Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

MVP Gold 100K Tier - Features and Benefits (Pre-Launch)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 16, 2021, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DeltaFlyingProf
  • Requirements:
    100k Eligible miles earned on Alaska Airlines, oneworld Alliance and our Global Partners
    or 140 Eligible segments flown on Alaska Airlines, oneworld Alliance and our Global Partners
    24 minimum number of flights marketed and operated by Alaska Airlines
  • Flight Benefits:
    Elite bonus miles: 150%

First Class upgrades at the time of booking: Y, B, H, K or M fares
    Premium Class upgrades at the time of booking: All fares except Saver fares
    First and Premium Class upgrades on Alaska non-qualifying fares: 120 hours (Highest waitlist priority)
    Companion upgrades to First Class
    Companion upgrades to Premium Class

First Class guest upgrades (max. 4 per year)
    International upgrade certificates on American Airlines: 2 One-way
  • Airport benefits:
    Priority check-in and boarding
    Free checked bags: 3
    Preferred seating
    Express security line at select airports
    Standby and wait list for full flights
    Alaska Lounge membership discount
    Four Alaska Lounge day passes (max. 4 per year)
  • oneworld priority
    Emerald
More MVP Gold 100K benefits to come.

MVP Gold 100K will launch by the end of January 2021.

Notes:
  • It seems the 24 AS segments required will not include the rollover of AS segments from 2020 for qualification based on 2021 flying. Though notequiteaff reports that the twitter team said they do in post 154, an email reported by tonylop33 in post 178 indicates otherwise. Given that the email is from the director of the loyalty program management, it is safer to assume that only 2021 AS segments will count.
  • Since December 12 2021, the full website of Alaska shows the number of EQMs, the number of segments on partner airlines and Alaska, and a separate count of Alaska marketed and operated flights.
Print Wikipost

MVP Gold 100K Tier - Features and Benefits (Pre-Launch)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2021, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by rune87
The welcome to 100K status, benefits coming in Jan 2022. There was the first wave at launch, then it seemed like folks were getting them for a while as you qualified.
I could be wrong but I can't remember anyone reporting that they had received an email after the first wave.
Old Nov 26, 2021, 6:39 pm
Community Director Emerita

So once you cross the 24 segment/100k miles are folks getting emails still?
I crossed the mark 10 days or so ago and got nothing. My husband crossed a few weeks ago and got nothing.
tobikosan likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2021, 7:12 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
So once you cross the 24 segment/100k miles are folks getting emails still?
I crossed the 100 K point in early October and have received no messages from Alaska Airlines concerning the new status. I have also been told that was a one time thing for those two flew 100 K miles in the first three quarters of 2021.
jerry a. laska likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2021, 7:16 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Originally Posted by BOB W
I crossed the 100 K point in early October and have received no messages from Alaska Airlines concerning the new status. I have also been told that was a one time thing for those two flew 100 K miles in the first three quarters of 2021.
That seems very very unlikely anteater can you confirm this report?
Old Nov 26, 2021, 7:45 pm

No email for me. Nearly 70 segments/105k on AS BIS 2021.
Old Nov 26, 2021, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
I'm wondering what is so unlikely about it (I was also told something similar to what BobW reported)? Since 100K doesn't start until end of JAN 2020, it seems the mid-Sept emails may have been just to prime the pump for those already there. I imagine the rest of the 100K emails won't go out to we are into 2022.
Old Nov 26, 2021, 8:23 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
I haven't inquired about it to AS, but my understanding was that emails were sent at a certain point for whoever had obtained 100K at that point in time. I don't recall seeing anyone receiving the emails after that point.
Old Nov 26, 2021, 9:47 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

The email mentioned was a marketing message that also referenced 100K achievement for those who had met the 2022 requirements prior to the date of the email. It was not a 100K notification email. No such emails have been sent out and none will be sent out until after January 1.

I doubt that this will prevent premature posts and questions, but 100K does not begin on 1/1/2022. I expect it to roll out during the last week of January, maybe as late as January 31.
Old Nov 27, 2021, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
In the footnotes: “Members who qualify for MVP Gold 75K or MVP Gold 100K are eligible for either a total of 1 or 2 one-way upgrade certificates on American, depending on tier qualified for at year-end. Certificates for 2021 qualifiers will be distributed in early 2022. Only members who meet the published qualification criteria for the tier are eligible. Status acquired via nomination, status match promotion, or special offers are not eligible.”
I do think it's odd to give 75Ks a single upgrade certificate whuch effectively means you get to choose which half of a round-trip you want to upgrade...lol. I do assume they will only be good on the new AA west coast destinations like SEA-LHR....I can't believe I'm saying this but the AS GGUs might actually be more valuable in 2022.
Old Nov 27, 2021, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by tpritchard
Haven't seen this answered/speculated on yet, although I may have missed it.

The 'snack' that's supposed to be an added benefit for 100K next year - do we think that will be a choice of one of the current purchase items, like the snack pack or cheese plate...or one of the smaller and less comprehensive Premium class shrink wrapped bundles that were offered in PC pre-pandemic?
Those shrink wrapped little snack boxes went away long before the pandemic. PC eventually got a slightly larger single snack and now it's the same as main cabin. My guess is that the free snacks for 100Ks will be a choice of snack boxes not fresh food items.
VirtuousKangaroo likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2021, 7:24 pm

Programs: MR AMB/LT, AA EP, TK EP, DL D, B6 M4, F9 100K, IHG AMB/D, HH D, CZR D, FndCd, Sixt D, NTL E, Hz PC
Curious if 100K will get access to AA Flagship First checkin on AA flights "regardless of cabin" like all other non-AA OW Emeralds get. 75K is specifically excluded, and AA gives it to Executive Platinum only (and CK).
ItsAnAdam likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 11:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by rdlmitedu
Curious if 100K will get access to AA Flagship First checkin on AA flights "regardless of cabin" like all other non-AA OW Emeralds get. 75K is specifically excluded, and AA gives it to Executive Platinum only (and CK).
Not familiar with this. Guess it's at limited stations. What's involved? Just dedicated staffing, or do they offer snacks/water/etc?

Thanks.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 2:15 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by beckoa
Not familiar with this. Guess it's at limited stations. What's involved? Just dedicated staffing, or do they offer snacks/water/etc?.
I used LHR twice and LAX once. I think there was bottled water. LHR was unspectacular. LAX offered a secluded entry to the terminal, so I got to feel a bit like a celebrity (who wasn't flying private).
Old Nov 28, 2021, 2:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by dayone
I used LHR twice and LAX once. I think there was bottled water. LHR was unspectacular. LAX offered a secluded entry to the terminal, so I got to feel a bit like a celebrity (who wasn't flying private).
So a bit like QF F in MEL I guess. Would be an interesting perk.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 7:26 pm

Programs: MR AMB/LT, AA EP, TK EP, DL D, B6 M4, F9 100K, IHG AMB/D, HH D, CZR D, FndCd, Sixt D, NTL E, Hz PC
Originally Posted by beckoa
So a bit like QF F in MEL I guess. Would be an interesting perk.
At MIA it is a separate and much shorter wait check-in area, behind a little wall. Haven't been inside yet; flying AA/BA intl F on 21 DEC unless covid omicron changes plans and will find out. AA F check-in at MIA often has a 5-10 minute line by comparison.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.