Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

2022 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!

2022 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!

Old Sep 21, 2022, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by suzyfly
thank you for the help! New to flyertalk so this is very helpful
Welcome to FT. There are a lot of folks here that are willing to answer any questions you might have. And usually they are correct.

No one can tell you when the offer will go up or down. I'd grab the 50K offer now. Read through the last 3 or 4 pages here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cred...-70-000-a.html
Old Sep 22, 2022, 3:59 am

If i fly Seattle-Doha in Qatar business class (R-fare cash, 7411 miles flight), how many ELITE qualifying miles am I expected to earn?

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi.../qatar-airways

From the weblink above I would expect to earn 7411 x 1.25 = 9264 elite qualifying miles only

But when I asked alaska chat/twitter, they seem to suggest that I'll earn about 16000 elite miles (the 100% miles 7411, and then *on top of that* 125% elite miles of 9264). This seems incorrect and I don't want to rely on my elite qualification strategy based on poor info from their twitter team. Can someone here please confirm?
Old Sep 22, 2022, 7:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by nomiiiii
If i fly Seattle-Doha in Qatar business class (R-fare cash, 7411 miles flight), how many ELITE qualifying miles am I expected to earn?

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi.../qatar-airways

From the weblink above I would expect to earn 7411 x 1.25 = 9264 elite qualifying miles only

But when I asked alaska chat/twitter, they seem to suggest that I'll earn about 16000 elite miles (the 100% miles 7411, and then *on top of that* 125% elite miles of 9264). This seems incorrect and I don't want to rely on my elite qualification strategy based on poor info from their twitter team. Can someone here please confirm?
Your assessment is correct for EQM. From the figures provided, I deduce that you are an MVPG Elite. The agent, while not providing you with the EQM amount you were seeking and which you correctly arrived at, provided you with the RDM you would earn on the flight. As a MVPG, you earn an additional 100% Elite bonus as RDM only.

EQM = 7411 1.25 = 9264
​​​RDM = (7411 1.25) + 7411 = 16,675

James
tobikosan, pcoll, nomiiiii and 1 others like this.

Last edited by Flying for Fun; Sep 22, 2022 at 12:34 pm
Old Sep 22, 2022, 7:52 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium; AS 100k; BA Silver; UA Silver
Originally Posted by suzyfly
Thinking about signing up for the Alaska card. Is the 50k mile offer good or will it go higher if I wait?
Would you qualify for the business card? It seems like an 80k bonus is being offered.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 11:28 am

Programs: AS MVPG100, Hyatt Globalist, MGM Gold, Caesars Diamond
Do AS 100K get to choose better seats on Iceland Air? Has anyone anything to share on the BOS-KEF flights in economy? Thx
Old Sep 22, 2022, 12:43 pm

Programs: AF/KL Platinum, AY Gold, Hilton Gold, Radisson Gold
Newby from Gemany: Is it ok to offer an Alaska Voucher code here?
Old Sep 22, 2022, 1:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
I booked a flight on AS for next month and asked them to include my AAdvantage number on the booking so I am credited with miles. I opened the AS app this morning and noticed my flight was gone. Looked it up via confirmation code and it looks like they removed my AS Mileage plan number and in place put my AAdvantage number. Is there no way to have both on the booking so I can still use the app for my boarding pass?
Old Sep 22, 2022, 1:57 pm

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plan - MVP Gold
No you cannot have both FF#s on the same booking.

In the app you can "Add a trip" with the confirmation code on order to have it show up in the Trips section and be able to get a mobile boarding pass.
AirricK11 likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 2:00 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by AirricK11
I booked a flight on AS for next month and asked them to include my AAdvantage number on the booking so I am credited with miles. I opened the AS app this morning and noticed my flight was gone. Looked it up via confirmation code and it looks like they removed my AS Mileage plan number and in place put my AAdvantage number. Is there no way to have both on the booking so I can still use the app for my boarding pass?
Yeah, it'll remove it when it's not tied to your MP# anymore, but you can add any flight to your list of trips (even for other non-companion passengers if you ever wanted to) on the app to check-in, use as boarding pass, monitor status, get alerts, change seats etc as normal.. On iOS, you just go to your trips page, click the blue + at the bottom, and enter your last name/PNR to add it to the list there. Not sure on Android, but imagine it's not too different.
AirricK11 likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 4:34 am

The same day change - can it be done multiple times if you keep noticing free seat availability at a better flights for the day (i'm gold so no concerns about the fees)? I'm assuming you just need to not check in to do a same-day change? Or call and uncheck yourself?
Also, there's no issues doing same-day change if we are on a companion ticket right?
Old Sep 23, 2022, 10:50 am

I have the BOA Alaska Air credit card. I plan to buy my son and grandson tickets from TPA to SEA. Will their luggage be free, or will they have to pay for each bag? I will be there checking in simultaneously and flying on a companion ticket with my granddaughter.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 10:51 am

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, AS 75k
Originally Posted by Connie In MT
I have the BOA Alaska Air credit card. I plan to buy my son and grandson tickets from TPA to SEA. Will their luggage be free, or will they have to pay for each bag? I will be there checking in simultaneously and flying on a companion ticket with my granddaughter.
They will pay unless you check the bags in under your name (and have the appropriate allowance).
Old Sep 23, 2022, 5:26 pm

Programs: AC 25k, WJ Platinum
Booked a rewards flight YEG-SEA-ATL-DOH-KTM

ATL-DOH and DOH-KTM in QR QSuite

YEG-SEA is a 1x day flight currently. Historically this was a 6:00am flight, and was at time of booking. Schedule change moved this flight to ~16:45 daily now, and this has held for a few months. I held off the the prompt to call in and rebook in hope that the 6:00 flight would come back, but that hasn't happened yet. My options would be to fly in a day early, for a 16h overnight layover (which is what they have me booked on now) or potentially fly/drive to YYC and get on that early morning flight.

Leaving a day earlier results in me having to take two additional days off work, and a hotel for the layover. Is there any hope for compensation or a hotel voucher? Perhaps for a positioning flight to YYC?

Alternately does anyone have insight to if/when the 06:00 YEG-SEA flight may return?
Old Sep 23, 2022, 10:47 pm

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plan - MVP Gold
Originally Posted by nomiiiii
The same day change - can it be done multiple times if you keep noticing free seat availability at a better flights for the day (i'm gold so no concerns about the fees)? I'm assuming you just need to not check in to do a same-day change? Or call and uncheck yourself?
Also, there's no issues doing same-day change if we are on a companion ticket right?
Yes you can SDC more than once. Note that if your flight is in the morning and you SDC at T-24 to a later one, you'll have to wait until T-24 of the new flight to SDC again. You can SDC even after checking in. The fee is also waived for everyone in your reservation, but of course more people means you need more availability on the flight you want to SDC to.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Just saw a notification on my phone that my flight is now boarding at gate C2E. I am at home, not traveling (the notification was from last night when I was sleeping). Thinking through it for a few moments (after sipping some more coffee), I realize it was an award flight that I canceled a few weeks ago. I double-checked and yes I received the refunds.

I dont recall if I opened the AS app on my phone since the cancellation, so my suspicion is that the app didnt sync my trips from the server and acted upon old data without first checking with the mothership. Does that sound plausible?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.