Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Cathay Pacific (CX) Award Redemption, Booking and Availability (2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cathay Pacific (CX) Award Redemption, Booking and Availability (2023)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2023, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
Post about CX phantom schedule makes me to check our BOS-HKG, HKG-NRT trip in Sept on CX site.

This was booked in January for Sept travel. CX site now said "Ticket not Issued" but it shows "Confirmed" on all segments (BOS-HKG, HKG-NRT) ? I cannot remember seeing such notation. Is this a known glitch? I mean, no way the reservation can still be there when booked / ticketed on January 5th - if tickets not issued, the reservation would be long gone, right?
upon checking mine, not sure what you mean by ticket not issued. I’m checking on app it shows confirmed on all segments. Since it’s from AS redemption try on AS website to see is it still ok?
Old Feb 22, 2023, 5:06 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, DL GM
Post about CX phantom schedule makes me to check our BOS-HKG, HKG-NRT trip in Sept on CX site.

This was booked in January for Sept travel. CX site now said "Ticket not Issued" but it shows "Confirmed" on all segments (BOS-HKG, HKG-NRT) ? I cannot remember seeing such notation. Is this a known glitch? I mean, no way the reservation can still be there when booked / ticketed on January 5th - if tickets not issued, the reservation would be long gone, right?
It's not "normal", I'd call AS and ask them to double-check things. The CX website also has the Email e-ticket option that will send you your ticket numbers and more detailed reservation info; might be worth seeing what that says.
Old Feb 22, 2023, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by davidlin15
upon checking mine, not sure what you mean by ticket not issued. I’m checking on app it shows confirmed on all segments. Since it’s from AS redemption try on AS website to see is it still ok?
I used website on desktop. It has "ticket not issued" on the right hand top corner of the booking yet ALL segments showed "confirmed".

Originally Posted by snsec
It's not "normal", I'd call AS and ask them to double-check things. The CX website also has the Email e-ticket option that will send you your ticket numbers and more detailed reservation info; might be worth seeing what that says.
Yes, I found the email function under the More Option tab. I was able to request tickets emailed to me. They arrived within a couple minutes - all with AS ticket numbers and look fine.
The Chat box while opened, it gave me "current wait is more than 10 min" but no agent showed up after 20 min - it was 6AM Hong Kong time.

AS shows the trip just fine. It is CX site that has this strange notation despite every segment says "Confirmed".

Since I got the AS eTickets emailed by CX, I consider this is good enough proof that CX has gotten the tickets issued by AS.
Old Feb 22, 2023, 5:58 pm

I used website on desktop. It has "ticket not issued" on the right hand top corner of the booking yet ALL segments showed "confirmed".

Yes, I found the email function under the More Option tab. I was able to request tickets emailed to me. They arrived within a couple minutes - all with AS ticket numbers and look fine.
The Chat box while opened, it gave me "current wait is more than 10 min" but no agent showed up after 20 min - it was 6AM Hong Kong time.

AS shows the trip just fine. It is CX site that has this strange notation despite every segment says "Confirmed".

Since I got the AS eTickets emailed by CX, I consider this is good enough proof that CX has gotten the tickets issued by AS.
Its better to contact AS and asking them for a proof. Just in case your ticket has issue in the future.
Old Feb 22, 2023, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Its better to contact AS and asking them for a proof. Just in case your ticket has issue in the future.
AS site shows both trips perfectly fine and each has eTickets. I am not sure what other proofs AS could give. Since it is the outbound that has that funny indication, it would not be difficult to sort out versus if the inbound has issue when we would be in Japan.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 5:13 pm

Booked BOS > HKG {3 night stopover} > SYD in CX business for 60,000 Alaska miles today. Mileage Plan continues to provide tremendous value to me, considering United wants 250,000 miles and Delta 450,000 SkyPesos on their own metal, and don’t offer stopovers on one-way awards. My return is SYD > NAN {5 night stopover} > LAX on Fiji Airways business for 55,000 miles.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by Robert
Booked BOS > HKG {3 night stopover} > SYD in CX business for 60,000 Alaska miles today. Mileage Plan continues to provide tremendous value to me, considering United wants 250,000 miles and Delta 450,000 SkyPesos on their own metal, and don’t offer stopovers on one-way awards. My return is SYD > NAN {5 night stopover} > LAX on Fiji Airways business for 55,000 miles.
its tru but AS is not that easy to collect compare to others
Old Feb 23, 2023, 5:42 pm

It all depends on your flying and spending habits. Yes, Mileage Plan isn’t tied to any of the major transferable points currencies (Chase, AMEX, Citi, etc.), but if you’re buying premium fares on partners and crediting to MP, the miles really add up quickly. Oh, and the current BoA 70,000+ sign up CC bonus is a nice way to increase your mileage balance too.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Disagree....AS has a traditional mileage rather than revenue based frequent flyer program that makes it WAY easier to earn miles than the other programs that base mileage earned on the price of the ticket.
Robert and hypertext like this.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Was this close-in like T-14 availability? The CX J space I use to see has mostly dried up compared to what I saw a few months ago.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Was this close-in like T-14 availability? The CX J space I use to see has mostly dried up compared to what I saw a few months ago.
My trip is at the end of October. I used AA’s award calendar to locate the award space for the individual segments, and then pieced the ticket together using the multi-city feature on AS’ website. Would be easier if I could search CX U (business award space) on ExpertFlyer, but I find AA’s award functionality to be pretty decent. I agree CX business space is hard to come by. I would have preferred to fly JFK > HKG but couldn’t find anything available.
Old Feb 24, 2023, 11:24 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 100K, Hyatt Globalist, and Marriott Titanium Member
Was it always this hard finding premium award space on CX? I can't find a single J award ticket from the West Coast for the entire year, forget about a Z fare.

Last time I flew on Cathay, I booked a lucky Z fare in 2019 from SFO to HKG. It was hard finding the Z fare, but I remember there was a good amount of J space from SFO and LAX.

Last edited by sfflyer415; Feb 24, 2023 at 12:34 pm
Old Feb 24, 2023, 11:56 am

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
that is the itn i been looking for, but for 4 people and deparing 12/26-12/30, bos-hkg has prem econ,but for 15 hours, i dont know if that is still doable
Old Feb 24, 2023, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by sfflyer415
Was it always this hard finding premium award space on CX? I can't find a single J award ticket from the West Coast for the entire year, forget about a Z fare.

Last time I flew on Cathay, I booked a lucky Z fare in 2019 from SFO to HKG. It was hard finding the Z fare, but I remember there was a good amount of J space from SFO and LAX.
No, but everyone in HKG hadn’t been shut in for a couple of years by a pandemic. And EVERY person with CX AsiaMiles gets first dibs on award inventory, AS and AA get the leftover crumbs.

BA last year had all the inventory sucked out when Europe-USA tourism became normal, now it’s CX and JL’s turn…
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2023, 4:19 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Bonvoy Platinum, HH Gold
Cross post from the CX forum on route resumptions...
Just got the notification today that my "confirmed" ORD-HKG flight in July has (been cancelled. This was booked back in October...I guess with the new schedules being released, it was time for them to let me know. As this was booked using MileagePlan miles, I'm not sure what to expect re: "alternative arrangements," but it was nice while it lasted lol. Interestingly, it's still showing as "confirmed" on their website when I go to Manage Booking.

Last edited by ralph4878; Feb 25, 2023 at 12:59 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.