Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Emirates (EK) awards availability/booking/routing thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 5, 2014, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: eponymous_coward
Emirates award guide using Alaska Airlines miles

Routing Rules:

All trips must start or end in North America.
One open jaw and one stopover allowed on each one-way award.
No fees for changes/cancellations prior to 60 days from departure.

North American Gateway Cities:

West Coast
Seattle
San Francisco
Los Angeles

Central
Chicago
Dallas
Houston

East Coast
Boston
New York (JFK)
Orlando (Effective September 1, 2015)
Washington DC (IAD)

Canada
Toronto

Award Chart Links*:

Middle East & Africa

Asia

Europe

*If region is not listed on chart its not available.

Perks

Chauffeur Drive NOT Available
Car service is not available for all Business Class and First Class passengers on Alaska Airlines ticketed award tickets on Emirates flights (as of Jan 2015). The chauffeur will not confirm if you use the EK website for this, though the website makes it look you can make a reservation.

Lounges
Access is available for all passengers traveling in Business and First Class. Not all cities have lounges and many may be operated by a Partner. There have been some reports of people having an issue accessing the Dubai lounges as the tickets may appear in their system as non-revenue employee travel. This is not as much of a problem as it used to be but in case it comes up please advise the lounge attendant that you are on an Alaska Airlines award.

Dubai Connect

AS Awards on EK do not qualify for Dubai Connect, which is the service that offers the free hotel.

Tricks to find Transoceanic availability

Instead of performing a blanket, i.e. SEA-DXB search, perform: SEA-MED.
Madinah is a destination that is only served by EK. Consequently, if there is availability, only EK will show up in the calendar results.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated Emirates (EK) awards availability/booking/routing thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2015, 1:28 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

EK pulls all awards???

It looks like EK just pulls all its awards since late afternoon. I couldn't even find an economy award between all US gateways from West Coast according to EF. After chatting with EF, AS still shows the cache data that there is no more seat.

Anyone has the same issue? Checking QF now.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 4:11 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by thebluejean
It looks like EK just pulls all its awards since late afternoon. I couldn't even find an economy award between all US gateways from West Coast according to EF. After chatting with EF, AS still shows the cache data that there is no more seat.

Anyone has the same issue? Checking QF now.
saw the same thing weird
Old Oct 12, 2015, 4:23 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Okay after further search, there is only business flex awards that are available. It also seems EK has pulls not only US but all of its award on other regions. Like there were plenty to awards to SEZ, MRU or MLE 24 hours ago and now it's all gone.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 4:35 pm

Still shows on AS. Noticed EF was showing nothing. I guess it's phantom on AS?
Old Oct 12, 2015, 4:58 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by yerffej201
Still shows on AS. Noticed EF was showing nothing. I guess it's phantom on AS?
I did email EF and they told me AS is showing cache data so it's phantom on AS.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 2:24 am

is it possible to force a longer connection on a EK->AS award apart from what is shown on the website? i'm looking to book EU-DXB (stop)-LAX-SEA-YVR, but the website shows connections that would result in arriving at YVR close to midnight. i'm looking to overnight in SEA instead and take the next flight out the next day. would feeding an agent segment by segment through the phone work (i'm ok with paying the phone booking fee)?
Old Oct 13, 2015, 9:59 am

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by w000t
is it possible to force a longer connection on a EK->AS award apart from what is shown on the website? i'm looking to book EU-DXB (stop)-LAX-SEA-YVR, but the website shows connections that would result in arriving at YVR close to midnight. i'm looking to overnight in SEA instead and take the next flight out the next day. would feeding an agent segment by segment through the phone work (i'm ok with paying the phone booking fee)?
I think it would probably work - in general, international tickets allow up to 24 hours between flights so what you want to do shouldn't break the ticket. AS might have a policy disallowing it but you would find that out when calling so it seems productive either way.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 10:51 am

Programs: AA PLT, HH DIA, SPG Gold, Hyatt DIA
Any word on when award space will be available again?
Old Oct 13, 2015, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by kchockeyfan
Any word on when award space will be available again?
Ask EK? They're in charge of what gets offered to partners...
Old Oct 13, 2015, 11:30 am

Programs: AS MVPG
I know that EK for this week is offering a 50% sale on all coach awards for the month of November. They may have dialed back partner award availability for the duration of the sale.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by thebluejean
Okay after further search, there is only business flex awards that are available. It also seems EK has pulls not only US but all of its award on other regions. Like there were plenty to awards to SEZ, MRU or MLE 24 hours ago and now it's all gone.

Just went to Expert Flyer for mid March into April. A few days ago, there were are fair amount of 1st class from DFW-Dubai. There are NONE right now. Getting a bit concerned as we are about to book those once we hit enough miles.

Same for Houston to Dubai.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 3:48 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Has anyone actually tried to book an EK award on AS.com lately to see if AS is truly showing phantom space? It appears that new space is showing up on AS.com (at the end of the calendar) so it seems like AS.com is not completely out of the loop -- maybe EF is the wrong party here?
Old Oct 14, 2015, 5:22 am

Originally Posted by bgriff
Has anyone actually tried to book an EK award on AS.com lately to see if AS is truly showing phantom space? It appears that new space is showing up on AS.com (at the end of the calendar) so it seems like AS.com is not completely out of the loop -- maybe EF is the wrong party here?
I have, repeatedly. And unsuccessfully. Numerous JFKMXP tries in July, numerous DARDXBJFK and MRUDXBJFK in August. First and Business. Always shows on site, but can't be ticketed even with agent. I'm sitting on 400k of wasted SPG transfers that can't be used on AS.

As an aside, Qatar has shut down all North American awards for travel after June 21 (last I checked).
Old Oct 14, 2015, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Interesting.

Looking at DFW-DXB next spring.

Expert flyer does not show any first at all.
EK site shows first at 115k and serious charges $700 or so for flights.
AS shows fair availability. Some with $20 charges EK, some at $500+ on BA.

So, I just went to AS and attempted a 1st class ticket DFW-DXB on EK. Got all the way to where give your credit card. Seems okay. Not sure if it would still go through if I entered card or not actually book.

Not able to book both of us yet (miles), so can not pull the trigger yet, but concerned.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by jamienbaker
As an aside, Qatar has shut down all North American awards for travel after June 21 (last I checked).
I've seen multiple business awards available on DFW-DOH after that date, but we can take any further discussion to the AA or QR forums if desired so as not to derail this thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.