Chip+Signature

Has anyone heard if they will be updating the "chipped" cards with a PIN anytime soon? Planning a 2 week driving vacation in Europe this spring and the PIN sure would make buying gas etc. much easier

Last edited by teemuflyer; Jan 26, 2012 at 2:27 pm Reason: typo
Old Jan 26, 2012, 2:35 pm

Chip & Miles update

On the chipped & AC logo'd card:
I called Citi last night, and a very pleasant and helpful CS rep in Kentucky first said Citi had delayed the processing/shipping of the new chipped cards until "sometime in the second quarter." When I mentioned that I thought they were supposed to be rolling out this week (Jan. 23), she put me on hold and came back to say she was mistaken and they are available now. She reassured me these cards have the microchip, AAdvantage number on the front AND AC logo on the back. Should be here in 7-10 days, she said.

On the 25k bonus miles disappearing:
This happened to me too -- miles were there yesterday (25,000 Citi bonus miles posted on Dec. 9, 2011) and disappeared today (labeled "adjustment"). I send a note to AAdvantage customer service, but happy to hear that Citi has already said this is being fixed. Thanks to whomever posted that.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 2:44 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Has anyone heard if they will be updating the "chipped" cards with a PIN anytime soon? Planning a 2 week driving vacation in Europe this spring and the PIN sure would make buying gas etc. much easier
Mine was overnight mailed to me, received it today.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 3:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
AFAIK, there are very few Chip-and-PIN EMV cards available in the US today, most of the small lot that issue EMV chipped cards are alas, Chip-and-Signature.

You can find the list of EMV chip cards (PIN or Signature type) on this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...signature.html
Old Jan 26, 2012, 3:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
[deleted]

Last edited by kebosabi; Jan 26, 2012 at 3:12 pm Reason: wrong thread
Old Jan 26, 2012, 3:50 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, AS MVP Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, US
Did anyone open the account after Dec 1st, 2011 and see the credit card miles count towards the MM status?
Old Jan 26, 2012, 4:29 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold, Starwood Gold, Hertz Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Plat., BFD

Yes, happened to me too. Will keep an eye on it. Have they replaced yours yet?

AAmlgm8r
Old Jan 26, 2012, 4:31 pm

I was told that it will show up within 24-48 hours.

Originally Posted by AAmlgm8r
Yes, happened to me too. Will keep an eye on it. Have they replaced yours yet?

AAmlgm8r
Old Jan 26, 2012, 5:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.6MM

It happened to me today as well. I was about to call them, but I read is a wide problem/issue with some card holders. Hopefully if you spent the $1000 before 1 Dec they'll credit the 25k miles towards the MM program.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 7:09 pm

Programs: AA Plat/2 MM, Marriott Titanium, Admirals Club, Hilton Silver, Priority Club Platinum
My card was approved and activated in November. The bonus miles posted after 12/1. I guess they will move the posting date to before 12/1. Otherwise why would they bother? This should be a positive thing for people whose card was activated before 12/1 but bonus miles posted after 12/1.
I had the same experience. Got and activated the card in November but the bonus miles posted in Dec. When I called customer service, I got the same response. The bonus miles will be added back in and be included in million miler miles. I will monitor it to be sure that happens but it appears we both got essentially the same explanation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.