Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Cathay Pacific (CX) Award Redemption, Booking and Availability (2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cathay Pacific (CX) Award Redemption, Booking and Availability (2023)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2023, 9:42 am

Programs: UA, AS
Originally Posted by andrew148
I can't find any F or J seats on HKG-LAX route... how did you find those seats earlier? It is such a frustrating exercise to find those seats... Thanks!
Seats are scarce. They come and go but mostly go. AA calendar is one of the better ways to search (if it works). Currently there 2 days in Feb and 2 in March with F LAX-HKG but nothing in J or F HKG-LAX. Something will pop up eventually but right now that direction on that route has nothing.
Old Apr 10, 2023, 12:10 pm

Programs: UA *G
Originally Posted by skimthetrees
Seats are scarce. They come and go but mostly go. AA calendar is one of the better ways to search (if it works). Currently there 2 days in Feb and 2 in March with F LAX-HKG but nothing in J or F HKG-LAX. Something will pop up eventually but right now that direction on that route has nothing.
Has anyone actually managed to book any of these dates? I can never find them on BA and they always error out for me on AS. Might be phantom availability?
Old Apr 10, 2023, 12:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Not seeing intra-Asia availability that I see on AA.com, guessing still not available to AS yet as stand-alone awards.

EDIT - searched for other routes and I do see it. Problem is AS.com doesn't recognize Chengdu's new airport code TFU yet. Any way around that?
Old Apr 10, 2023, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by leontief
Has anyone actually managed to book any of these dates? I can never find them on BA and they always error out for me on AS. Might be phantom availability?
I have not booked anything recently. I just checked and found, similar to your experience, the 4 dates with F I found on AA do NOT show up on BA or QF or AS so probably not bookable. Might be AA has more availability here? That is disappointing. It makes it harder to search.
eponymous_coward likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2023, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by italdesign
Not seeing intra-Asia availability that I see on AA.com, guessing still not available to AS yet as stand-alone awards.

EDIT - searched for other routes and I do see it. Problem is AS.com doesn't recognize Chengdu's new airport code TFU yet. Any way around that?
BA does not accept TFU yet either. The only possible way would be to call in to the partner desk and have them book manually using the TFU code which will require a very experienced agent or a supervisor and might be hard to convince them to do, but with a reasonable excuse like, "this is a new airport code not supported in your current web booking engine so you need to enter it manually", you have a good argument for a manual booking. And, do not even attempt this unless you know there is available award space (verified on AA). You should also report the issue so they can schedule their Crackerjack IT team to fix it (don't hold your breath but it may eventually happen).
Old Apr 10, 2023, 11:02 pm

i used to book a business class from hkg-lax, with only 50k last year, pretty sweet.
Old Apr 11, 2023, 5:54 am

Anybody get the message from CX:

"Our records indicate that your e-ticket(s) has not been issued yet. Please contact Customer Care (https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...act-us.html)to issue ticket(s). Otherwis
e, your booking will be cancelled without further notice."

Booked a few weeks ago. Alaska phone agents show booking confirmed and provided me with e-ticket number. Any specific department I need to ask for?
Old Apr 11, 2023, 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by Basanez
Anybody get the message from CX:

"Our records indicate that your e-ticket(s) has not been issued yet. Please contact Customer Care (https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...act-us.html)to issue ticket(s). Otherwis
e, your booking will be cancelled without further notice."

Booked a few weeks ago. Alaska phone agents show booking confirmed and provided me with e-ticket number. Any specific department I need to ask for?
Did the flight schedule change any any chance? That kind of thing caused hell on a BA award on Alaska, for example.
Old Apr 12, 2023, 7:47 am

Did the flight schedule change any any chance? That kind of thing caused hell on a BA award on Alaska, for example.
it’s very unusual. No schedule change. Called CX and they state ticket is confirmed, but they see 2 ticket numbers. Called Alaska and spoke with Partner Award Desk and they state everything is ok, and that the 2nd ticket CX sees is a ticket number they use (AS) internally to reflect the taxes paid. That they’re not even sure why CX sees the taxes portion ticket. I’m going to trust everything is ok and hope for the best.
Old Apr 12, 2023, 9:31 am

Programs: AS AA
Originally Posted by Basanez
it’s very unusual. No schedule change. Called CX and they state ticket is confirmed, but they see 2 ticket numbers. Called Alaska and spoke with Partner Award Desk and they state everything is ok, and that the 2nd ticket CX sees is a ticket number they use (AS) internally to reflect the taxes paid. That they’re not even sure why CX sees the taxes portion ticket. I’m going to trust everything is ok and hope for the best.
You'll be fine. I had the same experiences last year. After multiple forced reissues by AS even without any schedule change, CX website still showed ticket not issued. Then AS just told me to live with it and it could not be fixed, but rest assured I would be good to travel. It turned out to be just fine. CX had no problem checking me in at the airport.
Old Apr 12, 2023, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by alfrie
You'll be fine. I had the same experiences last year. After multiple forced reissues by AS even without any schedule change, CX website still showed ticket not issued. Then AS just told me to live with it and it could not be fixed, but rest assured I would be good to travel. It turned out to be just fine. CX had no problem checking me in at the airport.
This is reassuring so thank you! (Still interesting/weird)
Old Apr 17, 2023, 11:17 pm

Did anyone else see that LAX-HKG F on Mar 2, 2024 was available last night? Wouldn't let me book on the final page, wonder if it was phantom space that was never bookable, or real space that had been booked already. Showed on AA.com too. CX.com had additional days last night, but now those are gone.
Old Apr 18, 2023, 5:21 am

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
I’m trying to build a stop over in HKG with final destination in TPE 330 days out. Can I book the first leg LAX to HKG then add the second leg HKG to TPE when the award releases for free?

I’m afraid if I wait till both legs are released the LAX to HKG leg will no longer be available.
Old Apr 18, 2023, 9:18 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by RedElmo
I’m trying to build a stop over in HKG with final destination in TPE 330 days out. Can I book the first leg LAX to HKG then add the second leg HKG to TPE when the award releases for free?
I did that for an upcoming trip.
RedElmo and kalderlake like this.
Old Apr 18, 2023, 9:47 pm

Did anyone else see that LAX-HKG F on Mar 2, 2024 was available last night? Wouldn't let me book on the final page, wonder if it was phantom space that was never bookable, or real space that had been booked already. Showed on AA.com too. CX.com had additional days last night, but now those are gone.
it's back, and still unbookable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.