Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

MVP Gold 100K Tier - Features and Benefits (Pre-Launch)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 16, 2021, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DeltaFlyingProf
  • Requirements:
    100k Eligible miles earned on Alaska Airlines, oneworld Alliance and our Global Partners
    or 140 Eligible segments flown on Alaska Airlines, oneworld Alliance and our Global Partners
    24 minimum number of flights marketed and operated by Alaska Airlines
  • Flight Benefits:
    Elite bonus miles: 150%

First Class upgrades at the time of booking: Y, B, H, K or M fares
    Premium Class upgrades at the time of booking: All fares except Saver fares
    First and Premium Class upgrades on Alaska non-qualifying fares: 120 hours (Highest waitlist priority)
    Companion upgrades to First Class
    Companion upgrades to Premium Class

First Class guest upgrades (max. 4 per year)
    International upgrade certificates on American Airlines: 2 One-way
  • Airport benefits:
    Priority check-in and boarding
    Free checked bags: 3
    Preferred seating
    Express security line at select airports
    Standby and wait list for full flights
    Alaska Lounge membership discount
    Four Alaska Lounge day passes (max. 4 per year)
  • oneworld priority
    Emerald
More MVP Gold 100K benefits to come.

MVP Gold 100K will launch by the end of January 2021.

Notes:
  • It seems the 24 AS segments required will not include the rollover of AS segments from 2020 for qualification based on 2021 flying. Though notequiteaff reports that the twitter team said they do in post 154, an email reported by tonylop33 in post 178 indicates otherwise. Given that the email is from the director of the loyalty program management, it is safer to assume that only 2021 AS segments will count.
  • Since December 12 2021, the full website of Alaska shows the number of EQMs, the number of segments on partner airlines and Alaska, and a separate count of Alaska marketed and operated flights.
Print Wikipost

MVP Gold 100K Tier - Features and Benefits (Pre-Launch)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2021, 11:41 am

Programs: MVPGold 75K
Originally Posted by metallo
That's actually a pretty concerning data point for anyone who ever worries about AS upgrade processor issues and the integrity of the upgrade list.

Once the 100k benefits begin, imagine being #1 on the list as 100k, and then last seat goes to someone way down the list with much lower status because the processor didn't function properly.

Who knows what actually happened, but I have zero faith in these lists being processed correctly at this point.
100k doesn't mean anything now. I have this status since may1 st. It will be only valid from next year
Old Oct 26, 2021, 11:43 am

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by felicidad76
100k doesn't mean anything now. Injave this stairs since may1 st. It will be only valid from next year
Please re-read my post. The fact that 100k benefits haven't begun yet was exactly the point.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 8:23 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
So, can someone who is a AS rep (Ehem, missydarlin ) give us the company line on what is in or out of running for qualifying for 100K?

I've heard rollover segments do from an Agent, but half of you say no, the other yes
I've heard credit card spend counts towards 100K , but many of you haven't received confirmation

Is there an official source or what is or what isn't in scope?

I'm one property tax payment (worth the fee if it counts towards 100K and five segments away from 100K.

lala
Old Oct 28, 2021, 8:30 am

I find it really inconsistent on Alaska’s part that ‘20 rollover miles do count, but the ‘20 segments don’t.

I have also received inconsistent answers from agents. The whole rollout of the tier wasn’t great.
lalala likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 8:45 am

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by lalala
So, can someone who is a AS rep (Ehem, missydarlin ) give us the company line on what is in or out of running for qualifying for 100K?

I've heard rollover segments do from an Agent, but half of you say no, the other yes
I've heard credit card spend counts towards 100K , but many of you haven't received confirmation

Is there an official source or what is or what isn't in scope?

