Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

MVP Gold 100K Tier - Features and Benefits (Pre-Launch)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 16, 2021, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DeltaFlyingProf
  • Requirements:
    100k Eligible miles earned on Alaska Airlines, oneworld Alliance and our Global Partners
    or 140 Eligible segments flown on Alaska Airlines, oneworld Alliance and our Global Partners
    24 minimum number of flights marketed and operated by Alaska Airlines
  • Flight Benefits:
    Elite bonus miles: 150%

First Class upgrades at the time of booking: Y, B, H, K or M fares
    Premium Class upgrades at the time of booking: All fares except Saver fares
    First and Premium Class upgrades on Alaska non-qualifying fares: 120 hours (Highest waitlist priority)
    Companion upgrades to First Class
    Companion upgrades to Premium Class

First Class guest upgrades (max. 4 per year)
    International upgrade certificates on American Airlines: 2 One-way
  • Airport benefits:
    Priority check-in and boarding
    Free checked bags: 3
    Preferred seating
    Express security line at select airports
    Standby and wait list for full flights
    Alaska Lounge membership discount
    Four Alaska Lounge day passes (max. 4 per year)
  • oneworld priority
    Emerald
More MVP Gold 100K benefits to come.

MVP Gold 100K will launch by the end of January 2021.

Notes:
  • It seems the 24 AS segments required will not include the rollover of AS segments from 2020 for qualification based on 2021 flying. Though notequiteaff reports that the twitter team said they do in post 154, an email reported by tonylop33 in post 178 indicates otherwise. Given that the email is from the director of the loyalty program management, it is safer to assume that only 2021 AS segments will count.
  • Since December 12 2021, the full website of Alaska shows the number of EQMs, the number of segments on partner airlines and Alaska, and a separate count of Alaska marketed and operated flights.
Print Wikipost

MVP Gold 100K Tier - Features and Benefits (Pre-Launch)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2021, 4:20 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K (aka OWS)
No email for me or my spouse, though we've both been kicked out of automatic upgrades and waitlists consistently over the last few months (since reaching 100k), and have both been downgraded to boarding group B on several occasions. Also have been denied our chocolate bars while back in row 30 (middle seat) and been embarrassed by the FA saying "chocolate bars are only for Golds and Above". Customer Care just wrings their hands after keeping me on hold for an hour. January can't come soon enough.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 7:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by rdlmitedu
Curious if 100K will get access to AA Flagship First checkin on AA flights "regardless of cabin" like all other non-AA OW Emeralds get. 75K is specifically excluded, and AA gives it to Executive Platinum only (and CK).
I doubt it. AA Executive Platinums are not allowed to use Flagship First Check-In on all AA flights, only on qualifying international itineraries. Concierge Key members are allowed to use it while flying on any AA flight.

AS 75Ks and 100Ks will likely be able to use FF check-in when flying AA on a qualifying international itinerary, just like Plat Pros and EXPs.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 6:31 pm

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Originally Posted by QT31415
No email for me or my spouse, though we've both been kicked out of automatic upgrades and waitlists consistently over the last few months (since reaching 100k), and have both been downgraded to boarding group B on several occasions. Also have been denied our chocolate bars while back in row 30 (middle seat) and been embarrassed by the FA saying "chocolate bars are only for Golds and Above". Customer Care just wrings their hands after keeping me on hold for an hour. January can't come soon enough.
I'll bite...
Are you serious?
QT31415, RAD_PDX and ShutUpDonnie like this.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 7:04 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100k - UA Premier Gold - AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by DeltaFlyingProf
I'll bite...
Are you serious?
Bold move. I respect your life choices.
DeltaFlyingProf and Mahogany like this.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 7:06 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
I'll bite...
Are you serious?
I didn't bite, even though the FA was correct.

James
Old Dec 5, 2021, 1:33 am

Programs: Alaska 100K (aka OWS)
Red face

I'll bite...
Are you serious?
Well someone's reading this! While I was being truthful, I wasn't serious. I don't care if they give a chocolate bar or double G&T, I need neither. They're the best airline around my town, hands down. I had to fly SWA this past holiday and that cured me of any grumbling.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 10:26 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100k
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
I didn't bite, even though the FA was correct.

James
I'm just seeking understanding, not chomps - why was the FA correct? If the OP met the published standards for 100K, that means they met the standard for MVPG75 as well. Shouldn't that have kicked in when it happened, qualifying the OP for chocolates?
Old Dec 5, 2021, 11:20 am

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
My wife and I have been presented with the joco just once, and that was on the first flight after we had qualified for Gold. In the many times since then, even when even upgraded to F, being congratulated on being Gold or 75K and/or getting to know the FA well, the chocolate bar never resurfaced, not once.
minhaoxue likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 12:14 pm

My understanding is that the chocolate is in lieu of a drink if you're MVP Gold or above and sitting in coach -- I think of it as the consolation prize. Seltzer water is my beverage of choice so I almost always get the chocolate, which I bring home. My understanding is also that no chocolate if you're sitting up front (never received it up there) as no consolation prize required.

Maybe we need a separate chocolate thread in addition to the cookie thread?
be_rettSEA, zdfld and ItsAnAdam like this.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 11:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Alaska 100k, Hyatt Globalist
I've flown about 30 segments this year as Gold and I have found the chocolate to be 100% random.

Sometimes I get it, some times not. It's always nice when you get it.

Fiancee flew her first flight as gold and we both got chocolate in FC which was awesome she was thrilled.
nineworldseries likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 6:03 pm

Programs: Yes
In the iPhone app, I noticed a upcoming trip reflecting MVP Gold 100K status under my details — website still shows 75K.

🙌🏻🤙🏻
Old Dec 6, 2021, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by anteater
In the iPhone app, I noticed a upcoming trip reflecting MVP Gold 100K status under my details — website still shows 75K.

🙌🏻🤙🏻
That's fun . Checked mine in Android app and still shows 75K under my passenger details.
anteater likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 6:37 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
I wonder, is it time for 100K elites to make their secret public by updating their FT profile?
Old Dec 6, 2021, 7:04 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K

🙌🏻🤙🏻
Not seeing the same here.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 7:37 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by FlyerDigits
Checked mine in Android app and still shows 75K under my passenger details.
Of course I had to race to check. Mine still shows me at 75K. FTers - we crave status!
FlyerDigits likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.