Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

MVP Gold 100K Tier - Features and Benefits (Pre-Launch)

Old Sep 16, 2021, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DeltaFlyingProf
  • Requirements:
    100k Eligible miles earned on Alaska Airlines, oneworld Alliance and our Global Partners
    or 140 Eligible segments flown on Alaska Airlines, oneworld Alliance and our Global Partners
    24 minimum number of flights marketed and operated by Alaska Airlines
  • Flight Benefits:
    Elite bonus miles: 150%

First Class upgrades at the time of booking: Y, B, H, K or M fares
    Premium Class upgrades at the time of booking: All fares except Saver fares
    First and Premium Class upgrades on Alaska non-qualifying fares: 120 hours (Highest waitlist priority)
    Companion upgrades to First Class
    Companion upgrades to Premium Class

First Class guest upgrades (max. 4 per year)
    International upgrade certificates on American Airlines: 2 One-way
  • Airport benefits:
    Priority check-in and boarding
    Free checked bags: 3
    Preferred seating
    Express security line at select airports
    Standby and wait list for full flights
    Alaska Lounge membership discount
    Four Alaska Lounge day passes (max. 4 per year)
  • oneworld priority
    Emerald
More MVP Gold 100K benefits to come.

MVP Gold 100K will launch by the end of January 2021.

Notes:
  • It seems the 24 AS segments required will not include the rollover of AS segments from 2020 for qualification based on 2021 flying. Though notequiteaff reports that the twitter team said they do in post 154, an email reported by tonylop33 in post 178 indicates otherwise. Given that the email is from the director of the loyalty program management, it is safer to assume that only 2021 AS segments will count.
  • Since December 12 2021, the full website of Alaska shows the number of EQMs, the number of segments on partner airlines and Alaska, and a separate count of Alaska marketed and operated flights.
Print Wikipost

MVP Gold 100K Tier - Features and Benefits (Pre-Launch)

Old Dec 15, 2021, 3:50 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Originally Posted by jmmlaguna
I do fly to Boston a lot and NS from LA are gone and connections from SNA (via SFO) no longer exist. Basically flying Alaska is the one daily flight from SAN or one flight connecting in Seattle. Other than the morning bank of flights at SAN it feels like crickets, all red eyes are gone, Washington is gone.
I've been flying AA (and the wonderful A321) to Boston from LA or SNA via JFK. I wonder if they frown upon status matches within OneWorld.....
They don’t do status matches, they do challenges. But have fun with the new LP system if it works for you.

Honestly unless you’re out of SAN and like the daily flight times (I do) it’s time to look at someone else if schedule is your most important factor
Old Dec 21, 2021, 10:37 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by bobblevins
I also received the email today as did my wife.
Originally Posted by maradori
Got the 100K email too
How soon after your posted miles reached the 100K did you receive the email?

Originally Posted by dayone
This thread will get unwieldy if it becomes a home for posts tracking 100K qualification. Please consider starting a new thread. More such posts will get moved.

dayone, AS Moderator
Was such a new thread created, and if not, would you consider updating [...]?

Mod edited to add: New 100K qualification thread.

MVPG100K Qualification Roll Call (2022) - FlyerTalk Forums

Last edited by dayone; Dec 21, 2021 at 11:51 pm Reason: Add link to new thread.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 10:48 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by vanillabean
How soon after your posted miles reached the 100K did you receive the email?

Was such a new thread created, and if not, would you consider updating
MVP/MVPG/MVPG75K Qualification Roll Call (2022)
to
MVP/MVPG/MVPG75K/MVPG100K Qualification Roll Call (2022)
?
I just created the 100K Qualification Roll Call thread. Personally, I like keeping the 75K thread also.
Old Dec 24, 2021, 2:51 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Moderator Note

A fair number of posts discussing 100K qualification have been moved to MVPG100K Qualification and Roll Call (2022) - FlyerTalk Forums and a couple have been deleted.

100K threads are the new COVID threads. They can veer south very quickly.

dayone, AS Moderator
anteater, 985X, USC1974 and 2 others like this.
Old Dec 27, 2021, 8:55 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
Hope this is the right thread to ask .... just wanna double check if I'm doing math correct

100K members get 150% bonus RDM - so if I fly another 100K miles next year, does that mean I'll end up getting 100K + (100K * 1.5) + 50K (bonus for crossing 75K) = 300K rdm?
Old Dec 27, 2021, 9:07 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 100K
Hope this is the right thread to ask .... just wanna double check if I'm doing math correct

100K members get 150% bonus RDM - so if I fly another 100K miles next year, does that mean I'll end up getting 100K + (100K * 1.5) + 50K (bonus for crossing 75K) = 300K rdm?
Yes, your math is correct. You'll also get more miles if you buy F fares.
maradori and FlyerDigits like this.
Old Dec 27, 2021, 9:40 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
I wonder if we will be able to order snacks for free in Y next January or if instead we need to wait until February
Old Dec 28, 2021, 12:16 am

Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
I wonder if we will be able to order snacks for free in Y next January or if instead we need to wait until February
I'm flying Jan 7th and the web and app for my reservation have the standard pre-order pricing.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 12:53 am

Programs: AA MM, AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, FPC lifetime Plat, Kohls MVP
Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
AS will retroactively give you the snacks in Feb for any flights taken in Jan.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 1:38 am

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by GumboCook
AS will retroactively give you the snacks in Feb for any flights taken in Jan.
This must be part of the whole "3D printing" think I keep hearing about I'll just print out my own cheese plate at home!
Sky Dreamer and USC1974 like this.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 2:49 pm

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver

Originally Posted by Thichbay
Yes, your math is correct. You'll also get more miles if you buy F fares.
Actually if you fly F, the math gets more tricky... You'd only have to fly a bit less than 67k BIS, so you'd get 1.5x67k + 1.5x67k + 50k = 251k rdm 😉
Old Dec 30, 2021, 9:31 pm

I thought the 50k rdm for hitting 75k was going away next year? I must have misread that?
Old Dec 30, 2021, 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by deedszilla
I thought the 50k rdm for hitting 75k was going away next year? I must have misread that?
Nope, the 50k RDM is still there. Link to the benefits page, to include a separate row specifically for this: https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...rship-benefits
Old Dec 31, 2021, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by FlyerDigits
Nope, the 50k RDM is still there. Link to the benefits page, to include a separate row specifically for this: https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...rship-benefits
Great, thank you. Happy to be wrong in this case!
FlyerDigits likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 10:53 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Am I the only one who is going to be refreshing the app tonight at midnight to see if my status will show 100K (even though I'm fully aware that it won't and that it doesn't kick in until later in January)?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.