Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

MVP Gold 100K Tier - Features and Benefits (Pre-Launch)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 16, 2021, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DeltaFlyingProf
  • Requirements:
    100k Eligible miles earned on Alaska Airlines, oneworld Alliance and our Global Partners
    or 140 Eligible segments flown on Alaska Airlines, oneworld Alliance and our Global Partners
    24 minimum number of flights marketed and operated by Alaska Airlines
  • Flight Benefits:
    Elite bonus miles: 150%

First Class upgrades at the time of booking: Y, B, H, K or M fares
    Premium Class upgrades at the time of booking: All fares except Saver fares
    First and Premium Class upgrades on Alaska non-qualifying fares: 120 hours (Highest waitlist priority)
    Companion upgrades to First Class
    Companion upgrades to Premium Class

First Class guest upgrades (max. 4 per year)
    International upgrade certificates on American Airlines: 2 One-way
  • Airport benefits:
    Priority check-in and boarding
    Free checked bags: 3
    Preferred seating
    Express security line at select airports
    Standby and wait list for full flights
    Alaska Lounge membership discount
    Four Alaska Lounge day passes (max. 4 per year)
  • oneworld priority
    Emerald
More MVP Gold 100K benefits to come.

MVP Gold 100K will launch by the end of January 2021.

Notes:
  • It seems the 24 AS segments required will not include the rollover of AS segments from 2020 for qualification based on 2021 flying. Though notequiteaff reports that the twitter team said they do in post 154, an email reported by tonylop33 in post 178 indicates otherwise. Given that the email is from the director of the loyalty program management, it is safer to assume that only 2021 AS segments will count.
  • Since December 12 2021, the full website of Alaska shows the number of EQMs, the number of segments on partner airlines and Alaska, and a separate count of Alaska marketed and operated flights.
Print Wikipost

MVP Gold 100K Tier - Features and Benefits (Pre-Launch)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2021, 7:54 am

Programs: MVPGold 75K
I hope I get 100k status, i flew 178000 miles but i will have 23 out of 24 segments on Alaska. Do you think I need to reach out to see if they will offer 100k for 1 segment less
Mahogany likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2021, 8:32 am

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by felicidad76
I hope I get 100k status, i flew 178000 miles but i will have 23 out of 24 segments on Alaska. Do you think I need to reach out to see if they will offer 100k for 1 segment less
I think you will need that 24th AS metal segment.
Old Dec 11, 2021, 8:46 am

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by dayone
I'll bet you a dollar.
Originally Posted by DeltaFlyingProf
I'll buy you a beer at AA's flagship lounge 😄
Ah, romance is in the air. ❤️ I hope to take my wife to the JFK lounge soon.

🎵 It's the holiday season (the holiday season)
So hoop-de-do and dickory dock
And don't forget to hang up your sock
'Cause just exactly at twelve o'clock
He'll be coming down the chimney, down
(He'll be coming down the chimney, down) 🎵
Old Dec 11, 2021, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by dayone
I'll bet you a dollar.
Originally Posted by DeltaFlyingProf
I'll buy you a beer at AA's flagship lounge 😄
Sounds like a win-win.
Mahogany likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2021, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyerDigits
My understanding is that the chocolate is in lieu of a drink if you're MVP Gold or above and sitting in coach -- I think of it as the consolation prize. Seltzer water is my beverage of choice so I almost always get the chocolate, which I bring home. My understanding is also that no chocolate if you're sitting up front (never received it up there) as no consolation prize required.

Maybe we need a separate chocolate thread in addition to the cookie thread?
I think the only times I've gotten the chocolate in the past ~20 months were either:
a) sitting in F during "pandemic service" when there was little or nothing at all, but they'd stocked chocolate bars, so the FAs handed them out to the few people in F and probably PC (if there were any)
b) on Q400s flying SEA-PDX or vice versa. One of them even had a thank you note handwritten on it (as did my neighbor's).
c) Once recently in F when they apparently didn't board cookies. The tray came out with the meal and a chocolate bar.

