FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ANA winter 2022 schedule is announced
View Single Post
Old Sep 24, 2022, 11:35 pm
nexusCFX

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by cajunguy
I REALLY hope they increase capacity from the US West (LAX or SFO) coast in the next few months. Trying to book flights for April 2023 and there's not much out there for J and nothing showing up on United for F.
Originally Posted by pesos
Spring will be a huge cherry blossom battle with tons of other people who’ve been waiting years to get back over here - will need to jump on any flights that open up immediately, and prices will likely remain high for quite a while.
Just pay cash and fly Zipair business if you're trying to see cherry blossoms and are based around LAX or SFO; they're just starting up their SJC route and the prices are so low you'd wonder if they're a charity. The award seats on NH and JL are long gone, people like myself booked them right at calendar open.

The only bet on NH, I suppose, is that they switch SFO back to 777 and the calendar is flooded with F awards.
Originally Posted by joejones
It's amazing how much capacity JL is offering now in comparison to NH, considering that NH was way ahead before the pandemic.
It is wild that they have ceded the entire SFO F market to JL. There is absolutely F demand on that route from a certain collection of companies, my employer being one of them.

Obviously hindsight is 20/20 but it has become apparent that the airlines who made significant cuts to their international fleets were generally mistaken and will probably suffer the consequences for quite a while. Remember when COVID was the end of the A380? Now BA has all theirs flying again.

Last edited by nexusCFX; Sep 24, 2022 at 11:49 pm