Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

2021 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2021 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2021, 12:03 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriot Platinum
Originally Posted by TheStrangerIn29K
I've just checked in for an AS flight tomorrow. I have TSA PreCheck, and I've confirmed that my KTN is entered correctly in the reservation, but "TSA PreCheck" isn't showing on my boarding pass, neither in the app or on paper. Is this something known to happen sometimes? I've never encountered it before.
Was the KTN on the reservation when it was originally made? I had a similar problem when I had added the KTN after the reservation was made. Had to go to the check in desk to get it added. But that was 2 years ago, so not sure if this is still an issue.
Old Feb 5, 2021, 12:13 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
I've just checked in for an AS flight tomorrow. I have TSA PreCheck, and I've confirmed that my KTN is entered correctly in the reservation, but "TSA PreCheck" isn't showing on my boarding pass, neither in the app or on paper. Is this something known to happen sometimes? I've never encountered it before.
It's a glitch that I first experienced in early January and that others have recently reported as well. I had to call in and they added back, even though like you, it looked like I had it on my end. I then just rechecked in via the app and it appeared.
Bellerina and hyedmd like this.
Old Feb 5, 2021, 12:30 pm

Programs: AS MVPG | oneworld Sapphire
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
It's a glitch that I first experienced in early January and that others have recently reported as well. I had to call in and they added back, even though like you, it looked like I had it on my end. I then just rechecked in via the app and it appeared.
I called AS Reservations, and the Agent said she's had multiple callers report the issue today and gave me the number for TSA Customer Service.

I was told it looks like an issue of my being registered with TSA with my middle name included, but it not being stored with the airline. I've gone ahead to add it to the AS side. I'll give it a while to trickle through the systems and report back on whether that did the trick in time. Return flight is 8 days later, so I'll see how that one goes too.

Unrelated: Believe it or not, TSA Customer Service had the perkiest, friendliest agents I have spoken with in years. Personable and conversational, and the second lady I talked to (had to get routed to PreCheck agents) called me "Hon'" 3x, "Honey" 1x, and "Sir" 1x. Today, OK with me. Even their hold music was relaxing and therapeutic.

If I ever need a pick-me-up or self affirmation thing, I may call them back. 1-866-289-9673. If I knew what the heck 'clearing one's chakras' means, I'd suspect this had a similar effect.
PDXpress and NoLaGent like this.
Old Feb 5, 2021, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by Bellerina
Was the KTN on the reservation when it was originally made? I had a similar problem when I had added the KTN after the reservation was made. Had to go to the check in desk to get it added. But that was 2 years ago, so not sure if this is still an issue.
It was, yes. First time this has happened in 2.5 years of PreCheck.
Bellerina likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2021, 12:39 pm

I called AS Reservations, and the Agent said she's had multiple callers report the issue today and gave me the number for TSA Customer Service.

I was told it looks like an issue of my being registered with TSA with my middle name included, but it not being stored with the airline. I've gone ahead to add it to the AS side. I'll give it a while to trickle through the systems and report back on whether that did the trick in time. Return flight is 8 days later, so I'll see how that one goes too.

Unrelated: Believe it or not, TSA Customer Service had the perkiest, friendliest agents I have spoken with in years. Personable and conversational, and the second lady I talked to (had to get routed to PreCheck agents) called me "Hon'" 3x, "Honey" 1x, and "Sir" 1x. Today, OK with me. Even their hold music was relaxing and therapeutic.

If I ever need a pick-me-up or self affirmation thing, I may call them back. 1-866-289-9673. If I knew what the heck 'clearing one's chakras' means, I'd suspect this had a similar effect.
Very strange, but thanks for letting us know.
Old Feb 5, 2021, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Looking at our seat map for a flight tomorrow (738) and all the vacant seats, in blue, have an "S" in them. What does that stand for?
Thx
Old Feb 5, 2021, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by philemer
Looking at our seat map for a flight tomorrow (738) and all the vacant seats, in blue, have an "S" in them. What does that stand for?
Thx
That means that they are eligible to be selected by anyone on a saver fare. The whole seat map opens up for this at T-24.
Old Feb 5, 2021, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
That means that they are eligible to be selected by anyone on a saver fare. The whole seat map opens up for this at T-24.
Good to know. Thx!!
Old Feb 6, 2021, 8:32 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium

