Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Archive: AA Citibank Executive / AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard (& MM poll)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: If AA Citi Exec MC purchases no longer count toward Million Miler status after 2012:
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will definitely keep my card - other benefits worth it
7.45%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will probably keep my card
6.83%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I'm not sure yet if I will keep or cancel my card
14.29%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will probably cancel my card
16.15%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will definitely cancel my card - other benefits not worth it
28.57%
Obtained card after Nov 30, 2011: I'm already ineligible for this benefit anyways
4.97%
I'm not a cardholder: I would enroll if this benefit were offered for new cardholders
13.66%
I'm not a cardholder: I would not enroll even if this benefit were offered for new cardholders
1.86%
I'm not a cardholder: I just want to see the poll results
6.21%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Archive: AA Citibank Executive / AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard (& MM poll)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2012, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by abk
I was back in the office today and checked my bills and saw they are charging me $25 for an extra card so I called them. They explained that you live with the rules as of the time you sign up and I pay $75 and then $25 for the first two extra cards as opposed to $100. That makes it a push for me.
Are you guys talking about the AA World Exec Mastercard that is the focus of this thread? These links indicate otherwise, and extra cards are definitely free for the card this threads reports about.

So if this is about a business Visa, can you move that discussion somewhere appropriate please?
Old Jan 11, 2012, 5:20 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Rewards Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
What reporting agency does Citi use when evaluating your credit worthiness for this card?
Old Jan 11, 2012, 11:31 am

Programs: AA Plat
Citi Executive $450 Fee & 25K Bonus Don't count for MMM?

The AA Citi Executive card $450 yearly Fee & 25K Bonus Don't count for Million Miler Miles?

Is there a workaround? Sure would like these miles. The customer service "Adjustment" counts, that's good.

Also, has anyone else noticed how super friendly and genuine the gate people are at LAX?

From our experience, even when over taxed, they keep cool, friendly and relaxed.

Not too much traveling domestic, but ORD and HNL gate people seem quite surly in comparison.

Last edited by zztraveler; Jan 11, 2012 at 11:41 am Reason: Unclear card
Old Jan 11, 2012, 11:36 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
in general, cc yearly fees don't get mi.....the bonus mi are rdm normally.....rdm no longer count for mm on aa....there is a thread on this card either here or in mi buzz...

Last edited by clacko; Jan 11, 2012 at 11:44 am
Old Jan 11, 2012, 12:10 pm

Here's another question:

We know if I purchase AA miles with the AA Citi Executive card, The miles purchased will not count towards MMM but the purchase price will.

Is it true that the AAmiles accrued from the purchase price will be doubled and all the miles will count towards the MMM?
Old Jan 11, 2012, 12:19 pm

FYI.

We had a AA Citi Gold since 1992 and a AA AmEx for a couple of years, but we were awarded the 25K purchase bonus for the Citi Executive card on our first billing cycle.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by zztraveler
Here's another question:

We know if I purchase AA miles with the AA Citi Executive card, The miles purchased will not count towards MMM but the purchase price will.

Is it true that the AAmiles accrued from the purchase price will be doubled and all the miles will count towards the MMM?
Double miles from AA purchases have not counted towards MM, at least for me.

Also, I don't think purchases for miles are eligible, anyway.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 1:11 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro (2MM), HH DIA, IHG PLT
Purchased miles don't qualify for MM or elite status. If I recall, the T&C for this card (posted early on in this thread) state that the card has to be open and in good standing by 12/1 for the miles to qualify for MM.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 3:05 pm

Does the Aadvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard have the chip and does it say "World Elite" on the front or back of the card. Also can you get a companion Amex Card like with the regular Aadvantage cards.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 3:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by SteveT
Does the Aadvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard have the chip and does it say "World Elite" on the front or back of the card. Also can you get a companion Amex Card like with the regular Aadvantage cards.
Citi/AA Executive World Elite MC as well as the regular Citi/AA World Elite MC now has the option of EMV (Citi calls the "Global chips") on a per request basis which can be handled over the phone. They usually say "World Elite" on the front of the card.

I don't think companion AMEX cards are available for the Executive card.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 3:48 pm

Programs: AA SPG Amex
Originally Posted by Maui Time
Purchased miles don't qualify for MM or elite status. If I recall, the T&C for this card (posted early on in this thread) state that the card has to be open and in good standing by 12/1 for the miles to qualify for MM.
If you had the World Elite as of 12/1 and subsequently upgraded, what would be the impact on miles counting towards MM?
Old Jan 11, 2012, 7:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by rich728
What reporting agency does Citi use when evaluating your credit worthiness for this card?
Experian
Old Jan 11, 2012, 8:10 pm

Programs: American Airlines EXP 1.99 MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, IHG Plat Ambassador, UA 1K
Originally Posted by george 3
Experian
For all of my Citi apps, including this one it has been Equifax for past two years in NY.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 10:55 pm

Programs: AA Bonsai EXP (2.9 MM), AS MVPG
Originally Posted by SteveT
Also can you get a companion Amex Card like with the regular Aadvantage cards.
Originally Posted by kebosabi
I don't think companion AMEX cards are available for the Executive card.
I have a companion Citi Amex with my World Elite Executive MC, and with no fee on the Amex as long as the MC stays open: same as with the garden variety (Platinum?) Citi AAdvantage MC that I had before switching to the black card. I specifically asked Citi about this and it was no problem.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 7:43 am

Programs: (PM)AA SPG (Marriott), Hilton
Originally Posted by rich728
It may vary: Some crowd-sourced information can be found here:
http://creditboards.com/forums/index...om=creditpulls

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.