Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

2022 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2022, 4:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by philemer
Thanks, that sounds easy.
Three trains. Been doing that a few times this year from the N lounge to a partner international departure. They really should build a N-S shuttle.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by philemer
Thanks, that sounds easy.
Three trains. Been doing that a few times this year from the N lounge to a partner international departure. Last year I helped a confused elderly foreign traveler make that type of connection. He was starring at the train system map and clearly wasn’t sure how it worked, then asked me for help. They really should build a N-S shuttle.
philemer likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 5:10 am

Programs: AS MVPG100, Hyatt Globalist, MGM Gold, Caesars Diamond
I am AS100K, I have been buying domestic AA flights, being upgraded to first and then let in the AA lounges. Is that supposed to happen. I know Alaska upgraded to 1st did not include lounge access.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 5:57 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Originally Posted by tobikosan
I am AS100K, I have been buying domestic AA flights, being upgraded to first and then let in the AA lounges. Is that supposed to happen. I know Alaska upgraded to 1st did not include lounge access.
If you got upgraded on a flagship route, yes.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 9:50 am

Programs: Alaska 75k/One World Emerald
Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
If you got upgraded on a flagship route, yes.
I can confirm this. I was upgraded to Flagship Business from JFK-LAX and received lounge access.
tobikosan and be_rettSEA like this.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 10:50 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL GOLD, IHG LIFE PLAT, BONVOY'ED GOLD
I know many of you are against mileage runs, but as someone who truly values their current status (let alone the fact that alaska was astronomically expensive for most of 2022), what routes/trips would you guys consider optimal for a mileage boost?
Old Aug 30, 2022, 11:09 pm

Programs: ASMVP100K, Bonvoy Platinum
This may be old news, but I can't seem to find posts/blog posts about it.

I know Alaska made domestic AA flights dynamic in March, but it looks the chart to Europe shows AA economy tickets as dynamic too? I'm not sure when that happened. I noticed it today when I saw AA SEA-LHR at 30k instead of 22.5k. Did I just miss this news completely? (Would not be the first time)
Old Aug 31, 2022, 8:31 am

Programs: AS 75k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by itripreport
I know many of you are against mileage runs, but as someone who truly values their current status (let alone the fact that alaska was astronomically expensive for most of 2022), what routes/trips would you guys consider optimal for a mileage boost?
I think it's highly dependent on 1) how many miles you need to reach your goal 2) your airport 3) how much $$/time you have

I've done the red eye from SFO to JFK then right back to SFO several times in the past. But that was because I was roughly 5k away from reaching my goal and found a decent fares ahead of time. There are def many folx who will do more elaborate routes (JFK - SEA - ANC - SEA - LAX - JFK for example) or do partner international trips to reach their goal.
anteater likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 2:20 pm

Where is the checked luggage counter at MSY? 🫣 my son and I couldn’t find it last week (literally saw every airline but this one) so we ended up gate checking his luggage.

it looks like I’m going back to SEA next week and I will have to check luggage. This is embarrassing! Posting in flame free lol
Old Sep 1, 2022, 4:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by whitewave
Where is the checked luggage counter at MSY? 🫣 my son and I couldn’t find it last week (literally saw every airline but this one) so we ended up gate checking his luggage.

it looks like I’m going back to SEA next week and I will have to check luggage. This is embarrassing! Posting in flame free lol

James
whitewave and pcoll like this.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 5:58 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Trusted Twitter AS contact

A search on Twitter came up with several accounts that look like AS Twitter. Being a skeptic, please post which ones are safe to use. TIA.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 6:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by allset2travel
A search on Twitter came up with several accounts that look like AS Twitter. Being a skeptic, please post which ones are safe to use. TIA.
The only one I know of is https://twitter.com/alaskaair

-J.
allset2travel and kalderlake like this.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by GW McLintock

-J.
Thank you. Will give it a shot.
Old Sep 4, 2022, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by GW McLintock

-J.
Just to report back.
This Twitter account only do "social" (whatever that means).
Since my question was related a reservation, they could not help.
kalderlake likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2022, 10:05 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP, Hyatt Globalist
What fare class do tickets purchased with Alaska miles book into?

I thought I knew, but a recent mileage purchase booked into N and as an MVPG I was able to select Premium class seats during the booking process. Will I earn miles?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.