Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANA winter 2022 schedule is announced

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2022, 10:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
I just received an email from ANA for NH11 on 10/30, but looking at my reservation, I don't see any changes. Scared me as I thought it was changing to a 789 with J-only like other routes seem to be going, but I still am on a 77W and I still have my chosen F seat. Any ideas on what kind of change would this signify with the new schedule?

[From ANA] Seating (change of the aircraft or the operating airline)

Thank you so much for flying with ANA.

The aircraft or the operating airline for your reserved flight has been changed.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

- Passenger Name
seigex

- Flight changed
[1]SUN., OCT. 30, NH011
Chicago(ORD) - Tokyo(Narita)

[For customers who have already reserved a seat]
Your seat number and the applicable conditions may have changed. Please confirm your seat number (position) on the reservation details screen.
Please note that this email is also sent if your seat has not been changed.
Old Sep 13, 2022, 10:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by seigex
I just received an email from ANA for NH11 on 10/30, but looking at my reservation, I don't see any changes. Scared me as I thought it was changing to a 789 with J-only like other routes seem to be going, but I still am on a 77W and I still have my chosen F seat. Any ideas on what kind of change would this signify with the new schedule?
Chicago-Tokyo is changing to the Room and the Suite configuration for winter schedule.
seigex likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2022, 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by night718
Chicago-Tokyo is changing to the Room and the Suite configuration for winter schedule.
Just found the email, but it only mentions "The ROOM" for the 10/30 winter schedule but no mention of the suite. Is "The SUITE" the new one that was introduced on the a380 pre-covid? If so that's exciting.

EDIT: looks like it is, awesome
Old Sep 13, 2022, 10:37 pm
mjm
Original Member

Originally Posted by seigex
Just found the email, but it only mentions "The ROOM" for the 10/30 winter schedule but no mention of the suite. Is "The SUITE" the new one that was introduced on the a380 pre-covid? If so that's exciting.

EDIT: looks like it is, awesome
The Suite is, to say the least a "Sweet" ride. But put a blanket under your behind as it is a very poorly padded seat after 10-12 hours. Other than that it is an absolutely magnificent experience.
seigex likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2022, 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by mjm
The Suite is, to say the least a "Sweet" ride. But put a blanket under your behind as it is a very poorly padded seat after 10-12 hours. Other than that it is an absolutely magnificent experience.
Yeah this news made my night and thanks for the tip. I had a flight Jan 2020 on NH182 (A380 from NRT-HNL) but changed it when a flight direct from HND-SFO opened up. Was always disappointed I didn't take A380 F seat with the new suite.
mjm likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 12:43 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
With SFO routes still being the 787 on the schedule it's looking like that really is what's going to operate it for some time. Seems odd that it recently went back to 777 and now is going to be 787 again. Pre-COVID they had just recently expanded with the SFO-HND route and both SFO flights were 777 plus the 787 out of SJC. I wonder exactly what the rationale is now with it looking like Japan will be truly open in the not-too-distant future.

JAL also has SFO-HND on 777 only 3x a week plus daily 787 to NRT, so maybe the demand is just not there right now.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 1:35 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Odd that NH seems to have loaded equipment changes for the first part of the winter schedule, but not the entire schedule. For example, NH11 on 10/30 has been updated to the new 77W per NH's announcement. The same flight in mid-January is still showing the old 77W, and NH105/106 in mid-January is still showing the 789. (NH announced both routes would be getting the new 77W.)
Old Sep 14, 2022, 3:58 am

Originally Posted by nexusCFX
With SFO routes still being the 787 on the schedule it's looking like that really is what's going to operate it for some time. Seems odd that it recently went back to 777 and now is going to be 787 again. Pre-COVID they had just recently expanded with the SFO-HND route and both SFO flights were 777 plus the 787 out of SJC. I wonder exactly what the rationale is now with it looking like Japan will be truly open in the not-too-distant future.

JAL also has SFO-HND on 777 only 3x a week plus daily 787 to NRT, so maybe the demand is just not there right now.
Back in October 2020 they announced that they would get rid of 22 777s in an effort to cut costs. I don't know how many they actually got rid of but I seem to recall that, at the time of the announcement, that was pretty much half their 777 fleet. They can't reintroduce the 777 on all routes that previously had it with only half the number of planes. Add to that the increased flight times to/from Europe due to avoiding Russian airspace and even more cuts have to be made in the number of 777 flights.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 5:16 am
Original Poster

My end of November flight from ORD just updated to the new 777 configuration this morning.
quikj likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by night718
My end of November flight from ORD just updated to the new 777 configuration this morning.
I got a similar email that I posted above this morning for my mid-november HND-ORD return flight as well (NH112), so it looks like it was updated to the new 777 configuration.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 12:01 pm

My NH012 got updated as well (NRT-ORD). My outbound is October 29th with no update (as expected). Sort of neat to be on the last flight with this config on that route... I guess
seigex likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 1:34 pm

Programs: UA Silver, HH Gold
Originally Posted by dkc192
Odd that NH seems to have loaded equipment changes for the first part of the winter schedule, but not the entire schedule. For example, NH11 on 10/30 has been updated to the new 77W per NH's announcement. The same flight in mid-January is still showing the old 77W, and NH105/106 in mid-January is still showing the 789. (NH announced both routes would be getting the new 77W.)
I'm watching this closely as I'm on NH11 in mid January. How do seat choices carry over during an equipment change?
Old Sep 14, 2022, 6:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by quikj
I'm watching this closely as I'm on NH11 in mid January. How do seat choices carry over during an equipment change?
No idea, but I had 21 E/G and they turned those into 20 C/G. Luckily I was able to change it to 17 E/F.

Old
https://www.aerolopa.com/nh-773-2

New
https://www.aerolopa.com/nh-773-1

I'm guessing if your seat number matches exactly in the new configuration then you will be assigned those seats.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 8:30 pm

Probably not a surprise but my 1K seat was kept as the same when swapped to suites
Old Sep 15, 2022, 3:21 am

Programs: JAL Global Club & oneworld Sapphire, ANA SFC & Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by mjm
The Suite is, to say the least a "Sweet" ride. But put a blanket under your behind as it is a very poorly padded seat after 10-12 hours.
F class too?? The new J seat is really bad. It's spacious and private, but it feels like a park bench that reclines.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.