Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANA winter 2022 schedule is announced

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2022, 11:30 am

Anyone have an idea when the summer 2023 schedule updates will be announced? Have a flight on a route that hasn't been fully launched yet
Old Dec 20, 2022, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by kodalip
Anyone have an idea when the summer 2023 schedule updates will be announced? Have a flight on a route that hasn't been fully launched yet
What route?
Old Dec 20, 2022, 4:53 pm

I've been checking daily for this too! Hoping NH102 goes to daily service
Old Dec 21, 2022, 8:19 am

HND to SYD
Old Dec 21, 2022, 9:38 am

Last year it was January 18th.
Torode likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 8:33 pm
Original Poster

December 20 update.
  • Starting December 30, ANA will increase the flight frequency for the Narita = Shanghai/Pudong route to 3 round trips per week.
  • From late January, flights on the Narita = Hong Kong route (NH811/812) and the Haneda = Delhi route (NH837/838) will be operated with daily service. A total of 10 roundtrips per week will be operated on the Haneda = Sydney route, with an addition of 3 roundtrips per week on flight NH889/890 together with NH879/880.
  • In order to meet demand for expatriate business travel, ANA will operate the Narita = Brussels route on specific days in March 2023.
https://www.anahd.co.jp/group/en/pr/.../20221220.html
Old Dec 30, 2022, 10:39 pm

Living in bay area and planning for my first MR award seats.

At this point where LAX has steady J seats I can book in 3-4 weeks ahead with 77w (the room), how likely will SFO gets 77w in 2023 Spring or Summer schedule? Or what's preventing that from happening?

The ideal case will be going in SFO with 77w to enjoy the room and trip time, and the two alternatives are basically 77w from LAX (so more cost in time/ticketing), or 787-9 from SFO (not sure how worse 787's J seats are compared to the room).
Old Dec 30, 2022, 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by FallMonkey
Living in bay area and planning for my first MR award seats.

At this point where LAX has steady J seats I can book in 3-4 weeks ahead with 77w (the room), how likely will SFO gets 77w in 2023 Spring or Summer schedule? Or what's preventing that from happening?

The ideal case will be going in SFO with 77w to enjoy the room and trip time, and the two alternatives are basically 77w from LAX (so more cost in time/ticketing), or 787-9 from SFO (not sure how worse 787's J seats are compared to the room).
no one knows if/when the Room will return to LA or if it will come to SF. There is an entire thread regarding the business staggered seats (precursor to Room) as well as a number of threads comparing the two. Some people love the Room and others think it’s quite hard.

Seat-independent plus of the 787 if you are going to be in J regardless is the improved humidity and lower cabin altitude. These make for a more comfortable ride and less jet lag.
Old Dec 30, 2022, 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by pesos
no one knows if/when the Room will return to LA or if it will come to SF. There is an entire thread regarding the business staggered seats (precursor to Room) as well as a number of threads comparing the two. Some people love the Room and others think it’s quite hard.

Seat-independent plus of the 787 if you are going to be in J regardless is the improved humidity and lower cabin altitude. These make for a more comfortable ride and less jet lag.
Isn't LAX already steadily getting room/suite with 77w fleets? Or 77w != room/suite?

Yeah I've looked into some previous comparisons and I'm actually inclined to harder seats, thus making room a really appealing choice. Humidity/altitude is something good to know and I'll check more. Thanks for sharing those.
Old Dec 31, 2022, 12:01 am

Isn't LAX already steadily getting room/suite with 77w fleets? Or 77w != room/suite?

Yeah I've looked into some previous comparisons and I'm actually inclined to harder seats, thus making room a really appealing choice. Humidity/altitude is something good to know and I'll check more. Thanks for sharing those.
LAX-NRT had the room/suite steadily for a while during the pandemic and recently they shifted those craft to ORD with California flights all being 787. I know the 777 is back at some point in the LA schedule but I’m not sure if it’s room/suite craft (you can see on Ana’s site when booking). There is also a craft that recently came out of maintenance and has flown a few flights but so far no confirmation if it’s been retrofitted or not.
Old Dec 31, 2022, 12:21 am

LAX-NRT had the room/suite steadily for a while during the pandemic and recently they shifted those craft to ORD with California flights all being 787. I know the 777 is back at some point in the LA schedule but I’m not sure if it’s room/suite craft (you can see on Ana’s site when booking). There is also a craft that recently came out of maintenance and has flown a few flights but so far no confirmation if it’s been retrofitted or not.
Ah bummer, you're absolutely right that some 777s are not the room/suite....so it gets even trickier then. Guess I'll go with 787 and room/suite once in a decade is fair enough for me.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 3:29 pm

With today's release of Apr-Jun on SFO-HND and all suite/room equipped, guess luck is still on our side!
Old Jan 25, 2023, 3:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
With today's release of Apr-Jun on SFO-HND and all suite/room equipped, guess luck is still on our side!
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but if ANA's site is to be believed, only NH107 is The Suite.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 5:20 pm

Programs: United Gold (frmer. 1k and GS), AAdvantage Platinum, Alaska MVP Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by inyvr
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but if ANA's site is to be believed, only NH107 is The Suite.
That's all I'm seeing too. I'm kicking myself, because I originally booked SFO-HND-SFO for cherry blossom season and switched it to LAX-HND/NRT-LAX for better dates. I'm crossing my fingers they just haven't loaded 77Ws on the LAX flights yet.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by lesamuel
That's all I'm seeing too. I'm kicking myself, because I originally booked SFO-HND-SFO for cherry blossom season and switched it to LAX-HND/NRT-LAX for better dates. I'm crossing my fingers they just haven't loaded 77Ws on the LAX flights yet.
I think they're using the 777s currently flying on LAX-TYO for SFO-TYO in the summer season, as I remember seeing ANA F from LAX bookable past the start of the summer season, and now all 3 frequencies from LAX are on the 787

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.