Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Archive: AA Citibank Executive / AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard (& MM poll)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: If AA Citi Exec MC purchases no longer count toward Million Miler status after 2012:
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will definitely keep my card - other benefits worth it
7.45%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will probably keep my card
6.83%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I'm not sure yet if I will keep or cancel my card
14.29%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will probably cancel my card
16.15%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will definitely cancel my card - other benefits not worth it
28.57%
Obtained card after Nov 30, 2011: I'm already ineligible for this benefit anyways
4.97%
I'm not a cardholder: I would enroll if this benefit were offered for new cardholders
13.66%
I'm not a cardholder: I would not enroll even if this benefit were offered for new cardholders
1.86%
I'm not a cardholder: I just want to see the poll results
6.21%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Archive: AA Citibank Executive / AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard (& MM poll)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2011, 2:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I got one of these two for one in I coupons.

Must be booked in I.
No -up type fares.
Must originate in the US. Ticketed at a US point of sale
Must call a special 800 number to book.

Embargo jan 1-2, feb17-20, mar9-12, 16-18,23-25 apr 6-9, may 25-28, jun 29-30, jul 6-8.

No Argentina, brazil, or chile. Does not mention MVD though!

Use by nov 1 2012.

Does the Caribbean count as international? Thinking BGI. Are the domestic legs covered under this?
Old Dec 27, 2011, 7:57 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Cards received after 12/1

My card is supposed to be coming this week after converting one of my AA citi platinum cards. I have it confirmed from Citi and AA that this will earn million miler miles because it was converted before 12/1 but I am not 100% confident in that. Has anyone who got the card after 12/1 from a conversion had any issues with this?
Old Dec 27, 2011, 11:40 pm

Programs: 2MM by 2013 AA
Originally Posted by AA4LIFE
My card is supposed to be coming this week after converting one of my AA citi platinum cards. I have it confirmed from Citi and AA that this will earn million miler miles because it was converted before 12/1 but I am not 100% confident in that. Has anyone who got the card after 12/1 from a conversion had any issues with this?
Well I did the convertion in Oct 20th, received the cards in December 6th (had to wait the 45 days). My billing cycle closed in December 15 earn over 50k miles none as posted, call complained, they say to wait until my next billing cycle, I'm a little upset, but they assure me that the miles will count torch million miller, it better because this is the only reason that I got this CC.

The only explanation I got from CS @ citi, was that they need to verify my FF # with AA.

Please keep me updated, on how yours turn out.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 4:41 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold / Million miler
Originally Posted by AA4LIFE

I received my card well after 12/1 (I didn't even APPLY until significantly into Dec.) and was pleasantly surprised to learn from a helpful CSR that I WOULD receive the "2012 million-miler benefit." She (CSR) was so confident, she gave me her name and specific location, and told me to call back if I had any problem with my ("million miler") miles being credited. I took her comments as a really good sign that I will receive the miles.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 10:13 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond
I've been trying since early November to get a credit transfer from an unused Citi Card to the new AA Citi Exec Elite. I have a fraud alert and keep getting the run around at Citi that the alert is preventing them from completing the transfer of credit from one card to the other. Usually this is a simple request, for some reason I can't get it done. It seems to be Citi only. When I applied for the upgrade back in May Citi accessed my credit and approved the card immediately. Recently I debated on financing a car or paying cash. I choose to pay cash, but the financing place ran my credit with no problem. Any suggestions? Or is there a Citi Rep that monitors this site? Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 6:02 pm

Intl Biz Class Companion Cert

Originally Posted by abk
Just received a two for one international business class ticket letter for having this card. I read the fine print and all it requires is booking into I class which is not that difficult and not that expensive in some of the markets I looked at ( not good for Argentina,Brazil and Chile).
I received this, too, on Tuesday. Called AA Meeting Services today, as instructed in the "loyalty" letter from Maya Leibman. Rep told me they didn't yet have all the info they needed from Citi, and to "try again next Wednesday or Thursday."

I'm a noob when it comes to companion-cert offers. I've read on here where it can sort of be a wash when it comes to domestic fares with minimum-spend requirements. But I'm wondering if this might actually be a good deal (must be booked in I, some date restrictions) for someone already planning a Europe trip and looking for biz-class travel. Thoughts?

Thanks!
Old Dec 29, 2011, 7:29 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond
Welcome to Ft. Personally I think it's a great deal. I saw some "I" fares to Europe for under $4,000 PP RT. Some of the coach fares are near that much. If you can grab one of the low I fares you'll come out way ahead. JMO ^
Old Dec 29, 2011, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Congratulations – 10,000 Elite Qualifying Miles

Got this email for my wife's account, and the EQM show:

Your Elite Qualifying Miles
Have Posted To Your AAdvantage® Account

Dear Josephina Stern,

Congratulations! You earned 10,000 Elite Qualifying Miles (EQMs) since you reached the spend threshold on your Citi ExecutiveSM / AAdvantage® credit card*. A total of 10,000 EQMs have been added to your American Airlines AAdvantage® account.

