Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Archive: AA Citibank Executive / AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard (& MM poll)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: If AA Citi Exec MC purchases no longer count toward Million Miler status after 2012:
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will definitely keep my card - other benefits worth it
7.45%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will probably keep my card
6.83%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I'm not sure yet if I will keep or cancel my card
14.29%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will probably cancel my card
16.15%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will definitely cancel my card - other benefits not worth it
28.57%
Obtained card after Nov 30, 2011: I'm already ineligible for this benefit anyways
4.97%
I'm not a cardholder: I would enroll if this benefit were offered for new cardholders
13.66%
I'm not a cardholder: I would not enroll even if this benefit were offered for new cardholders
1.86%
I'm not a cardholder: I just want to see the poll results
6.21%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Archive: AA Citibank Executive / AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard (& MM poll)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2012, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HighPotter
I thought it was being sent out to all elites? From my vague recollection of it, it seemed to be a thank you type letter for 2011.

HP
My wife (cardholder) is not elite, and did not get one.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 8:36 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by HighPotter
I thought it was being sent out to all elites? From my vague recollection of it, it seemed to be a thank you type letter for 2011.

HP
So this may not be a promotion for World Elite cardholders, just certain AA elites?
Old Jan 4, 2012, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by JohnDCA
So this may not be a promotion for World Elite cardholders, just certain AA elites?
just a datapoint -- the one person in my family who received the 2 for 1 business class (I inventory) ticket is a PLT flyer and primary cardholder of the AA Citi Exec. World Elite MC.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 10:14 am

Programs: AA EXP; HH Diamond
I deleted several emails from AA with subjects like "Thank you...2011", without reading them....
Old Jan 4, 2012, 10:41 am

Programs: 2MM by 2013 AA
Last year I received the free companion letter, didn't use it, it was less expensive buying 2 tickets,so I didn't make sense. This year I received a nice thank you letter, with 1 day pass to any AC, ( unfortunately, I'm a member) and the letter stated that I will be receiving 5k thank you bonus miles, I actually got the miles 2 weeks before the letter.

I was not sure why I received them, but it said:CITI/AADV THANK YOU BONUS 0 5,000.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 1:20 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Will keep you posted...

Originally Posted by dcaem
Well I did the convertion in Oct 20th, received the cards in December 6th (had to wait the 45 days). My billing cycle closed in December 15 earn over 50k miles none as posted, call complained, they say to wait until my next billing cycle, I'm a little upset, but they assure me that the miles will count torch million miller, it better because this is the only reason that I got this CC.

The only explanation I got from CS @ citi, was that they need to verify my FF # with AA.

Please keep me updated, on how yours turn out.
Finally received the card today. Using it tonight. Also, the balance from the converted card trasferred over so I'm wondering if I will get million miler miles for those.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 2:37 pm

Programs: AA MMile Gold
companion cert

I received the companion certificate for business class.
I have the World Elite card - but not elite status
My wife is AA gold (without Elite card) and DID NOT receive certificate
Old Jan 4, 2012, 2:54 pm

Programs: 2MM by 2013 AA
Originally Posted by AA4LIFE
Finally received the card today. Using it tonight. Also, the balance from the converted card trasferred over so I'm wondering if I will get million miler miles for those.
Hopefully they will, my billing cycle closes on the 12 this month so my miles should be posting by monday 16 the latest, I'll let you know then.....

I also hope they give me the 10k EQM as soon as they posted, if your billing cycle closes before mine let me know if they post or not.

So we have the same goal, 2MM with AA, I'm doing 40k BIS in january.... i must be going crazy....
Old Jan 4, 2012, 3:35 pm

Citi AAdvantage Executive card - no bag fee waiver if booked before card issue date?

So I got this card in early Dec. was give AA gold status to get the benefits. Showed up to airport for AA flight to learn that gold status was removed and benefits could not be used. They now tell me that card benefits can't used on a trip booked before getting herbs card. Issue is that this wording is not in writing and Citi acknowledges its not in writing. They do acknowledge that the travel does not have to be booked on the card.

This leaves me with a trip I am currently on and 2 more trips coming up that we booked prior to getting this card that I have no Gold benefits for. I have though already paid the 450 fee.

Any thought?
Old Jan 4, 2012, 3:42 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
I don't have the card so I'm not aware of what the policy is regarding existing reservations, but I believe the card only gives PriorityAAccess (which is priority check-in, security screening lane and boarding), and not AAdvantage Gold status? The main differences being access to Preferred seats, 500 mile per segment minimum, 25% mileage bonus on flown miles, and upgrade eligibility.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 3:45 pm

I don't care about the status. I got the card for the free bags. TSA lines and priority boarding. They did not honor any of those things at the airport last week.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 3:45 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Just to add-- it may be that after getting the card, your AAdvantage account is now somehow coded to allow for PriorityAAcess. Perhaps "refreshing" your AAdvantage account number on existing reservations will update the reservations to allow for PriorityAAccess?
Old Jan 4, 2012, 3:49 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Moving to AAdvantage forum because question pertains to travel benefits provided by AA.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by dw
Just to add-- it may be that after getting the card, your AAdvantage account is now somehow coded to allow for PriorityAAcess. Perhaps "refreshing" your AAdvantage account number on existing reservations will update the reservations to allow for PriorityAAccess?
How would one do this?
Old Jan 4, 2012, 6:29 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro (2MM), HH DIA, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by dcaem
Hopefully they will, my billing cycle closes on the 12 this month so my miles should be posting by monday 16 the latest, I'll let you know then.....

I also hope they give me the 10k EQM as soon as they posted, if your billing cycle closes before mine let me know if they post or not.

So we have the same goal, 2MM with AA, I'm doing 40k BIS in january.... i must be going crazy....

I was told by CS that the 10EQM will post 6-8 weeks after the date you pass the $40k spend threshold. It is not tied to your cycle end. Mine posted right at 7 weeks after the date that I passed the $40k spend.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.