Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Archive: AA Citibank Executive / AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard (& MM poll)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: If AA Citi Exec MC purchases no longer count toward Million Miler status after 2012:
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will definitely keep my card - other benefits worth it
7.45%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will probably keep my card
6.83%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I'm not sure yet if I will keep or cancel my card
14.29%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will probably cancel my card
16.15%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will definitely cancel my card - other benefits not worth it
28.57%
Obtained card after Nov 30, 2011: I'm already ineligible for this benefit anyways
4.97%
I'm not a cardholder: I would enroll if this benefit were offered for new cardholders
13.66%
I'm not a cardholder: I would not enroll even if this benefit were offered for new cardholders
1.86%
I'm not a cardholder: I just want to see the poll results
6.21%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Archive: AA Citibank Executive / AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard (& MM poll)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2011, 12:11 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by shadesofgrey1x
Good plan I was refused entry in the Mia ac because of the
Missing logo
The Citi Ex Elite CSR told me to just buy a day pass and I would be reimbursed. I did order the new card with the chip, hopefully it'll be here before my trip next week??
Old Dec 31, 2011, 12:14 pm

Programs: Citibank AAdvantage Executive CCard
Originally Posted by Jimmy28
Does it actually say anything on your AA.com account page now after calling in? If so where?
My Gold status icon is no longer there.
There is nothing on the AA webpage to indicate I have the Executive card/benefits.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 6:43 pm

Programs: AA EP/4MM, DL GM/1MM, HH ♦, Bonvoy LT PLT, Hyatt Globalist, AMEX Bus Plt
Originally Posted by elkhornne
I've been trying since early November to get a credit transfer from an unused Citi Card to the new AA Citi Exec Elite. I have a fraud alert and keep getting the run around at Citi that the alert is preventing them from completing the transfer of credit from one card to the other. Usually this is a simple request, for some reason I can't get it done. It seems to be Citi only. When I applied for the upgrade back in May Citi accessed my credit and approved the card immediately. Recently I debated on financing a car or paying cash. I choose to pay cash, but the financing place ran my credit with no problem. Any suggestions? Or is there a Citi Rep that monitors this site? Thanks in advance.
In October I was able to transfer credit from one pre-existing citi card to this AA Citi Exec Elite. A couple of days ago I tried another and now have $46K limit after a message left on my phone. Thinking I could put a big dent in that 5MM lifetime over the next year. Thought 4MM would be it.
Old Jan 1, 2012, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by texmanufan
In October I was able to transfer credit from one pre-existing citi card to this AA Citi Exec Elite. A couple of days ago I tried another and now have $46K limit after a message left on my phone. Thinking I could put a big dent in that 5MM lifetime over the next year. Thought 4MM would be it.
hmm.. I thought citi doesn't allow CC limit transfer anymore. Which phone number did you call? Thanks.
Old Jan 1, 2012, 2:56 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by yoyo
hmm.. I thought citi doesn't allow CC limit transfer anymore. Which phone number did you call? Thanks.
Use the # on the back of the card. My fraud alert keeps causing a problem for Citi. I guess they've not heard of one before. They can't seem to work around it.
Old Jan 1, 2012, 3:31 pm

Programs: AA EP/4MM, DL GM/1MM, HH ♦, Bonvoy LT PLT, Hyatt Globalist, AMEX Bus Plt
Originally Posted by yoyo
Yes, the # on the back of the card. I wasn't allowed to transfer all of the credit limit, so did all but 1K from transferring card.
Old Jan 1, 2012, 3:48 pm

Talked to AC rep at central office. He said the absolutely the Mia AC was wrong and he would contact the Mia AC manager. Got a call and aplogies from the Mia manager on Friday. He said that his staff was wrong and he would re-educate them on the AC policy with Citi card.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 12:53 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro (2MM), HH DIA, IHG PLT
AC spousal membership w/ Executive Elite card

Probably common knowledge but if not, a new data point:

Since my wife and I travel with others on a fairly regular basis we purchased a spousal membership for her last year so that we could get our traveling companions in the club. I got the Executive/Elite card several months ago and my membership was converted to the membership that comes with the card. A call to AC today to see if her membership could be renewed as a spousal and the answer was no. All memberships that were converted to the card will no longer be able to have a spousal membership. We will have to pay full price for the membership. I failed to ask but suspect that since she is GLD there will be a discount.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by Maui Time
I failed to ask but suspect that since she is GLD there will be a discount.
There is a tiered discount, depending on elite level - but that's still no excuse for AA not to disclose this inconsistency prior to you getting the card. While some will say the blame lies with Citi here, its quite obvious to anyone who has even a rudamentary knowledge of what changes have taken place in the last couple of months that AA is pulling the strings on this card "product".
Old Jan 4, 2012, 3:57 am

Programs: AA PLT 2.7 MM, DL GLD, UA Prem, BW Diamond, PC PLT, HH Diamond
I just got the exec card with the emv chip oddly it is working in all the chip and pin kiosks in the Netherlands , despite being told that it is chip and sign. I have been selecting credit and using my regular pin. I have been monitoring the transaction on the citi site and they are posting as credit correctly. Odd but a pleasant surprise.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 4:05 am

Programs: AAdv GLD(MM), QF LTS, UA MP_nada, HH Gld, SPG, GoldenCircle Jade
I just got the exec card with the emv chip oddly it is working in all the chip and pin kiosks in the Netherlands , despite being told that it is chip and sign. I have been selecting credit and using my regular pin. I have been monitoring the transaction on the citi site and they are posting as credit correctly. Odd but a pleasant surprise.
BE careful - our last trip the only place we used our Citi Aadv card (gold) was some ATMs in Amsterdam. After returning, all of a sudden we got some fraudulent charges on the card in France on SNCF. I can only assume the card was somehow skimmed at the ATM since we didn't use it anywher else. Charges reversed and card cancelled by Citi no problem (in fact they proactively contacted me about the fraudulent charges).
Old Jan 4, 2012, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That's great news! I'll have to call Citi and set a PIN.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 7:23 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
I Class 2 for 1

Do we think the 2 for 1 certificate was somehow targeted, or sent to all cardholders? I'm afraid I may have thrown it away...
Old Jan 4, 2012, 7:35 am

Programs: AA Plat, WN A-List, Marriot Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by JohnDCA
Do we think the 2 for 1 certificate was somehow targeted, or sent to all cardholders? I'm afraid I may have thrown it away...

I thought it was being sent out to all elites? From my vague recollection of it, it seemed to be a thank you type letter for 2011.

HP
Old Jan 4, 2012, 7:48 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K
I did not receive it so assumed it was targeted

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.