FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MVP Gold 100K Tier - Features and Benefits (Pre-Launch)
Old Dec 15, 2021, 3:36 pm
TravelingZoomer

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Originally Posted by jmmlaguna
I assumed everything was ok with my status; I have 135k miles (International J) and what appears to 24 segments on Alaska. I saw a story on TPG about folks receiving an email on December 10th (I received nothing). Called Tuesday and Customer Care said I was definitely 100k, saw this thread and figured I should tweet to get something in writing. The twitter rep comes back with I will not receive the status, called CC again and the rep (and their supervisor) said I am definitely going to be 100k (they said they are making a notation in my Mileage Plan account).

Alaska's tracking systems are such a mess, no wonder no one knows what is going on. They should have never instituted a new tier until the systems could accurately track what is going on. As an LA based (and occasional SAN) based flyer I feel that Alaska has basically given up on the market in Southern California (especially transcon). Thankfully UA is feeling generous towards frustrated California AS based flyers!

AS has abandoned LA, not SD or SF. SAN has BOS, JFK, EWR, and MCO.