Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

MVP Gold 100K Tier - Features and Benefits (Pre-Launch)

Old Sep 16, 21, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DeltaFlyingProf
  • Requirements:
    100k Eligible miles earned on Alaska Airlines, oneworld Alliance and our Global Partners
    or 140 Eligible segments flown on Alaska Airlines, oneworld Alliance and our Global Partners
    24 minimum number of flights marketed and operated by Alaska Airlines
  • Flight Benefits:
    Elite bonus miles: 150%

First Class upgrades at the time of booking: Y, B, H, K or M fares
    Premium Class upgrades at the time of booking: All fares except Saver fares
    First and Premium Class upgrades on Alaska non-qualifying fares: 120 hours (Highest waitlist priority)
    Companion upgrades to First Class
    Companion upgrades to Premium Class

First Class guest upgrades (max. 4 per year)
    International upgrade certificates on American Airlines: 2 One-way
  • Airport benefits:
    Priority check-in and boarding
    Free checked bags: 3
    Preferred seating
    Express security line at select airports
    Standby and wait list for full flights
    Alaska Lounge membership discount
    Four Alaska Lounge day passes (max. 4 per year)
  • oneworld priority
    Emerald
More MVP Gold 100K benefits to come.

MVP Gold 100K will launch by the end of January 2021.

Notes:
  • It seems the 24 AS segments required will not include the rollover of AS segments from 2020 for qualification based on 2021 flying. Though notequiteaff reports that the twitter team said they do in post 154, an email reported by tonylop33 in post 178 indicates otherwise. Given that the email is from the director of the loyalty program management, it is safer to assume that only 2021 AS segments will count.
  • Since December 12 2021, the full website of Alaska shows the number of EQMs, the number of segments on partner airlines and Alaska, and a separate count of Alaska marketed and operated flights.
Print Wikipost

MVP Gold 100K Tier - Features and Benefits (Pre-Launch)

Old Dec 10, 21, 11:55 am

Programs: AS G, UA MM, DL DM MM
I also received the email today as did my wife.
Old Dec 10, 21, 12:08 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
Got the 100K email too

One thing that concerns me is at the bottom of https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...rship-benefits , it says

Look for additional MVP Gold 100K perks to be introduced later in 2022, for the 2023 program year.
Kinda bummed that it seems like the first year of 100K is going to be meh (just a tiny bit incrementally better than 75K)
anteater likes this.
Old Dec 10, 21, 12:08 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by DeltaFlyingProf View Post
I also got the email. What I note that is not as I had hoped is the AA upgrade at 72h still. Maybe that will be adjusted to 100h like Exec plat later?
AA states that Exec Plat gets 120h on AS.

Edit:
https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mileage-plan/membership-benefits/elite-partner-benefits?lid=elite-benefitsneworld-partners shows 72h for 100k on AA
https://www.aa.com/i18n/aadvantage-p...s-benefits.jsp Says `AAdvantage Executive Platinum and Platinum Pro members receive complimentary upgrades on Alaska Airlines. Upgrades will be confirmed as early as 120 hours before departure, if seats are available.`
I believe the AA upgrade windows are 100 hours for EXP and 72 hours for PRO, as indicated on the linked chart.

My understanding is that AS and AA are each grouping both their Emerald elite tiers above the respective partner Emerald elites for upgrades. For example, AS 100K + 75K > AA EXP on AS, and AA EXP + PRO > AS 100K on AA. Of course, we won't know for sure until 100K rolls out.
Old Dec 10, 21, 12:29 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by maradori View Post
Kinda bummed that it seems like the first year of 100K is going to be meh (just a tiny bit incrementally better than 75K)
I think being placed above AA EXPs for upgrades will be a big advantage over 75Ks, but it's unfortunate for their (75Ks) sake that that benefit needs to exist.
Old Dec 10, 21, 12:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MVPG, DL Silver, United Silver, Accor Platinum, Marriott Ambassador
Also received the confirmation 100K email. I was a little relieved as of my 106K EQMs for 2021, 20K were from the CC promotion spend. Even though it was determined that the CC promotions EQMs count towards 100K status, you never ultimately know until you receive it.
SanDiego1K and FlyerDigits like this.
Old Dec 10, 21, 2:11 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
EQM & Segment tracking

