Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

MVP Gold 100K Tier - Features and Benefits (Pre-Launch)

Old Sep 16, 21, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DeltaFlyingProf
  • Requirements:
    100k Eligible miles earned on Alaska Airlines, oneworld Alliance and our Global Partners
    or 140 Eligible segments flown on Alaska Airlines, oneworld Alliance and our Global Partners
    24 minimum number of flights marketed and operated by Alaska Airlines
  • Flight Benefits:
    Elite bonus miles: 150%

First Class upgrades at the time of booking: Y, B, H, K or M fares
    Premium Class upgrades at the time of booking: All fares except Saver fares
    First and Premium Class upgrades on Alaska non-qualifying fares: 120 hours (Highest waitlist priority)
    Companion upgrades to First Class
    Companion upgrades to Premium Class

First Class guest upgrades (max. 4 per year)
    International upgrade certificates on American Airlines: 2 One-way
  • Airport benefits:
    Priority check-in and boarding
    Free checked bags: 3
    Preferred seating
    Express security line at select airports
    Standby and wait list for full flights
    Alaska Lounge membership discount
    Four Alaska Lounge day passes (max. 4 per year)
  • oneworld priority
    Emerald
More MVP Gold 100K benefits to come.

MVP Gold 100K will launch by the end of January 2021.

Notes:
  • It seems the 24 AS segments required will not include the rollover of AS segments from 2020 for qualification based on 2021 flying. Though notequiteaff reports that the twitter team said they do in post 154, an email reported by tonylop33 in post 178 indicates otherwise. Given that the email is from the director of the loyalty program management, it is safer to assume that only 2021 AS segments will count.
  • Since December 12 2021, the full website of Alaska shows the number of EQMs, the number of segments on partner airlines and Alaska, and a separate count of Alaska marketed and operated flights.
Print Wikipost

MVP Gold 100K Tier - Features and Benefits (Pre-Launch)

Old Jan 18, 22, 1:07 am

Originally Posted by anteater View Post
Not yet since the tier isn’t active yet. 🤙🏻
Originally Posted by simonsuo View Post
Would be nice to have an exact date when 100k goes live, it is right around the corner. I assume they have everything ready, or almost at least.
Originally Posted by Waitlisted View Post
It’s officially the beginning of “later in January 2022” starting tomorrow 1/16. Hoping it kicks in before my four flights starting Wednesday so maybe I’d get a higher chance at an F upgrade.
FAs received notification that the MVP Gold 100K elite tier will go live on January 19. The 100K tier should show up on their devices and confers a free drink when seated in the main cabin, as well as a snack item (popcorn, potato chips or almonds from the retail menu, when available.)
Old Jan 18, 22, 10:20 am

Programs: Yes
The day is almost upon us, when us 100Ks can be sipping our pre-departure mai tais during pre-boarding and scoff as the MVP/G/75Ks pass by. 🤙🏻🍹

Note: 100Ks don’t receive either of these perks.
Old Jan 18, 22, 10:45 am

Programs: Alaska, AA, Marriott
Rumor is that 100K will board so much earlier than everyone else that they'll actually be allowed to board the incoming flight before it even lands:

No word yet what status you need to get a solo parachute as you're "swapped off" the inbound flight by an arriving 100K. You might end up in a tandem chute with your row-mate.

Last edited by thatmikereed; Jan 18, 22 at 11:01 am Reason: inbound, not unbound
Old Jan 18, 22, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by anteater View Post
The day is almost upon us, when us 100Ks can be sipping our pre-departure mai tais during pre-boarding and scoff as the MVP/G/75Ks pass by. 🤙🏻
Yes, and you'll be doing it in your HA F seat looking at them pass by inside the terminal. And that's the way a 100K gets the mai tai - unfortunately not earning any AS miles for the flight.
NoLaGent, anteater, 985X and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 18, 22, 11:08 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
The 100K tier should show up on their devices and confers a free drink when seated in the main cabin, as well as a snack item (popcorn, potato chips or almonds from the retail menu, when available.)
I was told a few days ago that it would allow you to get a more substantial item (like the F&C platter) but that it must be pre-ordered. I guess we'll have to see if that was true to not.
be_rettSEA and ShutUpDonnie like this.
Old Jan 18, 22, 12:29 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100k - UA Premier Gold - AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX View Post
I was told a few days ago that it would allow you to get a more substantial item (like the F&C platter) but that it must be pre-ordered. I guess we'll have to see if that was true to not.
Do you think our odds of actually receiving anything are better or worse than the current "chocolate odds"?
Seattle123 likes this.
Old Jan 18, 22, 12:31 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by ShutUpDonnie View Post
Do you think our odds of actually receiving anything are better or worse than the current "chocolate odds"?
I never asked for the chocolate, however, I would certainly ask for this if it wasn’t offered.
Old Jan 18, 22, 12:34 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Originally Posted by ShutUpDonnie View Post
Considering you already get “premium snacks” in PC I’m guessing it’s more F+C than potato chips
be_rettSEA likes this.

Last edited by TravelingZoomer; Jan 18, 22 at 1:31 pm
Old Jan 18, 22, 12:48 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond
I really wish that one perk that AS gave to 100Ks that wouldn't cost them a penny is priority boarding with FC. Delta does it with DMs and its a really pleasant perk. Board at anytime, including with FC passengers. 75Ks are technically suppose to have that boarding group of their own, but it seems like most of the time the GAs call everybody at once.
be_rettSEA and itripreport like this.
Old Jan 18, 22, 1:01 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by rune87 View Post
I really wish that one perk that AS gave to 100Ks that wouldn't cost them a penny is priority boarding with FC. Delta does it with DMs and its a really pleasant perk. Board at anytime, including with FC passengers. 75Ks are technically suppose to have that boarding group of their own, but it seems like most of the time the GAs call everybody at once.
I am still hoping for pre-boarding in 2023. 🙌🏻
Old Jan 18, 22, 1:29 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by rune87 View Post
I really wish that one perk that AS gave to 100Ks that wouldn't cost them a penny is priority boarding with FC.
I'm probably in the minority, but I'm against adding 100Ks to F boarding. F boarding can be hectic as is. A more reasonable solution might be a separate boarding call for 100K and 75K.
Old Jan 18, 22, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer View Post
Considering you already get “premium snacks” in PC I’m guessing it’s more F+C than potato chips
Sharing the exact language that was disseminated to AS personnel on this matter for what it’s worth….

Old Jan 18, 22, 1:55 pm

Programs: AS 75K, SK, UR, MR
Originally Posted by dayone View Post
A more reasonable solution might be a separate boarding call for 100K and 75K.
Before FC? Both F and U?
Old Jan 18, 22, 1:58 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by vanillabean View Post
Before FC? Both F and U?
After F.
Old Jan 18, 22, 2:31 pm

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
We will now welcome the ungrouped pre boards starting with those with disabilities, a second ungrouped pre board of those with families, and those that can fake either of those, next those active duty military (thank you for your service) those in group A+ who are seated in FC, group A regualar 100k & 75k and Oneworld emerald, next group B MVPGolds and MVPs and one world sapphire and ruby and those in PE, and then group C those wearing the special sweater of the day, and D and E groups if there is anyone left in the concourse you are welcome to attempt to board with your 4 items of luggage now.

Search this Thread