Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Emirates (EK) awards availability/booking/routing thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 5, 2014, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: eponymous_coward
Emirates award guide using Alaska Airlines miles

Routing Rules:

All trips must start or end in North America.
One open jaw and one stopover allowed on each one-way award.
No fees for changes/cancellations prior to 60 days from departure.

North American Gateway Cities:

West Coast
Seattle
San Francisco
Los Angeles

Central
Chicago
Dallas
Houston

East Coast
Boston
New York (JFK)
Orlando (Effective September 1, 2015)
Washington DC (IAD)

Canada
Toronto

Award Chart Links*:

Middle East & Africa

Asia

Europe

*If region is not listed on chart its not available.

Perks

Chauffeur Drive NOT Available
Car service is not available for all Business Class and First Class passengers on Alaska Airlines ticketed award tickets on Emirates flights (as of Jan 2015). The chauffeur will not confirm if you use the EK website for this, though the website makes it look you can make a reservation.

Lounges
Access is available for all passengers traveling in Business and First Class. Not all cities have lounges and many may be operated by a Partner. There have been some reports of people having an issue accessing the Dubai lounges as the tickets may appear in their system as non-revenue employee travel. This is not as much of a problem as it used to be but in case it comes up please advise the lounge attendant that you are on an Alaska Airlines award.

Dubai Connect

AS Awards on EK do not qualify for Dubai Connect, which is the service that offers the free hotel.

Tricks to find Transoceanic availability

Instead of performing a blanket, i.e. SEA-DXB search, perform: SEA-MED.
Madinah is a destination that is only served by EK. Consequently, if there is availability, only EK will show up in the calendar results.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated Emirates (EK) awards availability/booking/routing thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2015, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
If one has booked DOH-DXB-DFW for example, is it possible to change it to BAH-DXB-DFW by just changing the first leg - or do they start from scratch (of course nothing available on DXB-DFW now)
Old Sep 20, 2015, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by rankourabu
If one has booked DOH-DXB-DFW for example, is it possible to change it to BAH-DXB-DFW by just changing the first leg - or do they start from scratch (of course nothing available on DXB-DFW now)
You have to make sure there is availability on all parts of the itinerary even if you want to change only one leg. Sometimes if you cancel the whole trip it will go back into the bucket 24-48 hours later. However this is risk and not something I would recommend doing...You could always switch to another US destination and then switch back T-7 as an example..
Old Sep 21, 2015, 5:50 pm

If you pay for F miles and one of the legs is in J and then F becomes available on the J leg within a few days do you still have to pay the change fee to upgrade the cabin?
Old Sep 21, 2015, 6:12 pm

EK seems to be Z=0 (for real, not just on alaskaair.com) from July 16 onward for the SFO route. Coach/PE awards are plentiful. Has anyone else observed this before? Is this normal to have a lag or should I be worried that they won't open up anything in this period? It is not Ramadan which was the only thing I thought might explain it.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 6:25 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by ASUDan130
If you pay for F miles and one of the legs is in J and then F becomes available on the J leg within a few days do you still have to pay the change fee to upgrade the cabin?
NO you have to be patience remember non of us are " entitled" I have found that grabbing the first leg in biz or first is a great start. so what if at the end of the day your in coach for the second leg? coach on EK is far superior than US metal other than their FC.

Patience it works
Old Sep 21, 2015, 6:41 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by ASUDan130
No change fee to do that. Also no change fee no matter what if it's more than 60 days from departure.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 6:16 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IC Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jchilders
Also no change fee no matter what if it's more than 60 days from departure.
Same rule applies if I want to change the destination and/or origin before 60 days of departure provided award space is available?
Old Sep 22, 2015, 9:26 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA GS, FB Gold, AS MVPG, MR Titanium, VS Gold
Looking at booking TPE-DXB-LAX/SFO/SEA in F for next week the 28th.

I have found Z3 space on EF for TPE-DXB for the 27th, but both SFO/LAX show Z1 for the morning 9/28 flights. Nothing on EF for SEA.

Think I should be able to get a AS agent (maybe asking to check the "old system) to book either LAX or SFO? LAX has 8 seats in F open as of now, and SFO has 9.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 9:45 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by aglp2k
Same rule applies if I want to change the destination and/or origin before 60 days of departure provided award space is available?
Yes. That's what I meant by "no matter what". You can cancel the whole thing and rebook it another way, if you want.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by jchilders
Yes. That's what I meant by "no matter what". You can cancel the whole thing and rebook it another way, if you want.
But you cant just cancel one leg and replace it with another, while keeping the rest intact it seems
Old Sep 22, 2015, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
But you cant just cancel one leg and replace it with another, while keeping the rest intact it seems
No, not possible unfortunately .
Old Sep 22, 2015, 2:44 pm

Under manage my bookings on emirates.com, it shows that I can order a car service. However, when I try to save the information, it doesn't work. Just a headsup.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 2:52 pm

Pardon all the newbie questions...

So, I booked MRUJFK with a nine hr DXB connection, for 4 in J, on a date in August I have no intent to fly. I'm willing to ignore AS fees inside of 60 days.

Will I be able to:

1) Change departure date if availability exists on both legs? (Yes)
2) Extend or reduce DXB layover if availability exists on different DXBJFK but not on my initial MRUDXB?
3) Upgrade both legs to F if availability exists? (Yes)
4) Upgrade only one leg to F if other leg is completely sold out for awards in any class (even though I'm ticketed in J)?
5) Change MRUDXB to something else (JNB?) if availability exists but does NOT exist on the DXBJFK I'm already ticketed on? (Sounds like answer is no).

Thanks in advance - Jamie
Old Sep 25, 2015, 1:14 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, AC 25K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by UA Fan
Tried to look for my itinerary on EK's website and cannot find a place for the eticket. Is that normal?
When looking at your booking on Emirates.com, you can click View/Print under Ticket Status. The PDF that shows up will show your AS-stock e-ticket number.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 1:45 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by edgewood49
you should have a AS AND a EK confirmation number. I have a EK mileage account for personal flying and double check that way. In any event you should have both numbers

good luck
Do you add your EK skywards number to your alaska rewards booking once it shows up on the emirates website? I wanted to add mine (so I can see all of my flights in one place), but was afraid that adding the number might mess up the reservation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.