I'm one property tax payment (worth the fee if it counts towards 100K and five segments away from 100K.

lala
I am not employed by AS, but I’ve already asked some high branches on the AS tree and previously posted:

Rollover segments do not count toward the AS metal requirement

AS BoA CC EQM spend does count.
Mahogany and tonylop33 like this.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 9:12 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Originally Posted by anteater
I am not employed by AS, but I’ve already asked some high branches on the AS tree and previously posted:

Okay. Thanks. I think I can swing another few segments, I'll tell my Taller Half (TM) that she may need to do a segment run.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 1:59 pm

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott
Originally Posted by ASA_1
I find it really inconsistent on Alaska’s part that ‘20 rollover miles do count, but the ‘20 segments don’t.

I have also received inconsistent answers from agents. The whole rollout of the tier wasn’t great.
What is confusing is that there are 2 conditions to status, and both have a path to satisfying them via segments:

For 100K:

A) 100K EQM -OR- 140 AS/Partner Segments (2020 Rollover Period + 2021 Flying)
B) 24 AS Segments (2021 Flying Only)

What is probably causing various answers from different agents is how they interpret a question of "Will the rollover segments count towards my status?" If someone has satisfied Condition A via EQM, then the rollover segments will no longer matter for them, meaning the answer is "No". If they have yet to satisfy Condition A, then they could still technically achieve a total of 140 Segments including what was rolled over, so for them the answer would be "Yes".

Either way, it appears that the website (and I believe the iOS app) should be updated with streamlined indicators that display the correct values, so hopefully that makes it less confusing.
Old Oct 30, 2021, 6:43 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
The BoA EQM promo miles will count toward 100K status.
The offer is by invitation only, completely out of your hands? One EQM per dollar, in chunks of $2,500?
Old Oct 30, 2021, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by vanillabean
The offer is by invitation only, completely out of your hands? One EQM per dollar, in chunks of $2,500?
It's notnvite only. Everyone with a personal Alaska cc is eligible.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by AndyKehn
It's notnvite only. Everyone with a personal Alaska cc is eligible.
That's not right. Any elite as of the end of August is eligible.

AS Customer Service did at one point say anyone with a card but that wasn't correct.
vanillabean and be_rettSEA like this.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 6:13 pm

Programs: AS 75k

More confirmation of this - I was chatting/talking with a Customer Care agent on a different matter when they asked if I was planning on qualifying for 100k (I just re-qualified for 75k). The agent seemed relatively new/low level, but knowledgeable and it appeared that they had been briefed on these questions. The Customer Care agent said that both rollover and BoA CC EQM count toward 100k qualification and that rollover segments do NOT count towards the 24 AS segment requirement. Based on this conversation, I feel confident enough to cancel my December mileage run that would get me the last 8k or so EQM and just spend a few thousand more $s on my BoA AS CC. They also said that business BoA AS credit cards are NOT included in the EQM promo.
tobikosan and be_rettSEA like this.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by flymonthly
More confirmation of this - I was chatting/talking with a Customer Care agent on a different matter when they asked if I was planning on qualifying for 100k (I just re-qualified for 75k). The agent seemed relatively new/low level, but knowledgeable and it appeared that they had been briefed on these questions. The Customer Care agent said that both rollover and BoA CC EQM count toward 100k qualification and that rollover segments do NOT count towards the 24 AS segment requirement. Based on this conversation, I feel confident enough to cancel my December mileage run that would get me the last 8k or so EQM and just spend a few thousand more $s on my BoA AS CC. They also said that business BoA AS credit cards are NOT included in the EQM promo.
How hard would it be for AS to add one sentence to the terms and conditions so that it is there in writing.

I've booked one four segment run and will likely do one more (a day squandered, but lots of needlepointing time!) to qualify for 100K. ]
lala
Old Nov 5, 2021, 8:31 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Just noticed a new option for upgrades…
Old Nov 5, 2021, 8:48 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
Just noticed a new option for upgrades…
I try to utilize it, but I get the errror
The fare group passed is invalid.

Last edited by dayone; Nov 5, 2021 at 9:44 pm Reason: Delete quoted image for readability.
Old Nov 6, 2021, 8:51 am

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott LT Platinum
Just to confirm, the 24 segments are butt in seat? i.e. Paid J/C/D/I segments flown in 2021 count as 1 each, and not as 1.5...?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.