Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Cathay Pacific (CX) Award Redemption, Booking and Availability (2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cathay Pacific (CX) Award Redemption, Booking and Availability (2023)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2023, 6:07 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by scubadu
Well, your airline of choice (AA) certainly does not offer many great awards to partners. Do you believe members of other OW FFP programs find lots of great, premium cabin award availability on AA, at a reasonable price?
Nope. I see your point.
Old Dec 18, 2023, 9:51 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by scubadu
Well, your airline of choice (AA) certainly does not offer many great awards to partners. Do you believe members of other OW FFP programs find lots of great, premium cabin award availability on AA, at a reasonable price?

Regards
Originally Posted by WannaTheater
Nope. I see your point.
And we have always been at war with Eastasia!
Partner Reward Availability on CX
Rumor: MPC will go way of PPS

Oneworld says its members have agreed to make reward seats equally available—if one carrier offers the seats, all must offer them. The alliance hopes that can be a "competitive advantage," said spokesman Michael Blunt.
skimthetrees likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2023, 4:18 pm

I notice that there are a few Cathay Pacific seats available for USA->HKG in the first few month of 2024, but literally none available for HKG->USA.I feel a bit strange as I would think Cathay provides equal # of seats both ways. Is that HKG->USA seats trully in a lot higher demand?
Old Dec 19, 2023, 5:46 pm

lingecw do you see any F seats AS on Cathay in either direction at all? From or to any US city
Old Dec 20, 2023, 9:52 am

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Originally Posted by dave9lax
lingecw do you see any F seats AS on Cathay in either direction at all? From or to any US city
Yes but none with hkg as an origination or destination.
Old Dec 20, 2023, 10:13 am

Programs: UA, AS
do you see any F seats AS on Cathay in either direction at all? From or to any US city
Originally Posted by TalkingPoint
Yes but none with hkg as an origination or destination.
Where are you seeing this CX F that does not have HKG as an origin or destination? Some new 5th freedom route? Married segment through HKG to somewhere?
Old Dec 31, 2023, 6:05 pm

Why has CX not released their award seats for Nov Dec 24 yet? Furthest award seats I can find seemed to be only for Oct 24.
Old Dec 31, 2023, 6:38 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by dccal
Why has CX not released their award seats for Nov Dec 24 yet? Furthest award seats I can find seemed to be only for Oct 24.
Cuz they won’t. They can sell it all for cash right now. Not till they have excess inventory and know they can’t sell. Then they’ll release the award redemption.
coffee18 and DiamondMile like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.