Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Archive: AA Citibank Executive / AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard (& MM poll)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: If AA Citi Exec MC purchases no longer count toward Million Miler status after 2012:
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will definitely keep my card - other benefits worth it
7.45%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will probably keep my card
6.83%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I'm not sure yet if I will keep or cancel my card
14.29%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will probably cancel my card
16.15%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will definitely cancel my card - other benefits not worth it
28.57%
Obtained card after Nov 30, 2011: I'm already ineligible for this benefit anyways
4.97%
I'm not a cardholder: I would enroll if this benefit were offered for new cardholders
13.66%
I'm not a cardholder: I would not enroll even if this benefit were offered for new cardholders
1.86%
I'm not a cardholder: I just want to see the poll results
6.21%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Archive: AA Citibank Executive / AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard (& MM poll)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2012, 7:53 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold, Starwood Gold, Hertz Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Plat., BFD
Originally Posted by oldvolvo
I had the same experience. Got and activated the card in November but the bonus miles posted in Dec. When I called customer service, I got the same response. The bonus miles will be added back in and be included in million miler miles. I will monitor it to be sure that happens but it appears we both got essentially the same explanation.
+1. $1000.00+ charged in Nov.

The extra 25K MM miles would get me LT Gold. LT Plat is not looking promising with the new BIS policy unless they extend the counting of miles from this card toward MM status past December.

AAmlgm8r
Old Jan 27, 2012, 1:15 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Delta Platinum, HH Silver, Hertz PC, National ExEl
Originally Posted by oldvolvo
I had the same experience. Got and activated the card in November but the bonus miles posted in Dec. When I called customer service, I got the same response. The bonus miles will be added back in and be included in million miler miles. I will monitor it to be sure that happens but it appears we both got essentially the same explanation.
I checked my account, as well, and noticed following:

My 25000 Bonus miles posted 12/6 but did not count towards MM then.
This is shown on the January statement covering December postings.

They 25K Bonus miles were posted a second time in the current period (future February statement) with the same posting date 12/6. Now they are counted towards the MM. But to avoid double posting to the overall mile balance, i.e. 50K total, the balance shows+25K and -25K miles. A bit confusing.

In essence the overall mile balance did not change, however the MM balance jumped by 25K due to post and take back in January.

I am glad Citibank honored what I was promised by the Kentucky rep, namely, even if Bonus miles post after 12/1, they still would count towards MM.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 6:53 am

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by Artur
I checked my account, as well, and noticed following:

My 25000 Bonus miles posted 12/6 but did not count towards MM then.
This is shown on the January statement covering December postings.

They 25K Bonus miles were posted a second time in the current period (future February statement) with the same posting date 12/6. Now they are counted towards the MM. But to avoid double posting to the overall mile balance, i.e. 50K total, the balance shows+25K and -25K miles. A bit confusing.

In essence the overall mile balance did not change, however the MM balance jumped by 25K due to post and take back in January.

I am glad Citibank honored what I was promised by the Kentucky rep, namely, even if Bonus miles post after 12/1, they still would count towards MM.

To confirm, I had the same thing occur for me. The reposting contained the same date as the original, yet counted in the MM balance this time around. I did not make a special request for this to occur.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 6:57 am
COU

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Gold
Same here.

Saw a -25,000 yesterday and a repost of 25,000 today with credit toward million miler status.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 8:50 am

Programs: AA EXP; HH Diamond
Got the 25K reposted as MM miles.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Has anyone use the 2 for 1 certificate with this card?

I read the terms:

Travel must be booked and purchased in any D fare class booked in I inventory.
Full terms are here:

http://www.aa.com/content/images/eSu...112_legal.html

I'm looking at a flight that says:

Booking Code : I
but other fares on that flight are Code D. Anyone know which one I would need?
Old Jan 27, 2012, 10:46 am

Did you get the certificate through email or regular mail? Thanks.

Originally Posted by josephstern
Has anyone use the 2 for 1 certificate with this card?

