Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANA winter 2022 schedule is announced

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2022, 10:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Only ANA
No, there’s a higher possibility it goes to 5 or daily with the new measures. Because more people will be going.
With the 77Ws retired from the fleet, the 777X not coming in, and the longer flying time to Europe, how's the fleet being stretched these days? How much more can they actually expand? They can't go back to full prepandemic schedule.....
Old Sep 22, 2022, 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
With the 77Ws retired from the fleet, the 777X not coming in, and the longer flying time to Europe, how's the fleet being stretched these days? How much more can they actually expand? They can't go back to full prepandemic schedule.....
hope that doesn't screw this booking up. From what I can tell NH102 was flown daily in the past, and always with a 789.

Does anyone know what would happen should NH102 not come back to daily service? I'm assuming I'd have to deal with Aeroplan, but would they automatically rebook me on an alternative flight in J (like NH2)? Or is that wishful thinking?
Old Sep 22, 2022, 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by sameruval
hope that doesn't screw this booking up. From what I can tell NH102 was flown daily in the past, and always with a 789.

Does anyone know what would happen should NH102 not come back to daily service? I'm assuming I'd have to deal with Aeroplan, but would they automatically rebook me on an alternative flight in J (like NH2)? Or is that wishful thinking?
Are any of the 300ers being retired? I thought only the domestic 777s were. Yikes that’s not good news!
Old Sep 22, 2022, 11:31 pm

Programs: ANA Diamond, JAL JGC, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
For better or for worse I think most of the brunt will be borne on Europe flights. They’ll have smaller planes and some routes will be cut because of Russian airspace and high fuel costs. Other than LHR and FRA, ANA hasn’t really appreciably increased EU routes, unlike the U.S., which they’ve steadily increased with each relaxing.

Third tier US cities might see some cuts. I can’t see SJC coming back any time soon.

And as a reply to the above, no Aeroplane will likely not help you. Plenty of cases where partner airline mileage did not work out well for cancellations all over this forum.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 12:35 pm

For better or for worse I think most of the brunt will be borne on Europe flights. They’ll have smaller planes and some routes will be cut because of Russian airspace and high fuel costs. Other than LHR and FRA, ANA hasn’t really appreciably increased EU routes, unlike the U.S., which they’ve steadily increased with each relaxing.

Third tier US cities might see some cuts. I can’t see SJC coming back any time soon.

And as a reply to the above, no Aeroplane will likely not help you. Plenty of cases where partner airline mileage did not work out well for cancellations all over this forum.
Bummer. I guess I will look for alternatives for that segment and rebook if anything comes up and otherwise hope that the route is operated as usual by May.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 7:39 am

My winter flights to Tokyo were recently changed by ANA and they've emailed me asking to confirm / cancel. I'm not yet sure if the replacements work for me, so I'm not rushing to confirm.

Does anyone know how long I can leave it before they cancel? I've emailed them, but it will come as no surprise that they've not got back to me. I'm assuming that it's probably something like 72 hours before the flight (or in that range), but I can't seem to find the info anywhere.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 2:50 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, NSA, CIA, MIB
It’s a higher possibility than the existing scheduled routes for sure. But with Japan reopening there might be more demand and more flights scheduled on existing routes.
I REALLY hope they increase capacity from the US West (LAX or SFO) coast in the next few months. Trying to book flights for April 2023 and there's not much out there for J and nothing showing up on United for F.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by cajunguy
I REALLY hope they increase capacity from the US West (LAX or SFO) coast in the next few months. Trying to book flights for April 2023 and there's not much out there for J and nothing showing up on United for F.
Spring will be a huge cherry blossom battle with tons of other people who’ve been waiting years to get back over here - will need to jump on any flights that open up immediately, and prices will likely remain high for quite a while.
cajunguy likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 7:02 pm

Programs: American Express got a hit man lookin' for me
It's amazing how much capacity JL is offering now in comparison to NH, considering that NH was way ahead before the pandemic.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 11:35 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by cajunguy
Originally Posted by pesos
Spring will be a huge cherry blossom battle with tons of other people who’ve been waiting years to get back over here - will need to jump on any flights that open up immediately, and prices will likely remain high for quite a while.
Just pay cash and fly Zipair business if you're trying to see cherry blossoms and are based around LAX or SFO; they're just starting up their SJC route and the prices are so low you'd wonder if they're a charity. The award seats on NH and JL are long gone, people like myself booked them right at calendar open.

The only bet on NH, I suppose, is that they switch SFO back to 777 and the calendar is flooded with F awards.
Originally Posted by joejones
It's amazing how much capacity JL is offering now in comparison to NH, considering that NH was way ahead before the pandemic.
It is wild that they have ceded the entire SFO F market to JL. There is absolutely F demand on that route from a certain collection of companies, my employer being one of them.

Obviously hindsight is 20/20 but it has become apparent that the airlines who made significant cuts to their international fleets were generally mistaken and will probably suffer the consequences for quite a while. Remember when COVID was the end of the A380? Now BA has all theirs flying again.

Last edited by nexusCFX; Sep 24, 2022 at 11:49 pm
Old Sep 24, 2022, 11:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by pesos
Are any of the 300ers being retired? I thought only the domestic 777s were. Yikes that’s not good news!
Some of the 77W went away as well.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 3:15 am

IIRC the plan was to cut the international fleet in half.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 6:50 am
Original Poster

September 28 update.
  • ANA announces its flight schedule for select routes from October 30, 2022 to March 25, 2023.
  • From December 1, 2022, ANA will further expand the number of flights on the Hawaii route. Starting December 1, the Narita = Honolulu route will increase to 5 roundtrips per week, and beginning March 6, 2023, the frequency will be raised to daily roundtrips.
  • From October 30, ANA will increase the flight frequency on the Narita = Vancouver route and operate roundtrips daily.
https://www.anahd.co.jp/group/en/pr/...0220928-2.html
Old Sep 28, 2022, 11:30 am

Programs: WOH Globalist
I’m surprised they haven’t reinstated the JFK-NRT route after cancelling it a few weeks ago.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Cometstar
I’m surprised they haven’t reinstated the JFK-NRT route after cancelling it a few weeks ago.
It has been cancelled throughout the pandemic, they already fly daily JFK HND. They probably don't need a double daily JFK yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.