And for those of you who have been complaining about the AS website not being updated to correctly track/display EQMs and segments - this is what came up when I logged in just now:

SanDiego1K and FlyerDigits like this.
Old Dec 10, 21, 2:18 pm

Programs: AS 100K
I received the message and am glad since some of my miles were rollover from 2020. I know they said that counts but with Alaska's clear-as-mud policies it's nice to get confirmation.
FlyerDigits likes this.
Old Dec 10, 21, 2:38 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by flymonthly View Post
And for those of you who have been complaining about the AS website not being updated to correctly track/display EQMs and segments - this is what came up when I logged in just now:

The App is still wrong. Although it has only been 3 months.....

James
Old Dec 10, 21, 2:45 pm

Programs: Alaska airlines 100k
Sort of weird.

I also got this email today. Weird because I also got this email during the initial batch. I’m approaching 187K this year and 80+ segments 99% on AS tin and the others on AA tin.

Last edited by Xrayman; Dec 10, 21 at 2:52 pm
Old Dec 10, 21, 2:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, AS MVP Gold 100K, AS MM, Avis First

This is my year to date total...and I haven't gotten a letter yet. Sigh...heading home tomorrow - EWR to SFO - for the 90th segment and more miles. One more trip this year and I'm done. Maybe AS is waiting until my last trip...

Your year-to-date progress towards elite status

When you fly enough on Alaska + partners to earn elite status with Alaska, you receive elevated travel benefits. Learn more about elite status.

of 75,000 miles flown

Complete!

OR89

of 90 segments flown

Complete!

INCLUDING81

of 6 Alaska marketed and operated flights

Complete!
Old Dec 10, 21, 3:20 pm

Moderator Note

This thread will get unwieldy if it becomes a home for posts tracking 100K qualification. Please consider starting a new thread. More such posts will get moved.

dayone, AS Moderator
Old Dec 10, 21, 3:31 pm

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by 95037 View Post

This is my year to date total...and I haven't gotten a letter yet. Sigh...heading home tomorrow - EWR to SFO - for the 90th segment and more miles. One more trip this year and I'm done. Maybe AS is waiting until my last trip...

Your year-to-date progress towards elite status

When you fly enough on Alaska + partners to earn elite status with Alaska, you receive elevated travel benefits. Learn more about elite status.

of 75,000 miles flown

Complete!

OR89

of 90 segments flown

Complete!

INCLUDING81

of 6 Alaska marketed and operated flights

Complete!
That is a lot of travel. You need a 200k category!
Old Dec 10, 21, 4:11 pm

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM SM aka dirt; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ gold, TK Elite
Originally Posted by dayone View Post
I believe the AA upgrade windows are 100 hours for EXP and 72 hours for PRO, as indicated on the linked chart.

My understanding is that AS and AA are each grouping both their Emerald elite tiers above the respective partner Emerald elites for upgrades. For example, AS 100K + 75K > AA EXP on AS, and AA EXP + PRO > AS 100K on AA. Of course, we won't know for sure until 100K rolls out.
My understanding is different from yours in that I would have thought that we'd have:
- On AS: AS 100k > AA Exp > AS 75k > AA Plat Pro
- On AA: AA Exp > AS 100k > AA Plat Pro > AS 75k
That would be more in tune with the parity that was talked about when AS and AA started offering reciprocal upgrades.
Old Dec 10, 21, 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by DeltaFlyingProf View Post
My understanding is different from yours in that I would have thought that we'd have:
- On AS: AS 100k > AA Exp > AS 75k > AA Plat Pro
- On AA: AA Exp > AS 100k > AA Plat Pro > AS 75k
That would be more in tune with the parity that was talked about when AS and AA started offering reciprocal upgrades.
I'll bet you a dollar.
Old Dec 11, 21, 8:09 am

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM SM aka dirt; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ gold, TK Elite
Originally Posted by dayone View Post
I'll bet you a dollar.
I'll buy you a beer at AA's flagship lounge 😄
dayone likes this.

Search this Thread