Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

2022 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!

2022 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!

Old Aug 8, 22, 3:22 pm

Just called Alaska to book a British Airways award 345 days out that I see availability for via BA, the agent said this was not possible and they can only book 330 days out. There is a Points Guy article claiming the opposite is true and I should be able to book this. Should I HUCA, or is this not possible?
Old Aug 10, 22, 1:42 pm
vji

Weird stuff on the website:

Searching awards outside of NA gives:

"CGK to TYO cannot be booked through this Web site because international award travel must be from or to a U.S., Mexican or Canadian city."

The same award still works with clicking "All Search Options".

Hopefully AS recognizes that awards are not always from North America and gets rid of that error...
Old Aug 10, 22, 5:03 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold100K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by SeaLuggageLover View Post
You can't split payment methods on the same reservation with AS, even if you call. It's really frustrating since it limits your opportunities to share your benefits with companions since sometimes it makes sense to use cash for one party and miles for the other, etc.
Equally annoying that AS can't figure out how to handle elite benefits or upgrades when more than two travelers are on one reservation:

Me: MVP Gold 100K
Wife: MVP Gold
Child 1: MVP
Child 2: MVP

As a Gold and Gold 100K each of us would be eligible to upgrade a companion traveling with us into FC (pending available U space). But if we book a reservation with all 4 of us then NONE of us get listed on the UG list.
Old Aug 11, 22, 12:55 am

Programs: AS MVP 75k, Hyatt Globalist, Hhonors Diamond, Marriot Platinum
I am looking at booking a F flight on BA sold as AA flight number. If i provide my Alaska FF number to AA, will i get RDM as per BA table or as per AA table. BA seems to have better bonuses for same fare class.

Last edited by pointsrunner; Aug 11, 22 at 12:58 am Reason: typo
Old Aug 11, 22, 1:08 am

Programs: Alaska, AA, Marriott
Originally Posted by pointsrunner View Post
I am looking at booking a F flight on BA sold as AA flight number. If i provide my Alaska FF number to AA, will i get RDM as per BA table or as per AA table. BA seems to have better bonuses for same fare class.
If you book the AA flight number its an AA flight.
pointsrunner likes this.
Old Aug 11, 22, 1:45 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by vji View Post
Weird stuff on the website:

Searching awards outside of NA gives:

"CGK to TYO cannot be booked through this Web site because international award travel must be from or to a U.S., Mexican or Canadian city."

The same award still works with clicking "All Search Options".

Hopefully AS recognizes that awards are not always from North America and gets rid of that error...
I'm not getting that error.

Old Aug 11, 22, 4:15 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
Hi,

when does Alaska Airlines come out with its February, March, April schedule?

I know that those dates are bookable nowbut I assume (perhaps incorrectly) that ASA makes a lot of changes to flight schedules at a certain interval ahead of time.

thanks!
Old Aug 11, 22, 4:59 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75k, Hyatt Globalist, Hhonors Diamond, Marriot Platinum
I am a Seattle based flyer with MVP100k. For next year i am planning to aim for AA EXP (my travel patterns are shifting to international instead of domestic). AA does not have status match or challenge as of now, so lets assume i will start frim scratch. I am planning to use my AA frequent flyer number for AA and AS bookings.
1. What is my upgrade priority on AA flying with AA FF with MVP100k status
2. What is my upgrade priority on AS flying with AA FF with MVP100k status
Old Aug 11, 22, 5:01 pm

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plan - MVP Gold
Originally Posted by pointsrunner View Post
I am a Seattle based flyer with MVP100k. For next year i am planning to aim for AA EXP (my travel patterns are shifting to international instead of domestic). AA does not have status match or challenge as of now, so lets assume i will start frim scratch. I am planning to use my AA frequent flyer number for AA and AS bookings.
1. What is my upgrade priority on AA flying with AA FF with MVP100k status
2. What is my upgrade priority on AS flying with AA FF with MVP100k status
None and none. If you choose to earn with AA you cannot also take advantage of your existing MVP 100K status for upgrades:

When using MVP or MVP Gold benefits, including First Class Upgrades, mileage may not be accrued in any other airlines' frequent flier program

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...nd-conditions/
pointsrunner and samosa like this.
Old Aug 11, 22, 5:16 pm

Programs: AA PPro, DL Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
I booked a flight inside of the 120 hour window and was immediately upgraded to First with my AA Plat Pro status. If I attempt a same day change to a later flight when the time comes, do I keep the First class seat/upgrade or end up back in economy? Thanks!
Old Aug 11, 22, 5:26 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, AS 75k
Originally Posted by HiAperture View Post
I booked a flight inside of the 120 hour window and was immediately upgraded to First with my AA Plat Pro status. If I attempt a same day change to a later flight when the time comes, do I keep the First class seat/upgrade or end up back in economy? Thanks!
economy unless there is the correct fare class available.
HiAperture likes this.
Old Aug 17, 22, 12:42 am
DTS

Programs: LH FTL, AS MVP 75k, AC 25k, IHG Plat
Segment runs ex-SEA

I tried the search, is there a thread on segment runs?

I am close to 70k miles, but only have two AS segments under my belt for 2022, two more AS r/t booked. Had to cancel a couple of my weekend trips in the past months. Any tips on how to tackle this ex-SEA?
Old Aug 17, 22, 9:24 am

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
Other people might be able to chime in with a better answer, but the first thought that comes to mind for segments ex-SEA is to book a milk run.

Unfortunately, I dont know much about the details on what it is or how to book it, but that might be a place to start

Originally Posted by DTS;[url=tel:34521167
34521167[/url]]I tried the search, is there a thread on segment runs?

I am close to 70k miles, but only have two AS segments under my belt for 2022, two more AS r/t booked. Had to cancel a couple of my weekend trips in the past months. Any tips on how to tackle this ex-SEA?
Old Aug 17, 22, 9:49 am

Programs: AS MVPG75K | oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by DTS View Post
I tried the search, is there a thread on segment runs?

I remember reading here a couple years back that someone did 3 SEA/PDX RTs in a single day to rack up segments.
Old Aug 17, 22, 10:20 am

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by Ford Fairlane View Post
I remember reading here a couple years back that someone did 3 SEA/PDX RTs in a single day to rack up segments.
Definitely possible - AS runs A LOT of that route everyday. It's always funny when I'm going through SEA and drop bags at PDX they have to ask exactly which flight I'm on. Basically, "are you running extremely late, right on time, or super early?"
be_rettSEA likes this.

Search this Thread