Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

2021 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2021 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2021, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by Finkface
I remember reading that this loophole has now been closed. If you are talking about Chase UR points, it seems the trick no longer works and the residual value gets held in the Expedia system rather than your wallet. See the thread below, although it is a couple of years old. There are other threads that I remember reading on this as well. Maybe check the Chase UR forum?

See this thread and start from post 26.

Combining Alaska Airlines companion fare with UR points/book & cancel
Thank you for your reply. I actually used Bank of America Merrill point. But apparently it works the same way as Expedia. I can cancel and the refund come back as a voucher in Merrill's system. I have a year to use that voucher for Alaska Air ticket via Merrill.
Old Jan 10, 2021, 11:17 am

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya
Originally Posted by mkpkmp
Thank you for your reply. I actually used Bank of America Merrill point. But apparently it works the same way as Expedia. I can cancel and the refund come back as a voucher in Merrill's system. I have a year to use that voucher for Alaska Air ticket via Merrill.
I believe all the point systems are now using bulk fares. So that prevents carrier from doing much with them, they have to send you back to the travel agency that bought the bulk fare.
Old Jan 10, 2021, 10:09 pm

How long does it take for refunds to post to wallet currently? I have a full Y fare that I need to cancel and would prefer just to reuse the funds rather than them going back to the credit card, but I need to book the ticket within 24 hours.
Old Jan 10, 2021, 10:20 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by mattdk88
How long does it take for refunds to post to wallet currently? I have a full Y fare that I need to cancel and would prefer just to reuse the funds rather than them going back to the credit card, but I need to book the ticket within 24 hours.
The funds will go to your wallet instantly. I’ve done this countless times, including this morning, and that’s always been the case for me.
Old Jan 10, 2021, 11:25 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by mattdk88
You won't be able to deposit a refundable fare into your wallet as that option won't be shown, assuming it's a refundable fare (or had been booked within 24 hours allowing a free refund regardless of fare). You can change the ticket to your new ticket, any difference in fare would be refunded if it's less than what you have booked.
Old Jan 10, 2021, 11:26 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by alphaeagle
You won't be able to deposit a refundable fare into your wallet as that option won't be shown, assuming it's a refundable fare. You can change the ticket to your new ticket, any difference in fare would be refunded if it's less than what you have booked.
You can call in and have it done.
Old Jan 11, 2021, 12:37 pm

Thanks for the help, I'll call and have them credit it to my wallet.
Old Jan 12, 2021, 3:48 pm

I'm booking a r/t itinerary and researching noticed that Korean Air looks to be one-way pricing now, I don't think it was like this even 3 or 4 days ago. Anything else I'm missing here with this change or have they just finally brought KE inline with the rest of their partners?
Old Jan 13, 2021, 12:35 pm

Any reason American Airlines flights would not be showing up when booking through Alaska? Historically (and somewhat recently), if I used Alaska's site to search for a flight from SEA > LFT, it would give me the option fly Alaska from SEA > DFW and then an American flight from DFW > LFT. Now it is only giving me options (the unreasonably expensive kind) to use Delta for the last leg. I've confirmed that American is still flying DFW > LFT and they have several times that would work. I've played with dates and a couple other locations but can't find any American Airlines options. Seems odd as we're only getting closer to Oneworld.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 1:17 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by ericande
I'm booking a r/t itinerary and researching noticed that Korean Air looks to be one-way pricing now, I don't think it was like this even 3 or 4 days ago. Anything else I'm missing here with this change or have they just finally brought KE inline with the rest of their partners?
If you are booking a round-trip, you'll see one-way prices for each direction. Even if Korean isn't being used in both directions. I did just check and only saw r/t prices for a one-way reservation so if you are seeing one-way prices for a one-way reservation, I'd be curious what dates and city pairs you are looking at.

Originally Posted by sizzlersam
Any reason American Airlines flights would not be showing up when booking through Alaska? Historically (and somewhat recently), if I used Alaska's site to search for a flight from SEA > LFT, it would give me the option fly Alaska from SEA > DFW and then an American flight from DFW > LFT. Now it is only giving me options (the unreasonably expensive kind) to use Delta for the last leg. I've confirmed that American is still flying DFW > LFT and they have several times that would work. I've played with dates and a couple other locations but can't find any American Airlines options. Seems odd as we're only getting closer to Oneworld.
When was the last time you saw an AA codeshare flight? I had thought they pulled most of their codeshares out of DFW with AA a while back. But I would assume new ones will be added in with joining Oneworld. I haven't seen any info on that but would be odd if they didn't have more codeshares once they are in Oneworld. It may not be until then, or when they get all of the IT parts of it in place, before they start adding more of them.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 2:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sizzlersam
It appears AS does not have a codeshare for the AA segment on a revenue ticket at this time. However the route is available as a Partner award.

James
Old Jan 13, 2021, 2:43 pm

Interesting. You are correct, I can book it if I choose to pay with points.
Old Jan 15, 2021, 2:45 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I got the 30% discount code for being MVP and I have some some flight credit from last year that I'd like to combine to speculatively book a flight in May; the flight credit is enough to completely cover the ticket. The worst case that happens if I wind up cancelling is it just goes back to flight credit, right? Does that also extend the expiration date?
Old Jan 15, 2021, 5:32 pm

Programs: Yes
Q: If I have a flight booked as an I fare class and want to exercise a SDC to another flight, AS will put me into FC as long as a seat is available correct? 75K Gold.
Old Jan 16, 2021, 8:40 am

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by anteater
Q: If I have a flight booked as an I fare class and want to exercise a SDC to another flight, AS will put me into FC as long as a seat is available correct? 75K Gold.
Yes, seat just needs to be available in the same class.
anteater likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.