FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2021 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!
Old Jan 13, 2021, 1:17 pm
alphaeagle

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by ericande
I'm booking a r/t itinerary and researching noticed that Korean Air looks to be one-way pricing now, I don't think it was like this even 3 or 4 days ago. Anything else I'm missing here with this change or have they just finally brought KE inline with the rest of their partners?
If you are booking a round-trip, you'll see one-way prices for each direction. Even if Korean isn't being used in both directions. I did just check and only saw r/t prices for a one-way reservation so if you are seeing one-way prices for a one-way reservation, I'd be curious what dates and city pairs you are looking at.

Originally Posted by sizzlersam
Any reason American Airlines flights would not be showing up when booking through Alaska? Historically (and somewhat recently), if I used Alaska's site to search for a flight from SEA > LFT, it would give me the option fly Alaska from SEA > DFW and then an American flight from DFW > LFT. Now it is only giving me options (the unreasonably expensive kind) to use Delta for the last leg. I've confirmed that American is still flying DFW > LFT and they have several times that would work. I've played with dates and a couple other locations but can't find any American Airlines options. Seems odd as we're only getting closer to Oneworld.
When was the last time you saw an AA codeshare flight? I had thought they pulled most of their codeshares out of DFW with AA a while back. But I would assume new ones will be added in with joining Oneworld. I haven't seen any info on that but would be odd if they didn't have more codeshares once they are in Oneworld. It may not be until then, or when they get all of the IT parts of it in place, before they start adding more of them.