Please log in to your AAdvantage® account on AA.com to view your YTD Elite Qualifying Miles balance.

Thank you for your business. We look forward to seeing you on board soon.

Sincerely,

AAdvantage® Loyalty Program
Old Dec 29, 2011, 10:41 am

Had a bad experience at the MIA Admirals club last night. They would not admit me to the Club without me showing a BP even though I showed my passport for ID. Had just arrived from DCA and couldn't find the BP. Was told that a BP was required even though the agent could not show me that rule on Citi card info or Admirals Club info. Staff less than helpful, got in with my old AC card. Called Citi today and they knew of no requirement except for gov. approved ID. Used the Citi card in DCA, DFW, LAX recently with no problem.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 1:08 pm

Programs: Citibank AAdvantage Executive CCard
Warning!

Originally Posted by lagunamadre
Gold status has now been removed from my AAdvantage account.
Talked w/ customer service- they said that they now will tag your account as "Gold Lite". boarding passes should say "Gold"
This happened to me and created problems. When I got the card, my account was coded Gold (I could view this on my AA.com AAdvantage page; it has the Gold icon). Between my departure and return dates, the Gold status was changed to...nothing. When I checked in at the ticket counter for my return flight, it did not print Priority Access. The ticket agent (even after she called AA...twice) was not able to change anything, have AA customer service change anything in their systems, nor help me in any way. My account only reflected I was an AAdvantage member. She could/would not call Citibank either. Both the ticket agent and AA customer service had no idea what happened or why it changed. It was clearly explained that I had the Citi AAdvantage Executive card, the features I should receive, and showed them my departure receipt with did include my Priority Access credentials on it from a few days prior and CCard.

I did not receive any Gold perks for my entire return trip, including my short layover in MIA. I was also, of course, charged for extra baggage that should have been free.

Long, long story short...after speaking with a Supervisor a few days after my full return, she said that the "Gold" code was dropped from the account but not repopulated with the "Premium Card" code. Interestingly, my account noted that I actually had the Executive card in another area in their system, just not that key "Star Profile" code area. She also stated this has happened to others, and are changing/updating as people call in; this leads me to believe that there are limited-to-no proactive fixes in place.

I would strongly advise doublechecking your account before flying. This includes BOTH your AA.com webpage and calling AA customer service to make sure it is coded with the Premium Card code.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 9:02 pm

Programs: 2MM by 2013 AA
I have had the card for almost 30 days, but with no chip, I called Wednesday and explained I was going to be traveling overseas, and that I was aware that there was a card with the chip and of course I want it one, after a brief hold, she said that it may take about 5 to 7 days for me to receive the card, but I got it today via ups. It as my advantage number on the front, and it no longer says ADMIRALS CLUB on the back, since they both have the same numbers and same cvs, I will be keeping both.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 11:19 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HHonors DIA
Originally Posted by GeneralKwan
I would strongly advise doublechecking your account before flying. This includes BOTH your AA.com webpage and calling AA customer service to make sure it is coded with the Premium Card code.
Does it actually say anything on your AA.com account page now after calling in? If so where?
Old Dec 31, 2011, 4:14 am

Programs: AA PLT 2.7 MM, DL GLD, UA Prem, BW Diamond, PC PLT, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dcaem
I have had the card for almost 30 days, but with no chip, I called Wednesday and explained I was going to be traveling overseas, and that I was aware that there was a card with the chip and of course I want it one, after a brief hold, she said that it may take about 5 to 7 days for me to receive the card, but I got it today via ups. It as my advantage number on the front, and it no longer says ADMIRALS CLUB on the back, since they both have the same numbers and same cvs, I will be keeping both.
Good plan I was refused entry in the Mia ac because of the
Missing logo
Old Dec 31, 2011, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by nyc6035
That sounds like it may be worth a call to the CitiGold line to find out.
Just called CitiGold; alas, the $450 will not be waived.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 11:40 am

Programs: AA Plat, WN A-List, Marriot Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by Nukedoc
Had a bad experience at the MIA Admirals club last night. They would not admit me to the Club without me showing a BP even though I showed my passport for ID. Had just arrived from DCA and couldn't find the BP. Was told that a BP was required even though the agent could not show me that rule on Citi card info or Admirals Club info. Staff less than helpful, got in with my old AC card. Called Citi today and they knew of no requirement except for gov. approved ID. Used the Citi card in DCA, DFW, LAX recently with no problem.
It's MIA.....Whatcha gonna do about it??

HP

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.