Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Archive: AA Citibank Executive / AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard (& MM poll)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: If AA Citi Exec MC purchases no longer count toward Million Miler status after 2012:
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will definitely keep my card - other benefits worth it
7.45%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will probably keep my card
6.83%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I'm not sure yet if I will keep or cancel my card
14.29%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will probably cancel my card
16.15%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will definitely cancel my card - other benefits not worth it
28.57%
Obtained card after Nov 30, 2011: I'm already ineligible for this benefit anyways
4.97%
I'm not a cardholder: I would enroll if this benefit were offered for new cardholders
13.66%
I'm not a cardholder: I would not enroll even if this benefit were offered for new cardholders
1.86%
I'm not a cardholder: I just want to see the poll results
6.21%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Archive: AA Citibank Executive / AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard (& MM poll)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2012, 11:59 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
Originally Posted by josephstern
That's certainly the way the wording worked, but has anyone who applied for the card after 12/1/11 confirmed that their regular purchase miles don't count toward MM status? I'm not sure that this was exactly the way they intended the card to work.

?

They brought out the new, expensive, card about the same time they announced that only BIS miles would count towards MM status. They wanted to move as many people into the new card as quickly as possible, so they used "Buy Or Die" marketing to set a deadline for a specific benefit.

Thus, many who would have otherwise procrastinated got the card so as to get MM-counting miles next year in addition to BIS miles.

The promo worked exactly as they intended.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by QueenOfCoach
?

They brought out the new, expensive, card about the same time they announced that only BIS miles would count towards MM status. They wanted to move as many people into the new card as quickly as possible, so they used "Buy Or Die" marketing to set a deadline for a specific benefit.

Thus, many who would have otherwise procrastinated got the card so as to get MM-counting miles next year in addition to BIS miles.

The promo worked exactly as they intended.
I hear you, and I made sure I got mine in time for the cutoff.

But I'd really like confirmation that approvals after that date specifically don't qualify. Now that we're past 12/1, they certainly have an incentive to change the rules.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 9:50 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM/AC; UA Silver; AS; DL; Marriott LTT; National Car Elite
I really like my card and the bennies and service. So I've used it for everything except Marriott since I got it.

The downside to using it for everything, is that last week there was fraud. Citi tried calling then texted me right away so we were able to nip it in the bud. However, now I'll have to go thru the hassle of resetting all the automatic payments that go to the card. I've had about 5 other Citi cards closed, but they were all for breaches. I think this was the first actual fraud.

<sigh>
Old Jan 17, 2012, 10:45 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by AA4LIFE
My billing cycle ends on the 11th. Used the card for the first time last night. Now we play the waiting game.
Converted before the 12/1 deadline. Received the card after 12/1. Charges posted as Million Miler Miles. 52,000 miles left to 2 million
Old Jan 17, 2012, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by AA4LIFE
Converted before the 12/1 deadline. Received the card after 12/1. Charges posted as Million Miler Miles. 52,000 miles left to 2 million
Same here. I'm wondering if there's a distinction between those of us upgraded an existing card and those who simply applied for the card after 12/1.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 4:02 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Admirals Club access - details

For those of you who are Admirals Club® members, I have verified some details with Admirals Club® (they returned my e-mail with a telephone call today), as follows (and paraphrased, not verbatim):

1) The Admirals Club® logo on the back of the card is your proof of membership; you have all the normal AC member privileges. (As TheDudeAbides says below, the card is linked to your AAdvantage number - a quick lookup of that will show your status.)

2) The Club membership validity is the same as the card validity (shown on the front).

3) Access as permitted at clubs with reciprocity agreements, such as the JL Sakura Lounge at Frankfurt, AS Board Rooms in Seattle, Portland and Anchorage, AY Finnair Lounge in Helsinki, MA Malév and Millennium Lounges in Budapest, IT Kingfisher Lounge in Delhi, KA Dragonair / Cathay Lounges at Beijing and Shanghai - as long as you are flying on AA the same day. See here for details. Also admission to International Qantas Clubs - "30 international lounges operated by oneworld partner, Qantas (must be traveling on Qantas operated flight for access to Qantas lounges); see here for details.

I have been assured all corresponding / reciprocal lounges have been given the information - there should be an illustrated guide that includes the Citi ExecutiveSM / AAdvantage® World EliteTM MasterCard® so you show it and required documents; if you have trouble and meet all the requirements listed here and in the referred pages, ask to speak with a supervisor.

And Pucnit below also says they will reissue cards - perhaps the Club logo will be more visible.

Last edited by JDiver; Jan 17, 2012 at 4:34 pm Reason: add
Old Jan 17, 2012, 4:11 pm

Programs: AA Bonsai EXP (2.9 MM), AS MVPG
Originally Posted by JDiver
For those of you who are Admirals Club® members, I have verified some details with Admirals Club...1) The Admirals Club® logo on the back of the card is your proof of membership; you have all the normal AC member privileges.
Thanks for these details JDiver. I'll just add that they now have the Citi Executive/World Elite MasterCard AC membership information linked to one's AAdvantage number. At this point, I only provide my EXP card for admittance, which works every time. I asked one of the LAX AAngels about it last week and she confirmed that my EXP card brought up info on her computer verifying that I was an AC member via "premium credit card".