And to stay on 100K topic:
I just got tagged with a short noticed transcon for work that's going to result in me finishing the year at 96K. Now slightly wishing I'd taken advantage of the CC EQM option, but only a little.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 3:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL GOLD, IHG LIFE PLAT, BONVOY'ED GOLD
Wait so I'm confused, the 100,000 miles themselves don't need to be earned on Alaska operated flights? Just the segments? Since I am at 32 segments but 99,000 miles, with an AA flight coming up before the end of the year
Old Dec 12, 2021, 3:57 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by itripreport
Wait so I'm confused, the 100,000 miles themselves don't need to be earned on Alaska operated flights? Just the segments? Since I am at 32 segments but 99,000 miles, with an AA flight coming up before the end of the year
You will need 24 AS metal segments and 100K AS+Partner EQM.
Mahogany likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 4:01 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by itripreport
As long as 24 of those 32 Alaska segments were flown in 2021, your 99K EQM doesn't include 10K EQM from signing up for the AS BofA Visa credit card, and your AA flight coming up will earn 1K EQM (an LAX-MIA booked in O or Q class won't do it) welcome to the MVPG100K ranks.

James
PlowJockey, anteater and tonylop33 like this.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 12:27 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium; AS 100k; BA Silver; UA Silver
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
As long as 24 of those 32 Alaska segments were flown in 2021, your 99K EQM doesn't include 10K EQM from signing up for the AS BofA Visa credit card, and your AA flight coming up will earn 1K EQM (an LAX-MIA booked in O or Q class won't do it) welcome to the MVPG100K ranks.

James
James, I believe once you've mentioned that you might work on a flowchart to make it easy for folks to understand if they hit 100k or not. Have you had a chance to do so? I don't need one for myself as I reached 100k a while ago but some may benefit from it.

Karo
Old Dec 13, 2021, 12:07 pm

Programs: AS 75k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I'm sorry if this has been answered before but I did a search and couldn't find it. I thought I read somewhere that you have until Jan 31 to reach 100k status - is that true? Or is the cut-off date 12/31/21?
Old Dec 13, 2021, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by ssk244
I'm sorry if this has been answered before but I did a search and couldn't find it. I thought I read somewhere that you have until Jan 31 to reach 100k status - is that true? Or is the cut-off date 12/31/21?
12/31. Benefits of the new 100k tier don’t start until the end of January.
FlyerDigits likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 12:15 pm

Programs: AS 75k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
12/31. Benefits of the new 100k tier don’t start until the end of January.
Ahh maybe that's what I misunderstood. Bummer. Thanks for the quick response!
Old Dec 15, 2021, 3:34 pm

Programs: UA G MM, AS 75K MVP, Delta Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Gold, PC Spire
What a mess!!!

I assumed everything was ok with my status; I have 135k miles (International J) and what appears to 24 segments on Alaska. I saw a story on TPG about folks receiving an email on December 10th (I received nothing). Called Tuesday and Customer Care said I was definitely 100k, saw this thread and figured I should tweet to get something in writing. The twitter rep comes back with I will not receive the status, called CC again and the rep (and their supervisor) said I am definitely going to be 100k (they said they are making a notation in my Mileage Plan account).

Alaska's tracking systems are such a mess, no wonder no one knows what is going on. They should have never instituted a new tier until the systems could accurately track what is going on. As an LA based (and occasional SAN) based flyer I feel that Alaska has basically given up on the market in Southern California (especially transcon). Thankfully UA is feeling generous towards frustrated California AS based flyers!

Old Dec 15, 2021, 3:36 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Originally Posted by jmmlaguna
I assumed everything was ok with my status; I have 135k miles (International J) and what appears to 24 segments on Alaska. I saw a story on TPG about folks receiving an email on December 10th (I received nothing). Called Tuesday and Customer Care said I was definitely 100k, saw this thread and figured I should tweet to get something in writing. The twitter rep comes back with I will not receive the status, called CC again and the rep (and their supervisor) said I am definitely going to be 100k (they said they are making a notation in my Mileage Plan account).

Alaska's tracking systems are such a mess, no wonder no one knows what is going on. They should have never instituted a new tier until the systems could accurately track what is going on. As an LA based (and occasional SAN) based flyer I feel that Alaska has basically given up on the market in Southern California (especially transcon). Thankfully UA is feeling generous towards frustrated California AS based flyers!

AS has abandoned LA, not SD or SF. SAN has BOS, JFK, EWR, and MCO.
Mahogany likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2021, 3:45 pm

Programs: UA G MM, AS 75K MVP, Delta Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Gold, PC Spire
Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
AS has abandoned LA, not SD or SF. SAN has BOS, JFK, EWR, and MCO.
I do fly to Boston a lot and NS from LA are gone and connections from SNA (via SFO) no longer exist. Basically flying Alaska is the one daily flight from SAN or one flight connecting in Seattle. Other than the morning bank of flights at SAN it feels like crickets, all red eyes are gone, Washington is gone.
I've been flying AA (and the wonderful A321) to Boston from LA or SNA via JFK. I wonder if they frown upon status matches within OneWorld.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.