Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

2022 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2022, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold

Originally Posted by tobikosan
Thank you all for the great information, it's amazing all the intricacies the members here can pass along. I got it all sorted. One last question having to do with NYE, I have only been in this game a few short years but the first year I got into it Cathay Pacific had a pretty good First class Vietnam to USA round trip for about.a $1000 and I bought a few of those. They seemed like a pretty good deal, the seats were nice, the organic pajamas are nice and the 100s of thousands of AS miles. Any way when is the next NYE sale like that, I have been very patient
Those were error fares that CX honored. You are not likely to see those again anytime soon especially since the CX route network is a skeleton of what it used to be. Passenger volumes are still down 97.3% from 2019. (November 2021 figures)

Cathay Pacific Traffic Results

"On the bright side, that figure is an 85.2% improvement compared to November 2020. On the downside, it is down 97.3% on November 2019 passenger numbers. November’s revenue passenger kilometers (RPKs) rose 87.1% year-on-year but were down 96% compared to November 2019."

James
tobikosan likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 2:19 pm

Is it possible to book JAL F flights using Alaska miles online? Or via phone, for that matter.

I'm hoping to travel from TYO to NYC, and perhaps precede that flight with one in J from SIN to TYO.

Thanks in advance for any help.

cheers

kl
Old Jan 1, 2022, 3:51 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AA EXP, HH Diamond, MR Gold, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Last April I status matched from United Platinum to MVP Gold 75k when Alaska offered a straight match instead of a challenge. Unfortunately I was only able to turn in around ~43k EQMs for the year, which should be enough for regular Gold, right?. When I log into my account though it's not showing any kind of status. This morning it still had 75k listed but now is not showing anything. Is that normal and it'll correct itself, or should I be concerned and call in? It's not urgent so I'm certainly not going to call now while the Northwest is a mess, but I do have an AA flight on Monday (which has already been upgraded)...
Old Jan 1, 2022, 3:57 pm

Programs: Alaska, American
Hi all -

I'm 75K for the first time, so I'm trying to learn the ropes! For the Alaska Lounge passes (which I have 4), how do they work for guests? I have a paid lounge membership, so I don't want to use them on myself. Are the passes "one pass per person"?

Specifically, I want to gift them to my brother, who is travelling with his wife and 3 kids (ages 12, 14, and 16) next month. If all 5 were to try to go to the lounge, would it take 5 passes?

Edit to add a 2nd question: If I gift them, do the recipients need to be flying on an Alaska flight to redeem them?

Thanks!
-hd
Old Jan 1, 2022, 4:00 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by humdinger
Hi all -

I'm 75K for the first time, so I'm trying to learn the ropes! For the Alaska Lounge passes (which I have 4), how do they work for guests? I have a paid lounge membership, so I don't want to use them on myself. Are the passes "one pass per person"?

Specifically, I want to gift them to my brother, who is travelling with his wife and 3 kids (ages 12, 14, and 16) next month. If all 5 were to try to go to the lounge, would it take 5 passes?

Thanks!
-hd
You simply give them the codes and they can get in. Each person requires a unique pass so you would need 5.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 4:02 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K

We don't want to start 2022 like we did 2021, a day late... Here's to another year of *FLAME-FREE* questions and answers!
rustykettel likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 4:24 pm

Programs: Yes
I am livid!!

I achieved MVP Gold 100K status based on CY 2021 activity, and now that it is January 1st, 2021 my account still says shows MVP Gold 75K. This is outrageous! Ben should resign until a full investigation can be completed!! /s

Happy New Year's, all! 🤙🏻🍹
Old Jan 1, 2022, 5:02 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by coolbeans202
Last April I status matched from United Platinum to MVP Gold 75k when Alaska offered a straight match instead of a challenge. Unfortunately I was only able to turn in around ~43k EQMs for the year, which should be enough for regular Gold, right?. When I log into my account though it's not showing any kind of status. This morning it still had 75k listed but now is not showing anything. Is that normal and it'll correct itself, or should I be concerned and call in? It's not urgent so I'm certainly not going to call now while the Northwest is a mess, but I do have an AA flight on Monday (which has already been upgraded)...
Do you have the required number of segments on AS metal for Gold?
Old Jan 1, 2022, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by Finkface
Do you have the required number of segments on AS metal for Gold?
It was 6, right? I flew at least 9 or 10 segments on AS. The rest was on AA.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 5:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
It was 6, right? I flew at least 9 or 10 segments on AS. The rest was on AA.
AS flight requirements in 2021 were 2 for MVP, 4 for MVPG & 6 for MVPG75K

Everyone that held status in 2021 but didn't requalify for their same status is having their status extended until April 30th. If you meet the "challenge" for MVPG75K with 2 AS flights & 20K base miles on AS and or partners before April 30th, 2022, you will have your status extended until December 31st 2022.

Traditionally, all counters reset on January 1st. I would give it a few days to reflect this "one-off" extension.

James
Old Jan 1, 2022, 5:29 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by kalderlake
Is it possible to book JAL F flights using Alaska miles online? Or via phone, for that matter.

I'm hoping to travel from TYO to NYC, and perhaps precede that flight with one in J from SIN to TYO.

Thanks in advance for any help.

cheers

kl
Yes, it is possible! Do check out the thread for booking JL, particularly the most recent posts. There's a lot of good stuff in there on commonly encountered issues and very helpful folks!

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...020-later.html
Old Jan 1, 2022, 5:37 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG,
When does last years status go poof and disappear? I am enjoying my dwindling status until it is gone. How long do I have?
Old Jan 1, 2022, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
AS flight requirements in 2021 were 2 for MVP, 4 for MVPG & 6 for MVPG75K

Everyone that held status in 2021 but didn't requalify for their same status is having their status extended until April 30th. If you meet the "challenge" for MVPG75K with 2 AS flights & 20K base miles on AS and or partners before April 30th, 2022, you will have your status extended until December 31st 2022.

Traditionally, all counters reset on January 1st. I would give it a few days to reflect this "one-off" extension.

James
I read the T&C's of that extension as not applying to those that status matched into their status (i.e. me). I'm not super pressed about it, although I'm flying on AA Monday and was upgraded yesterday due to my expiring MVPG75K status. I don't really expect them to downgrade me all of a sudden, though I'm prepared for it, but I just don't want to be treated like I have no status at all.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 7:00 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
I read the T&C's of that extension as not applying to those that status matched into their status (i.e. me).
AS was kind enough to match my UA status, but when I looked just now, it appears I'm back to General Member for 2022
anteater likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by EmailKid
AS was kind enough to match my UA status, but when I looked just now, it appears I'm back to General Member for 2022
But did you fly enough on AS/partners to make status organically for 2022? I hit ~43K EQM and at least the 4 required segments, which, unless I'm mistaken, should put me at MVP Gold for this year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.