So, for practical purposes, when traveling domestically, membership via the Black Card is just like it always used to be: present your ID and AAdvantage card for admittance to the club.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 4:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, EBS GLD, A|Club PLT, CC Silver, HH GLD
For those of you who are Admirals Club® members, I have verified some details with Admirals Club® (they returned my e-mail with a telephone call today), as follows (and paraphrased, not verbatim):

1) The Admirals Club® logo on the back of the card is your proof of membership; you have all the normal AC member privileges.

2) The Club membership validity is the same as the card validity (shown on the front).

3) Access as permitted at clubs with reciprocity agreements, such as the JL Sakura Lounge at Frankfurt, AS Board Rooms in Seattle, Portland and Anchorage, AY Finnair Lounge in Helsinki, MA Malév and Millennium Lounges in Budapest, IT Kingfisher Lounge in Delhi, KA Dragonair / Cathay Lounges at Beijing and Shanghai - as long as you are flying on AA the same day. See here for details. Also admission to International Qantas Clubs - "30 international lounges operated by oneworld partner, Qantas (must be traveling on Qantas operated flight for access to Qantas lounges); see here for details.

I have been assured all corresponding / reciprocal lounges have been given the information - there should be an illustrated guide that includes the Citi ExecutiveSM / AAdvantage® World EliteTM MasterCard® so you show it and required documents; if you have trouble and meet all the requirements listed here and in the referred pages, ask to speak with a supervisor.
I spoke with a WE MC supervisor this weekend and they are working on another card design that has the AC logo and the chip on it and will re-issue cards to us again.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 4:28 pm

Good deal - if it's on the front. But for those of us who do not look carefully at both sides, the cards already have the logo on the reverse . The chip will be of use in Europe and other places with chip-and-pin cards, and I am looking forward to getting the new card. Thanks for passing this on!

Originally Posted by Pucnit
I spoke with a WE MC supervisor this weekend and they are working on another card design that has the AC logo and the chip on it and will re-issue cards to us again.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 4:32 pm

You're quite welcome. I hate carrying gobs of cards, so I am like you.

Some of the questions I think I have seen here are more about reciprocity agreements (e.g. Qantas Club - we must be flying Qantas to take advantage), but a Qantas Club or Sakura Lounge employee (the one at FRA last week was kind of dour) might chose to deny us, and we can turn the card over and show them the logo.

All privileges, including guesting, are indeed included; it's a regular membership bundled with the credit card, unlike say an AMEX Platinum card. (I know, it is repetitive of me - but I want to make sure other members reading here get the full impact.)

Cheers!

Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides
Thanks for these details JDiver. I'll just add that they now have the Citi Executive/World Elite MasterCard AC membership information linked to one's AAdvantage number. At this point, I only provide my EXP card for admittance, which works every time. I asked one of the LAX AAngels about it last week and she confirmed that my EXP card brought up info on her computer verifying that I was an AC member via "premium credit card".

So, for practical purposes, when traveling domestically, membership via the Black Card is just like it always used to be: present your ID and AAdvantage card for admittance to the club.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 4:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Ritz
Same here. I'm wondering if there's a distinction between those of us upgraded an existing card and those who simply applied for the card after 12/1.
The card had to be converted by 12/1 and be in good standing for the purchases to count against the MM program. You didn't have to have the card in your physical possession though, it could have been in transit..
Old Jan 17, 2012, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Good deal - if it's on the front. But for those of us who do not look carefully at both sides, the cards already have the logo on the reverse . The chip will be of use in Europe and other places with chip-and-pin cards, and I am looking forward to getting the new card. Thanks for passing this on!
My chip cards (they sent me two) have no AC logo, front or back. Could it be because I'm not the primary?
Old Jan 17, 2012, 5:25 pm

Programs: AA PLT (2MM), BA Bronze, SPG LT Gold
My chip cards (they sent me two) have no AC logo, front or back. Could it be because I'm not the primary?
I'm primary on mine and my chipped cards (they sent me two, too) do not have the logo. However, they did call me last Friday night to tell me that I'll be getting replacements containing the AC logo on or about January 23.

Oh, and I did get verbal confirmation that the replacement cards will be chipped as well.

Last edited by bassque; Jan 17, 2012 at 5:25 pm Reason: forgot to mention ac logo
Old Jan 17, 2012, 6:27 pm

Programs: A few
that would be my guess. only primary has ac access as i understand
Old Jan 17, 2012, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
The card had to be converted by 12/1 and be in good standing for the purchases to count against the MM program. You didn't have to have the card in your physical possession though, it could have been in transit..
You missed my point. Some folks didn't upgrade, they simply applied and got the card without having any prior history with the CitiAdvantage program. And those folks seem to reporting some differences than those that have upgraded an existing account.

BTW, my account wasn't "converted" until 12/10 - and all miles have counted toward MM status since.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.