Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

2022 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2022, 7:11 pm

Programs: 75K, HH Diamond
Did anyone ever get clarification/success calling in and having lounge membership cost split across two cards?
Old Jan 7, 2022, 7:37 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by HangryDad
Did anyone ever get clarification/success calling in and having lounge membership cost split across two cards?
This can be done, yes.
HangryDad likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 8:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
Originally Posted by HangryDad
I called in and they were quite willing to split this across my Amex Platinum and Gold for $300 off. After 75K discount it was 'free' to me except that I'd already used $20 of my Amex airline fee credit.
HangryDad likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 8:38 pm

Programs: 75K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by anteater
This can be done, yes.
Thanks!
Old Jan 8, 2022, 1:27 pm

I have a $98 credit voucher for Alaska Airlines from a flight I cancelled last year due to not being able to travel due to Covid restrictions. It is due to expire on January 26th. Is there anything I can do to try to preserve this credit or should I just write it off? I think I can convert it to a wallet fund but I think that too will have the same expiry date? I'm unsure. I don't live in the US so I won't be flying with AA in the immediate future, although would possibly use it next year.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 3:55 pm

I've got a large amount of Krisflyer (Singapore Airlines) points locked up due to COVID-19 cancelations. I'm looking into other ways to use those points and the partnership with AS looks promising.

I'd like to search award availability from SEA-SJD, J/F class, flexible dates in June/July 2022. Looking directly on AS, I see lots of options... However looking on BA.com, don't get anything. Not even on the cheapest F flights (30k).

Can someone break down how I can identify/search for AS Awards that are bookable by partners?
Old Jan 9, 2022, 9:05 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Might I suggest a separate elite line for the AS customer service in N concourse? Lengthy lines there this week, of course.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 9:37 am

Programs: Avis Trump. Costco Exec. SPG PLAT PREM-90. WN A+/CP. AA SLV. Nat EE..
Cancelled Flight

First (saver) ticket. No AS status. Just got notification of a flight cancellation (outbound only on RT ticket) for 1/10. MCO-SAN No luck on rebooking yet. Can I get the one leg refunded and book alternate airline and keep my return?

i only booked AS because non-stop. Really don’t wanna connect in SEA. If they rebook what are the chances I will stay in F?
Old Jan 9, 2022, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by ucfjoe
First (saver) ticket. No AS status. Just got notification of a flight cancellation (outbound only on RT ticket) for 1/10. MCO-SAN No luck on rebooking yet. Can I get the one leg refunded and book alternate airline and keep my return?

i only booked AS because non-stop. Really don’t wanna connect in SEA. If they rebook what are the chances I will stay in F?
All I can say is best of luck with all of the above! If I were in the same situation, I would completely abandon AS on both outbound and return and book AA, DL, or if you can tolerate it, Southwest
Old Jan 9, 2022, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by nineworldseries
All I can say is best of luck with all of the above! If I were in the same situation, I would completely abandon AS on both outbound and return and book AA, DL, or if you can tolerate it, Southwest
thats what I’m doing (cringe WN) but was hoping for some certainty in at least a full refund. Would still like the F return leg if it happens. Current AS wait time stated was 10 hours.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 10:30 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
If I were in the same situation, I would completely abandon AS on both outbound and return and book AA, DL, or if you can tolerate it, Southwest
ALL of the airlines are suffering from staff shortages and hence CXed flights

On the upside, ALL seats on WN are First Class
fsuj25 likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 10:43 am

was just rebooked to a fight that’s now an overnight layover in SFO. No hotel comp of course but I don’t want the flight have morning meetings which is why I came in day before.

I just booked another outbound flight on another airline. I can’t get ahold of AS. Even tried text. Seems unlikely I hear from AS before my trip. Will I get a refund on my AS ticket? Can I save my return ticket on AS since I definitely won’t be taking my outbound trip since AS cancelled the flight and rebooked me on a convoluted new ticket?

Last edited by ucfjoe; Jan 9, 2022 at 12:01 pm
Old Jan 9, 2022, 12:58 pm

was just rebooked to a fight that’s now an overnight layover in SFO. No hotel comp of course but I don’t want the flight have morning meetings which is why I came in day before.

I just booked another outbound flight on another airline. I can’t get ahold of AS. Even tried text. Seems unlikely I hear from AS before my trip. Will I get a refund on my AS ticket? Can I save my return ticket on AS since I definitely won’t be taking my outbound trip since AS cancelled the flight and rebooked me on a convoluted new ticket?
I know you want that F seat on the return, just like I wanted mine on Thursday. Just abandon ship at this point-- AS has proven once they're going to screw you. Why are you waiting for the other shoe to fall too?
Old Jan 9, 2022, 2:45 pm

I know you want that F seat on the return, just like I wanted mine on Thursday. Just abandon ship at this point-- AS has proven once they're going to screw you. Why are you waiting for the other shoe to fall too?
My question is more about getting a refund and not shooting myself in the foot on the return.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 4:44 pm

My question is more about getting a refund and not shooting myself in the foot on the return.
I don't know if this will help but it's worth a shot. If I remember correctly you can go in to your reservation to modify or cancel a reservation. I am pretty sure (edit to add: if you select modify) it lets you select which specific flight(s) you want to keep/cancel/change. Then I think it will give you refund amounts/options before you hit the button to finalize the change.

Reading through the Alaska flight cancel threads it seems like the transcon flights are getting cancelled the most right now (to include to/from Seattle). Just be on the lookout to see if your return leg is impacted in the next few days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.