I read the terms:

Full terms are here:

http://www.aa.com/content/images/eSu...112_legal.html

I'm looking at a flight that says:

but other fares on that flight are Code D. Anyone know which one I would need?
Old Jan 27, 2012, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SanAngeles
Did you get the certificate through email or regular mail? Thanks.
Actually, neither. My wife has the card, but I got an email offering it to me, and it had this info:

Earn Two International Business Tickets for the Price of One
Special limited time offer:
Enjoy international round trip business class travel for two for the price of one!1 Purchase a qualifying international business class ticket for yourself to select American Airlines destinations, and use a certificate to bring along a companion.
So I'm assuming she gets that with her existing card, but I could be wrong.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 11:17 am

Thanks a lot. I must have deleted mine without opening it. Oh well.

Originally Posted by josephstern
Actually, neither. My wife has the card, but I got an email offering it to me, and it had this info:

So I'm assuming she gets that with her existing card, but I could be wrong.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 5:05 pm

Programs: AA PLT, 1MM, Global Entry, UA GLD, TSA PRE
So you're saying that if you were approved for the card before 12/1, they should honor the 25k bonus even if they posted afterwards, no matter the time period? My 25k didn't post until first week of January, but I was approved for the card before 12/1.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 10:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.6MM
Got my 25k miles posted toward the MM program. Kudos to Citi.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 1:11 am

Programs: AA Plat; Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, BestW Plat
Originally Posted by iqbalt80
Did anyone open the account after Dec 1st, 2011 and see the credit card miles count towards the MM status?
Curious about this as well!
Old Jan 28, 2012, 2:52 am

Programs: AA 2 Million Miler
Originally Posted by themagicman00
Got my 25k miles posted toward the MM program. Kudos to Citi.
Same here. Nice move. Incidentally, I spent about 30 minutes on the phone with Citi and AA about two weeks ago and was read the riot act. Thankfully they came to their senses.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 9:50 am

Programs: AA since 1988 (ex-elite status); Alaska; Hilton Diamond
Comparison to Amex Plat?

Hello all you New Citi Exec card users. Question for you:

Can anyone give me a succinct comparison with the Amex Plat card??

Currently I have the normal Citi AAdv Gold. I also have no AA status (don't ask!). After talking to Citi CS today it seems like this card would essentially provide me with perks of Gold (priority board/security/free bag) plus AC access. Add it all up and - if I stick with AA - that sounds worthwhile for a non-status flyer.

But many people here have mentioned (espec 1st few pages) that Amex Plat is cheaper with AC benefit and some others.

So, can anyone help with a direct comparison? Thanks!

Last edited by bostonoski; Jan 28, 2012 at 9:51 am Reason: typos
Old Jan 28, 2012, 10:04 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
AC members may have access to AC when they are not flying on AA, or even when not flying at all (gate passes), plus more guests, and reciprocal access with Qantas Club, and extended access at some other lounges.

AMEX has agreements with some other airlines for lounge access when you are flying with that particular airline - that benefit faded for me when CO dropped the program (I assumre UACO consolidated their lounges). AMEX is accepted by fewer merchants worldiwde because of higher fees than MC or VISA.

It used to be AMEX holders did not get courtesy WiFi and booze, but now all comers get bottom shelf hooch and WiFi, so that no longer applies.

One of the better bits of the new Citi Executive is - no forex fees. I believe Citi AA members get special awards offers as well.

Originally Posted by bostonoski
Hello all you New Citi Exec card users. Question for you:

Can anyone give me a succinct comparison with the Amex Plat card??

Currently I have the normal Citi AAdv Gold. I also have no AA status (don't ask!). After talking to Citi CS today it seems like this card would essentially provide me with perks of Gold (priority board/security/free bag) plus AC access. Add it all up and - if I stick with AA - that sounds worthwhile for a non-status flyer.

But many people here have mentioned (espec 1st few pages) that Amex Plat is cheaper with AC benefit and some others.

So, can anyone help with a direct comparison? Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.