Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Archive: AA Citibank Executive / AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard (& MM poll)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: If AA Citi Exec MC purchases no longer count toward Million Miler status after 2012:
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will definitely keep my card - other benefits worth it
7.45%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will probably keep my card
6.83%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I'm not sure yet if I will keep or cancel my card
14.29%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will probably cancel my card
16.15%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will definitely cancel my card - other benefits not worth it
28.57%
Obtained card after Nov 30, 2011: I'm already ineligible for this benefit anyways
4.97%
I'm not a cardholder: I would enroll if this benefit were offered for new cardholders
13.66%
I'm not a cardholder: I would not enroll even if this benefit were offered for new cardholders
1.86%
I'm not a cardholder: I just want to see the poll results
6.21%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Archive: AA Citibank Executive / AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard (& MM poll)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2012, 6:37 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
What did they say when you called?

Note - it is a known failure that bookings made before one has status do not get updated - so if you show Gold in your AA account, and they are not recognizing the status you need to call and have the records updated. Perhaps the same applies to the Executive card?

Also note - I suspect the AA agent was incorrect, and that you should contact AA for a refund and perhaps some compensation. Check the first post of this thread for all terms and conditions, etc.

(We have merged this into the existing thread on this card. /Moderator)

Last edited by JDiver; Jan 4, 2012 at 6:49 pm Reason: change tense of final para
Old Jan 4, 2012, 6:51 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
I just read the Terms and Conditions on the AA website and it says "For benefit to apply, at the time of booking, Citi ExecutiveSM / AAdvantage® World EliteTM MasterCard® account must be open and in good standing". This applies to the enhanced airport experience and the baggage fee. Just checked Citi and the language is identical.

That is not what I expected to see and I am wondering if the original language was the same.

Last edited by abk; Jan 4, 2012 at 7:00 pm
Old Jan 5, 2012, 2:46 am

Programs: AA UA DL AS CXDM JL NH Hilton Hyatt Marriott SPG IHG
Originally Posted by abk
I just read the Terms and Conditions on the AA website and it says "For benefit to apply, at the time of booking, Citi ExecutiveSM / AAdvantage® World EliteTM MasterCard® account must be open and in good standing". This applies to the enhanced airport experience and the baggage fee. Just checked Citi and the language is identical.

That is not what I expected to see and I am wondering if the original language was the same.
Same language as I opened the account last Dec.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 8:23 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by dcaem
Hopefully they will, my billing cycle closes on the 12 this month so my miles should be posting by monday 16 the latest, I'll let you know then.....

I also hope they give me the 10k EQM as soon as they posted, if your billing cycle closes before mine let me know if they post or not.

So we have the same goal, 2MM with AA, I'm doing 40k BIS in january.... i must be going crazy....
My billing cycle ends on the 11th. Used the card for the first time last night. Now we play the waiting game.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 12:36 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
I will be flying out of Sea on Monday on Aa and was wondering if anyone has tried to access the Board Room using this card. There are supposed to be reciprocal privileges for Ac members.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 12:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I have had mixed results in the Sea board room. When I had the card with the AClogo on the back I had to explain that it was new and they let me in.

When I got the new card with the chip and no logo I was refused entry until I pulled out my AC membership card.

The ball got dropped on this one. The last instance was on the 27th of dec.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 1:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by abk
I will be flying out of Sea on Monday on Aa and was wondering if anyone has tried to access the Board Room using this card. There are supposed to be reciprocal privileges for Ac members.
Did you get a card with the AC logo on it?
Old Jan 5, 2012, 1:21 pm
abk

Originally Posted by JohnDCA
Did you get a card with the AC logo on it?
Yes. This is one of those instances where AA/Citi has out smarted themselves. You either are an AC member with a card that is recognized as such or your not. Having to explain/educate/argue should not be our problem for $450. So far, when I cross the next MM threshold which should happen before the end of my first year, I see no reason whatsoever to keep this in addition to my Amex Platinum.

Last edited by abk; Jan 5, 2012 at 2:13 pm
Old Jan 6, 2012, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by abk
Yes. This is one of those instances where AA/Citi has out smarted themselves. You either are an AC member with a card that is recognized as such or your not. Having to explain/educate/argue should not be our problem for $450. So far, when I cross the next MM threshold which should happen before the end of my first year, I see no reason whatsoever to keep this in addition to my Amex Platinum.
That's good, you should have less of a problem at the SEA Board Room. Some of the cards with chips seem to not have the logo anymore.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by Krazyglue
I got one of these two for one in I coupons.

Must be booked in I.
No -up type fares.
Must originate in the US. Ticketed at a US point of sale
Must call a special 800 number to book.

Embargo jan 1-2, feb17-20, mar9-12, 16-18,23-25 apr 6-9, may 25-28, jun 29-30, jul 6-8.

No Argentina, brazil, or chile. Does not mention MVD though!

Use by nov 1 2012.

Does the Caribbean count as international? Thinking BGI. Are the domestic legs covered under this?
Do these two for one coupons include a domestic leg in F to get to the international gateway?
Old Jan 6, 2012, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM (LT-PLT, PPro for this year)
Originally Posted by JohnDCA
Do these two for one coupons include a domestic leg in F to get to the international gateway?
I got one, but I'm not sure where I put it; on a quick scan, it looked like "yes, if you can book the domestic F in "I" inventory"
Old Jan 6, 2012, 12:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 2MM.
Quick Questions: If you have the AA Citi Business card, are the additional cards for employees free? The $75/year charge is for the entire account, not each card? Any limits on the number of employee cards the account can have?
Old Jan 6, 2012, 1:38 pm
abk

Originally Posted by kman99
Quick Questions: If you have the AA Citi Business card, are the additional cards for employees free? The $75/year charge is for the entire account, not each card? Any limits on the number of employee cards the account can have?
My recollection is that additional business cards have an annual fee but additional cards on a personal account do not. The business card gives you a separate card with a separate account number whereas the personal card gives you free additional cards with different names but the same account number. I view the latter as a bit problematic in that when one person looses the card then everyone needs a new one.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 4:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 2MM.
Did a search on their website and found this bullet point: "Receive employee cards at no additional cost – plus, earn AAdvantage® miles for purchases made on employee cards and set a unique credit limit for each employee2 "
https://creditcards.citi.com/credit-...age-visa-card/
Old Jan 6, 2012, 6:48 pm

Programs: 2MM by 2013 AA
I had called today to transfer existing credit from an old AA card to my new citi executive, they said they would pull my credit and may take 3 business days etc , etc .

I said ok, what the hell I plan on cancelling the other cards any ways, I have too many, and I'm only interested in MM for LT status. In about 2 hrs the credit limit had been transfer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.