Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANA winter 2022 schedule is announced

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2022, 9:03 am

Programs: ANA Diamond, JAL JGC, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by Unimatrix One
In theory the Room should be much better, but the seat surface is very very hard and has no lumbar support. It feels like sitting on a park bench. ANA really messed up what should have been an industry leading product. I feel like they didn't test it with enough people or they would have realized how uncomfortable it is and they would have fixed it with a softer, more ergonomic design.
The target market is Japanese businessmen. Like many Japanese I grew up sleeping on hard surfaces, and I actually strongly prefer that. So much to the point that sleeping on something too soft makes me feel like I’ll curve my back or something.

It’s the same with people that complain about the cabin temperature being too warm (though this is where my American preferences override).

It might just be that you’re not the target audience.
Stratoliner777 and Ghoulish like this.
Old Sep 4, 2022, 3:57 pm

Programs: JAL Global Club & oneworld Sapphire, ANA SFC & Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by Only ANA
The target market is Japanese businessmen. Like many Japanese I grew up sleeping on hard surfaces, and I actually strongly prefer that. So much to the point that sleeping on something too soft makes me feel like I’ll curve my back or something.

It’s the same with people that complain about the cabin temperature being too warm (though this is where my American preferences override).

It might just be that you’re not the target audience.
I've lived in Japan for over 20 years and am accustomed to Japanese bedding. I prefer Japanese bedding to the bedding found in typical Western hotels. I've never had a problem with the firmness of any other J or F seat on JL or NH. The Room is definitely harder than all of them.
Old Sep 4, 2022, 3:58 pm

I have a business trip to Vietnam in December, and I am currently scheduled to return to Washington (IAD) on ANA via NRT on a Tuesday in early January. My ticket was booked through United since it was a code share flight and on the ANA website it said "subject to government approval." However, based on this information, it appears that NH 2 from NRT to IAD will operate on Tuesdays in January.

Is that correct?
Old Sep 4, 2022, 6:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by krish1971
I have a business trip to Vietnam in December, and I am currently scheduled to return to Washington (IAD) on ANA via NRT on a Tuesday in early January. My ticket was booked through United since it was a code share flight and on the ANA website it said "subject to government approval." However, based on this information, it appears that NH 2 from NRT to IAD will operate on Tuesdays in January.

Is that correct?
From October 30, 2022 to March 25, 2023, NH2 will operate 4 flights per week. Monday, Tuesday, Friday, and Saturday.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 7:47 am

I was looking at the new schedule from Oct. 30 to Mar. 25, and something doesn't make sense about NH 1 and 2 between NRT and IAD. NH 2 is scheduled to operate 4 times per week on Monday, Tuesday, Friday, and Saturday. However, the return flight, NH 1, is only scheduled to operate on Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday. Normally, these are turnaround flights. The flight that comes in from NRT turns around and returns to NRT. How is it logistically possible for NH 2 to operate 4 times per week, but NH 1, the return flight from IAD to NRT, only operates 3 times per week? Does anyone have any clues as to the logistics of ANA's operations with respect to this flight?

Thanks.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 8:25 am

Programs: ANA Diamond, JAL JGC, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
Could be a cargo flight. ANA also only flew one way out of Beijing for a long time, because bringing anyone in with COVID would result in a ban of all operations for some time. In the US I am sure it is different, but there is more to the industry outside of passenger flights.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 9:10 am
Original Poster

I was looking at the new schedule from Oct. 30 to Mar. 25, and something doesn't make sense about NH 1 and 2 between NRT and IAD. NH 2 is scheduled to operate 4 times per week on Monday, Tuesday, Friday, and Saturday. However, the return flight, NH 1, is only scheduled to operate on Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday. Normally, these are turnaround flights. The flight that comes in from NRT turns around and returns to NRT. How is it logistically possible for NH 2 to operate 4 times per week, but NH 1, the return flight from IAD to NRT, only operates 3 times per week? Does anyone have any clues as to the logistics of ANA's operations with respect to this flight?

Thanks.
They're probably sharing the plane between DC and Houston.

If you look at the new schedules for DC and Houston, NH2 and NH173 matches up. Same with NH174 and NH1.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 8:35 am
Original Poster

September 6 update.
  • ANA will increase the number of flights on the Narita/Haneda - Honolulu route from October 30 to November 30, 2022. The Narita = Honolulu route will be operated on the Airbus A380 FLYING HONU aircraft.
  • For the Asia Oceania routes, ANA will increase the flight frequency on the Haneda - Singapore route, and during the year-end and New Year season, increase flights on the Haneda - Sydney route.
https://www.anahd.co.jp/group/en/pr/...0220906-2.html
Old Sep 6, 2022, 10:25 am

Programs: Alaska 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, *A Gold w/ TK M&S
ugh… why a Wednesday flight and not Sunday (my current booking date)?!?!? RIP 🪦, my A380 dreams for now…
Old Sep 6, 2022, 10:36 am

Programs: American Express got a hit man lookin' for me
Originally Posted by night718
They're probably sharing the plane between DC and Houston.

If you look at the new schedules for DC and Houston, NH2 and NH173 matches up. Same with NH174 and NH1.
They don't match up because flights to the US arrive in the afternoon and flights from the US leave in the morning (as is tradition). It looks like planes from HND or NRT overnight at IAD or IAH and then fly back to either HND or NRT the next day. Then ANA just has to do shuffling among its various 789 routes on the Japan end. I imagine ANA still needs to park a bunch of planes and it's cheaper to do that in the US than in Japan.
night718 likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 11:20 am

On that press release, some of the routes are highlighted in Yellow. What does the Yellow highlight imply?

Also, I used to take NH1/2 quite regularly, but it's been several years since I have taken those flights. NH 2 used to leave NRT around 11:00 a.m. and arrive IAD around 9:30 or 10:30 a.m. depending on Daylight Savings or Standard time. NH 1 used to leave IAD around noon and arrive NRT the next day afternoon. Does anyone know if that schedule will remain the same once the new schedule takes effect in October?

Thanks.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

On that press release, some of the routes are highlighted in Yellow. What does the Yellow highlight imply?
The yellow highlight means a schedule change. Compare the column "Current Plan" with "New Plan".
Old Sep 6, 2022, 1:32 pm

Programs: AMEX PLT, AA PPro, Spire AMB
Looking at flights this month and SFO-NRT shows the ROOM on some select days as well...
Old Sep 6, 2022, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by patchan8984
Looking at flights this month and SFO-NRT shows the ROOM on some select days as well...
Which days please? I can't find any.
I'm flying YVR-Tokyo on Sept 15 and willing to route through SFO if there is The Room.
All the LAX ones show sold out.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by patchan8984
Nonstop? Or routes through LAX?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.