Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

2022 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2022, 6:12 am

Programs: Alaska 75k/One World Emerald
Originally Posted by sokolov
If the last activity in a mileageplan account was on August 31 2020, when will the account be deactivated? August 31, 2022? Sept 1? August 1 (Air France did that two me once)?
TNX
"Mileage Plan Miles do not expire. However, Mileage Plan accounts that are inactive for two years or more are deactivated and must be reactivated in order to access Mileage Plan Miles in such accounts."

I don't see that info listed specifically, but I always assumed it was literally two years (ie: August 17th, 2022 if your last activity was two years prior to that). Maybe someone else will know for sure but in the meantime, I wanted to encourage you to do a quick survey today to keep those miles active:https://www.theopinionterminal.com/
Old Jul 29, 2022, 2:02 am

Programs: WN
how long for bogo CC promo to activate?

does it take a statement period? looking to book an RT 8/4-8/9, if i sign up for a CC and spend $3K immediately (looks like i can use the acct to book Alaska flights immediately), how soon until bogo award? is it at least a statement period?
Old Jul 29, 2022, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by jerryfreak
does it take a statement period? looking to book an RT 8/4-8/9, if i sign up for a CC and spend $3K immediately (looks like i can use the acct to book Alaska flights immediately), how soon until bogo award? is it at least a statement period?
The companion fare/BOGO code will be added to you Milage Plan account once the statement closes when the spend threshold was/is met. Afterwards it’ll deposit in your account on your card anniversary/when the annual fee posts.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 6:14 am

Programs: WN
figured as much. thanks
Arsene Wenger likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 12:30 pm

Programs: UA MM/Gold; WN A-list; HH something depending; Marriott Gold
Newbie questions... Vegetarian flying first class LAX-CUN. Pre-order for food lists three options, two of which don't work for me (bacon and runny egg) and a cheese platter. I see for main cabin I could pre-order other meals I would prefer to the cheese plate, but the website won't let me (e.g., new vegetarian soy salad). I thought about asking the FA when I board to hold a salad for me, but website says the salad says must be pre-ordered. I'll pay the $10 to get an actual meal even though I am in first, but I see no way to add to my reservation. Do they board extras or does pre-order really mean it must be pre-ordered? Is there a way for first class to pre-order something not on the 3 options I see online? However this works out, I assume they'll let me purchase something from whatever is boarded for main cabin sale. Thanks. (Yes, I can bring my own meal from home or buy at the airport, just trying to understand how Alaska works.)
Old Jul 31, 2022, 1:45 pm

Why are first class seats showing as unavailable and others occupied? Are the unavailable ones not occupied?

thanks.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 1:51 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by whitewave
Why are first class seats showing as unavailable and others occupied? Are the unavailable ones not occupied?

thanks.
Are you in the process of selecting seats for a main cabin booking? If so, it says they are “unavailable” simply because you can’t select them since you are purchasing a main cabin fare.
samosa and be_rettSEA like this.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
Are you in the process of selecting seats for a main cabin booking? If so, it says they are “unavailable” simply because you can’t select them since you are purchasing a main cabin fare.
I already purchased and it looked the same when I bought so I selected main cabin plus (whatever it’s called). I was thinking of trying to upgrade and it shows this. Can I not self upgrade? DL let me choose which legs I wanted to upgrade to first.

First time flying Alaska.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 2:04 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by whitewave
I already purchased and it looked the same when I bought so I selected main cabin plus (whatever it’s called). I was thinking of trying to upgrade and it shows this. Can I not self upgrade? DL let me choose which legs I wanted to upgrade to first.

First time flying Alaska.
Alaska will not offer you the option of upgrading legs like Delta does. Your only options are to upgrade by changing your flight and paying the fare difference, or if upgrade space is available, you’ll be presented with the option at check-in.
whitewave and kalderlake like this.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
Alaska will not offer you the option of upgrading legs like Delta does. Your only options are to upgrade by changing your flight and paying the fare difference, or if upgrade space is available, you’ll be presented with the option at check-in.
thank you. between when I did the booking and now, DH got a nice bonus lol. I’m upgrading everything I can! 😉
tobikosan likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 2:32 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100, Hyatt Globalist, MGM Gold, Caesars Diamond
As an AS 100 if I book a flight on AA with miles do I still get on the upgrade list? Same priority?
Old Jul 31, 2022, 3:36 pm

Programs: Alaska, AA, Marriott
Originally Posted by tobikosan
As an AS 100 if I book a flight on AA with miles do I still get on the upgrade list? Same priority?
You need to make sure to book it with AA miles as if you're booking for someone else (not as the you logged into AA) so you can put in your AS number vs. the AA number AA will use for "you."
tobikosan likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 8:19 am

Programs: Alaska, American
Hello all -

I'm flying LAX-SEA-PHL-Dublin, with the first two legs on Alaska and the final leg on Aer Lingus. The entire trip is on the same reservation (I believe it's the same "PNR", but I don't know the subtleties of what entails a PNR, so I hesitate to say that for sure).

My layover in PHL is about 16 hours.

When I check my luggage in LAX, do you think it'll be checked all the way through to Dublin, or will something (change in carriers, long layover in PHL?) make it so that I'll need to re-check my bags?

Thanks,
-HD
Old Aug 2, 2022, 11:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium; AS 100k; BA Silver; UA Silver
Hi guys, I'm looking for some advice, especially from those of you who have toddlers. I have a one-year-old one and my wife and I discuss our travel plans once he becomes two years of age. Pretty much, she questions one of my biggest benefits of flying AS, which are upgrades to first class. If three of us travel and my wife and I get upgraded, can the kid get upgraded too if he has his own ticket? We can surely sit in the premium cabin and have all three seats next to each other, but alternatively I can work to get a WN companion pass status and have my wife flying with me pretty much for free.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 9:07 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I'm going to be Platinum Pro on American Airlines soon, while I'm only MVP on Alaska. If I book a ticket using Alaska miles and then contact Alaska to switch my AAdvantage number onto the ticket to get the Platinum Pro benefits, will I have any problems or otherwise weird issues should I need to modify the booking? Both for redepositing the miles to my Alaska if I cancel/switch to a day that requires fewer miles, or pulling additional miles from my Alaska account if I switch to an itinerary that costs more miles than the original booking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.