Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Archive: AA Citibank Executive / AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard (& MM poll)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: If AA Citi Exec MC purchases no longer count toward Million Miler status after 2012:
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will definitely keep my card - other benefits worth it
7.45%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will probably keep my card
6.83%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I'm not sure yet if I will keep or cancel my card
14.29%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will probably cancel my card
16.15%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will definitely cancel my card - other benefits not worth it
28.57%
Obtained card after Nov 30, 2011: I'm already ineligible for this benefit anyways
4.97%
I'm not a cardholder: I would enroll if this benefit were offered for new cardholders
13.66%
I'm not a cardholder: I would not enroll even if this benefit were offered for new cardholders
1.86%
I'm not a cardholder: I just want to see the poll results
6.21%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Archive: AA Citibank Executive / AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard (& MM poll)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2012, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MichaelColey
That's one upside, but there are others for some...

1) The semi-Gold status for those who don't have AA status.
2) 10k EQM for those who could use it and who spend $40k/year.
3) Miles that count towards lifetime status for those who signed up before 12/1.

There are probably others, too, but those are the ones that come to mind.
I'll add what may be obvious but hasn't been mentioned: the ability to earn AA miles. While the Amex Platinum can transfer to several airlines 1:1, AA is not one of them.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 11:59 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, Marriott Silver & Admiral's Club
Sweet, evidently my 25K bonus miles counted towards my MM status. Awesome.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 2:52 pm

Programs: American Airlines
If you signed up before 12/1, then all miles used on this card would count for lifetime miles? Even if earned after 12/1? If so, looks like i missed out
Old Feb 1, 2012, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by jb85
If you signed up before 12/1, then all miles used on this card would count for lifetime miles? Even if earned after 12/1? If so, looks like i missed out
Yes, until 12/2012.....hopefully longer. IF not, I likely won't be renewing my membership.

--wes
Old Feb 1, 2012, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by wesmanz
Yes, until 12/2012.....hopefully longer. IF not, I likely won't be renewing my membership.
How long after 1 year can you cancel and get a refund of your annual fee?
Old Feb 1, 2012, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by nall
How long after 1 year can you cancel and get a refund of your annual fee?
no idea, what I intend to do is see if this benefit is extended, if it is not, i will not be keeping the card past 12/1.

My annual fee is due in Oct, I will ask that it is refunded if I do cancel.

--wes
Old Feb 1, 2012, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM (LT-PLT, PPro for this year)
I'm undecided on renewing if not; AC membership is a little cheaper on its own as PLT, but I'm kinda marginal on having enough spend to get the EQM (which might make it worth it) and on the cash value of the saved ForEx fees (which last year would have made up for a lot, had I had the card already, but most years not so much.)
Old Feb 1, 2012, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

no idea, what I intend to do is see if this benefit is extended, if it is not, i will not be keeping the card past 12/1.

My annual fee is due in Oct, I will ask that it is refunded if I do cancel.

--wes
I do use my (wife's) card for my business, so I could rack up additional millions over the years, but I'm basically just using it to finish her off at LT Gold, and then I'll cancel - and hopefully get at least a pro-rated refund on the annual fee.

If you plan to keep it to hit additional millions for the SWUs, you should at least consider what I plan to do, which is to move my spend to a biz SPG card. That way, while you lose the SWU advantage, you get 1.25 AA miles per dollar charged.

To sum it up, after $1M charged:

With AA Exec: 1M AA miles, plus 4 SWUs

With SPG Amex: 1.25 M AA miles (or 1 M SPG points, which are pretty flexible)

I think the latter option is the clear winner.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 11:51 pm

Programs: AAPLT, SK/G, A3/G
This thread is awesome. I only had to go back and read 10 pages and got all my questions answered!^

- AAdvantage account: -25K miles in my bonus column, +25K miles in my mileage column. Checked and my Million Miler miles is indeed 25k richer

- Had some confused Citi agents, but got a new world elite card ordered with the chip, AC logo, and AAdvantage # printed on the card. Verified it is chip-n-sign, not chip-n-PIN.

- Got my old Citi AAdvantage gold card ordered with a EMV chip as well.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 11:51 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MichaelColey
That's one upside, but there are others for some...

1) The semi-Gold status for those who don't have AA status.
2) 10k EQM for those who could use it and who spend $40k/year.
3) Miles that count towards lifetime status for those who signed up before 12/1.

There are probably others, too, but those are the ones that come to mind.
MC is accepted at way more locations than AMEX, especially overseas, so if you travel a lot, the Citi AA Executive MC might work out better for you than the PLAT AMEX.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 4:38 pm

Programs: 1MM AA - finally
Originally Posted by shima
Sweet, evidently my 25K bonus miles counted towards my MM status. Awesome.

Mine did too. Just noticed it on my AA account. The posted 25K miles and took them right back out, but my MM balance went up.

I did spend waaaaaay more than the minimum by 12/1 and due to a snafu my closing date was pushed back to mid-December, so this was a pleasant surprise.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 7:55 pm

Programs: AA 2MM EXP, UA 1K, DL Silver
Originally Posted by josephstern
Has anyone use the 2 for 1 certificate with this card?

Full terms are here:

http://www.aa.com/content/images/eSu...112_legal.html
Originally Posted by josephstern
So I'm assuming she gets that with her existing card, but I could be wrong.
I saw the terms and conditions that you posted, but didn't see this when I signed up (way back in 2011). I certainly have had the card for more than 8-10 weeks. Is this applicable to everyone? think I'll call Citi and ask for it!
Old Feb 2, 2012, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mdavies
I saw the terms and conditions that you posted, but didn't see this when I signed up (way back in 2011). I certainly have had the card for more than 8-10 weeks. Is this applicable to everyone? think I'll call Citi and ask for it!
It may be a new feature for opening an account now, since if you open an account now, you lose the ability to accumulate Million Miler miles.

Please tell us what they say.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 8:11 pm

Programs: AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
I'd greatly appreciate all of your help in figuring out if this card is right for me. I currently have Gold status (just eeked out 26k miles last year) but my husband does not. Since I barely made it, it's a toss up if I'll fly enough this year though the 25% bonus for Gold status will certainly help. I do not currently have AC membership.

We will easily spend the $40k needed to get the extra bonus miles each year and exclusively fly American Airlines. I'm still debating if the Citi Executive makes sense for me since I already get some of the benefits with my Gold status already but I do love the idea of having AC access and elite qualifying miles. We currently use the AA Citi Business card with $75 annual fee.

What do you think? Thanks in advance!
Old Feb 3, 2012, 9:23 pm

Programs: 2MM by 2013 AA
10k EQM BONUS FROM CITI EXECUTIVE

Has anyone received their 10EQM bonus from the new citi executive credit card?

See there is always a promotion, and they always tell you in the small print it will take 6 to 8 weeks to post, for the DEQM or for whatever promotion they got running, but at the end it takes 10 days or less and the promotion gets post it, at least this has always been my case.

Well always exept this time, I spen more than the 40k between December and January, my bill closed on January 13, and 4 days later the miles post the account, with January 13 on them, well I wait it for 18 days, and called yesterday, see this 10k will make me EXP, they say it will take the full 8 weeks for them to post, it's this true????? I'm upset I want to take more trips but I want to have access to my free upgrades, I don't want to use or buy stickers, specially after all the flying I did in January.

Most of my travel it's pleasure, so I guess I will not be flying until they make me EXP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.