Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Archive: AA Citibank Executive / AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard (& MM poll)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: If AA Citi Exec MC purchases no longer count toward Million Miler status after 2012:
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will definitely keep my card - other benefits worth it
7.45%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will probably keep my card
6.83%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I'm not sure yet if I will keep or cancel my card
14.29%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will probably cancel my card
16.15%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will definitely cancel my card - other benefits not worth it
28.57%
Obtained card after Nov 30, 2011: I'm already ineligible for this benefit anyways
4.97%
I'm not a cardholder: I would enroll if this benefit were offered for new cardholders
13.66%
I'm not a cardholder: I would not enroll even if this benefit were offered for new cardholders
1.86%
I'm not a cardholder: I just want to see the poll results
6.21%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Archive: AA Citibank Executive / AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard (& MM poll)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2012, 11:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Citi AA Elite, HH GLD, Grand Wailea Elite
Since the switch you can see but have to pay for Preferred and Preferred Plus seats.

Originally Posted by hmiler
Since the new IT implementation switched from Gold (Lite) to Premium Card, can people with status only through the card still see preferred and preferred plus seats? Wondering if I need to MR later this year to keep actual gold status.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 11:41 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 2mm, SPG Gold
I converted my Citi card to the Executive Mastercard last year since I was so close to 2MM. I will crossing that threshold in the next few weeks, so I was wondering if anyone had any experience downgrading the card back to a regular AA MC (mid-year) and getting a pro-rated share of the $450 fee refunded.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 12:29 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro (2MM), HH DIA, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by texmanufan
Just wanted to post my experience as a point of reference on the $40K spend that posted to my account 02/13/12. On 02/26/12 my EQM did increment 10K.

As another point of reference, my million miler balance did not increase by the same 10K miles.
Your account posted properly. The 10k miles are EQM for current year status only and do not qualify for MM.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 12:46 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
Just wanted to post my experience as a point of reference on the $40K spend that posted to my account 02/13/12. On 02/26/12 my EQM did increment 10K.

As another point of reference, my million miler balance did not increase by the same 10K miles.
Same thing happened with my account.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 12:49 pm

Programs: AA EP/4MM, DL GM/1MM, HH ♦, Bonvoy LT PLT, Hyatt Globalist, AMEX Bus Plt
Originally Posted by Maui Time
Your account posted properly. The 10k miles are EQM for current year status only and do not qualify for MM.
That was my assumption too as other DEQM promotions this year have not incremented MM as well.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 11:58 am

Programs: American Airlines
What material is card made from?

what is the card made from and how heavy is the material? Is it just a normal plastic card?
Old Mar 3, 2012, 12:03 pm

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
normal plastic
Old Mar 3, 2012, 12:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Just a normal card.

I was refused entry to the AS Board Room at Sea Tac again last week. I had to pull out the old AC card.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 12:27 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG LT Plat, AA 3MM EXP
Originally Posted by Krazyglue
Just a normal card.

I was refused entry to the AS Board Room at Sea Tac again last week. I had to pull out the old AC card.
Do you mean an older CitiExec Card with the AC logo or one of your old actual AC cards?
Old Mar 3, 2012, 1:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Poor Quality Imprinting on Card

I've had my "newer" card for maybe 3-4 months now (the one with the chip). My AAdvantage number is (was ) printed near the top right hand corner, and is now for all practical purposes illegible at this point. The characters have simply been rubbed off so that no one could determine what my AA# actually is.

You'd think that for this level of card offering a little bit of attention to the quality of the actual physical product would be in order..
Old Mar 3, 2012, 3:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Citi AA Elite, HH GLD, Grand Wailea Elite
This happens on every CitiAA card I've had for the last 12 years.

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
I've had my "newer" card for maybe 3-4 months now (the one with the chip). My AAdvantage number is (was ) printed near the top right hand corner, and is now for all practical purposes illegible at this point. The characters have simply been rubbed off so that no one could determine what my AA# actually is.

You'd think that for this level of card offering a little bit of attention to the quality of the actual physical product would be in order..
Old Mar 3, 2012, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by gozetta
Do you mean an older CitiExec Card with the AC logo or one of your old actual AC cards?
Old actuall AC card. I have the card with chip and AC logo on the back.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Krazyglue
Just a normal card.

I don't get that. It should be tied to your AA number. Did you provide that?

My wife went in, first time, no card, just her AA number. No problem.

If she goes to the lounge site, she's offered a renewal, not a new membership. What does yours do?
Old Mar 5, 2012, 6:38 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3.2MM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Million Miler Miles and future of the card

The current terms did not seem to promise anything more, but what will happen to the terms of the card after this year? I would expect that with the cutoff of million miler (MM) miles for all base purchases at the end of the year, something will have to change to retain customers. I would think that having the 10k EQM start counting as MM miles as well would be a minimum expectation with another 10k available (both EQM & MM) at $80k spend. Citibank has a retention problem upcoming at the end of the year if they don't do anything, but I would not expect an announcement before fall.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by olddallas
The current terms did not seem to promise anything more, but what will happen to the terms of the card after this year? I would expect that with the cutoff of million miler (MM) miles for all base purchases at the end of the year, something will have to change to retain customers. I would think that having the 10k EQM start counting as MM miles as well would be a minimum expectation with another 10k available (both EQM & MM) at $80k spend. Citibank has a retention problem upcoming at the end of the year if they don't do anything, but I would not expect an announcement before fall.
I'm thinking that the MM cutoff date for the card spend might be pushed back another year. Unless they do this, I don't see much of reason to keep the card if you are already GLD or above and spend less than 40k.

Last edited by norf9; Mar 5, 2012 at 7:14 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.