Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Archive: AA Citibank Executive / AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard (& MM poll)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: If AA Citi Exec MC purchases no longer count toward Million Miler status after 2012:
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will definitely keep my card - other benefits worth it
7.45%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will probably keep my card
6.83%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I'm not sure yet if I will keep or cancel my card
14.29%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will probably cancel my card
16.15%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will definitely cancel my card - other benefits not worth it
28.57%
Obtained card after Nov 30, 2011: I'm already ineligible for this benefit anyways
4.97%
I'm not a cardholder: I would enroll if this benefit were offered for new cardholders
13.66%
I'm not a cardholder: I would not enroll even if this benefit were offered for new cardholders
1.86%
I'm not a cardholder: I just want to see the poll results
6.21%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Archive: AA Citibank Executive / AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard (& MM poll)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2011, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by Static911
Long time lurker, first time poster. I am 9k EQM short of ExPat (I should've done all my flying on AA...). I recently surpassed the $40k spending threshold to attain 10k EQM. My next billing cycle ends on 12/23. I realize the EQM won't touch my AA account until a a few weeks later. As a result, will the 10k EQM counted for 2011, or will it be counted 2012 when the EQMs are finally posted on AA? If it is the latter, can I still achieve another 10k EQM since I satisfied the $40k spending level in 2011? Many thanks.
They should post to your account for the 2011 qualifying year, thus counting toward qualification for 2012, as the spend occurred in 2011. You will be able to gain 10k EQM's for the 2012 qualification year as well. I asked this very question to a rep the other day. They also say it takes 6-8 weeks to post but the rep said they've been posting very close to the posting of the regular miles with each statement.

--wes
Old Dec 17, 2011, 4:17 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG LT Plat, AA 3MM EXP
Originally Posted by alemdohorizonte
just requested mine. they are amazingly helpful.
looks like it's chip and signature (not chip and pin).
Well spoke too soon. Representative called me today at home and said he jumped the gun. Chip is not quite available yet, they are testing it internally first. Will likely be available "early next year" according to his conversation with corporate leaders, and when he asked if that means January, the answer was ambiguous.

So we wait... I do want to reiterate that this was announced nearly 6 months ago to be available "later this year."
Old Dec 18, 2011, 5:34 am

Programs: AA PLT 2.7 MM, DL GLD, UA Prem, BW Diamond, PC PLT, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by gozetta
Well spoke too soon. Representative called me today at home and said he jumped the gun. Chip is not quite available yet, they are testing it internally first. Will likely be available "early next year" according to his conversation with corporate leaders, and when he asked if that means January, the answer was ambiguous.

So we wait... I do want to reiterate that this was announced nearly 6 months ago to be available "later this year."
I requested an EMV chip card today and was told no problem. I let you know if I actually get it in a few days.
Old Dec 18, 2011, 9:44 am

Programs: AA EXP, EBS GLD, A|Club PLT, CC Silver, HH GLD
Called and spoke to a very good rep from Kentucky (British accent) and she informed me that they are still working on the card and it will not be available until next year. She told me to call back “about this time” next month to check in.
Old Dec 18, 2011, 10:12 am

Programs: AA CK, SPG Plt, Marriott Plt, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz PC
Is this card Chip & Pin yet?
Old Dec 18, 2011, 11:35 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by nitrobass24
Is this card Chip & Pin yet?
I normally don't agree with the sentiment when replies to questions like this suggest that the poster can't be bothered to read what's easily found (because often it isn't) ....but in this case, where the answer is just 3 posts above the question, I'm going to have to ask.....did you actually read any of this thread before posting the question?
Old Dec 18, 2011, 1:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by shadesofgrey1x
I requested an EMV chip card today and was told no problem. I let you know if I actually get it in a few days.
I hope you're right. Looking to get it before some extensive travel to Europe, where it would be helpful. Although not too surprised, it is interesting that so many folks are posting contradictory views on the timing. Just hoping for sooner than later...
Old Dec 18, 2011, 5:29 pm

Programs: AA CK, SPG Plt, Marriott Plt, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MauiTigerShark
I normally don't agree with the sentiment when replies to questions like this suggest that the poster can't be bothered to read what's easily found (because often it isn't) ....but in this case, where the answer is just 3 posts above the question, I'm going to have to ask.....did you actually read any of this thread before posting the question?
Yea i read the first page, where it said EMV will offered in the future.
I saw the thread was 74 pages and decided its easier to just post.

Obviously thats what most people do, since the thread is 6mo old and 74 pages long.

Sorry it bothered you so much.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 4:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by shadesofgrey1x
I called today as some others on this thread have. I was told that they are testing it with some Citi employees, but it won't be made available to customers until some time in Q1 of next year. I just hope I get it before I have an extended stay in Europe picking up and driving a car from Germany to Italy where gas stations frequently need the chip+pin at the pump.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 6:12 pm

Programs: AA PLT (2MM), BA Bronze, SPG LT Gold
I called and asked for the EMV card this past weekend. It arrived via UPS today and I successfully activated it a few minutes ago.

Not sure why there is conflicting info out there.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 8:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by bassque
I called and asked for the EMV card this past weekend. It arrived via UPS today and I successfully activated it a few minutes ago.

A photo/scan of the EMV chipped Citi AAdvantage card (your name and card number hidden of course) would be appreciated.

Last edited by kebosabi; Dec 19, 2011 at 8:38 pm
Old Dec 19, 2011, 8:36 pm

Can you confirm if this is Chip and PIN or Chip and Signature? Thanks!
Old Dec 19, 2011, 8:40 pm

Not sure this warrants a "prove it" photo but I figured this might happen and took one earlier.

Hopefully, the lack of a crystal clear photo won't encourage the conspiracy theorists. In any case, I'm sure there will be others to validate this in the next few days.

I just wish I was headed overseas to use it. Will be nice to be able to purchase an Underground ticket at a kiosk again....

Last edited by bassque; Dec 20, 2011 at 6:41 pm
Old Dec 19, 2011, 9:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
I just wish I was headed overseas to use it. Will be nice to be able to purchase an Underground ticket at a kiosk again....
Thanks for the photo.

Well actually, you don't need to head overseas to test it out. A 4 hour drive to Nuevo Laredo, Mexico and filling up gas at a Panamex gas station would do just fine
Old Dec 19, 2011, 9:20 pm

Noted. Perhaps I'm not that curious or anxious after all...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.