Friendly TSA staff? Next thing you tell us is you saw cats and dogs playing together in the streets, bipartisanship in Congress, and Beijing and Taipei sharing niceties. All perfectly valid signs it's the end of days. Or maybe there are a couple genuinely nice people left in the world.
Old Feb 6, 2021, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by WillTravel4Food
Friendly TSA staff? Next thing you tell us is you saw cats and dogs playing together in the streets, bipartisanship in Congress, and Beijing and Taipei sharing niceties. All perfectly valid signs it's the end of days. Or maybe there are a couple genuinely nice people left in the world.
That one was could have been an anomaly. That two were was startling. And they weren't cookie cutter nice. The first one was a chill young guy, the other a bubbly mid-30s-sounding lady. I will keep looking up cautiously for flying pigs just the same.
Old Feb 6, 2021, 9:52 am

Very strange, but thanks for letting us know.
The mystery of my PreCheck not showing is solved. The agent at the airport who helped me was familiar with the step @Bellerina mentioned, re-entering the KTN, but that didn't work. Then she noticed that my birth month in the AS system was off by one. She fixed that and Voila! Back to life in the fast lane.

No idea how that happened. All was fine a few weeks ago when I last flew, and I'm pretty sure I haven't even been to the part of the profile where a birth date could be changed. Anyway, very glad she spotted that.
Bellerina likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2021, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
What’s the current status of operations for AS at SAN? Have all flights including Horizon/Skywest been consolidated in T2 with fully airside connections? I’m looking at booking a flight for later this year with a 30’ connection in paid F and want to be sure it’s likely doable. Of course, it’s more than likely we will have a schedule change that blows it up, but the price is right as of today.
Old Feb 7, 2021, 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by PV_Premier
What’s the current status of operations for AS at SAN? Have all flights including Horizon/Skywest been consolidated in T2 with fully airside connections? I’m looking at booking a flight for later this year with a 30’ connection in paid F and want to be sure it’s likely doable. Of course, it’s more than likely we will have a schedule change that blows it up, but the price is right as of today.
All in T2, about a 45 second walk max. Very doable if everything is on time. Assume it will be canceled/rescheduled (which it sounds like you already know to do).
Old Feb 8, 2021, 10:35 am
FT

I've switched my home airport due to a recent move and am considering consolidating my frequent but short haul Southwest travel as well as my infrequent but long haul American Airlines travel with Alaska Airlines. I assume changes to the plan will be announced come late March or early April. Of course, flights on Alaska are credited to Mileage Plan. And so are American Airlines domestic and international. Does this also apply to transatlantic to London? What about if it's a British Airways transatlantic? Will it be easier to accrue miles on Alaska than American when flying transatlantic? My other option is to stay w/ American Airlines and shift my Southwest flights to Alaska and keep earning AA miles although transatlantic on BA won't count. Does it make sense to wait till announced changes or has this already been defined (I can't find it on their website if so).
Old Feb 8, 2021, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by FT
I've switched my home airport due to a recent move and am considering consolidating my frequent but short haul Southwest travel as well as my infrequent but long haul American Airlines travel with Alaska Airlines. I assume changes to the plan will be announced come late March or early April. Of course, flights on Alaska are credited to Mileage Plan. And so are American Airlines domestic and international. Does this also apply to transatlantic to London? What about if it's a British Airways transatlantic? Will it be easier to accrue miles on Alaska than American when flying transatlantic? My other option is to stay w/ American Airlines and shift my Southwest flights to Alaska and keep earning AA miles although transatlantic on BA won't count. Does it make sense to wait till announced changes or has this already been defined (I can't find it on their website if so).
Specifics for parts of the Oneworld merger are still being worked out but these links will give you a good idea of what to expect. A quick and easy answer to your question is that AA and BA transatlantic flights can be credited to Mileage Plan.

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...rican-airlines

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...ritish-airways

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.