Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Emirates (EK) awards availability/booking/routing thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 5, 2014, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: eponymous_coward
Emirates award guide using Alaska Airlines miles

Routing Rules:

All trips must start or end in North America.
One open jaw and one stopover allowed on each one-way award.
No fees for changes/cancellations prior to 60 days from departure.

North American Gateway Cities:

West Coast
Seattle
San Francisco
Los Angeles

Central
Chicago
Dallas
Houston

East Coast
Boston
New York (JFK)
Orlando (Effective September 1, 2015)
Washington DC (IAD)

Canada
Toronto

Award Chart Links*:

Middle East & Africa

Asia

Europe

*If region is not listed on chart its not available.

Perks

Chauffeur Drive NOT Available
Car service is not available for all Business Class and First Class passengers on Alaska Airlines ticketed award tickets on Emirates flights (as of Jan 2015). The chauffeur will not confirm if you use the EK website for this, though the website makes it look you can make a reservation.

Lounges
Access is available for all passengers traveling in Business and First Class. Not all cities have lounges and many may be operated by a Partner. There have been some reports of people having an issue accessing the Dubai lounges as the tickets may appear in their system as non-revenue employee travel. This is not as much of a problem as it used to be but in case it comes up please advise the lounge attendant that you are on an Alaska Airlines award.

Dubai Connect

AS Awards on EK do not qualify for Dubai Connect, which is the service that offers the free hotel.

Tricks to find Transoceanic availability

Instead of performing a blanket, i.e. SEA-DXB search, perform: SEA-MED.
Madinah is a destination that is only served by EK. Consequently, if there is availability, only EK will show up in the calendar results.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated Emirates (EK) awards availability/booking/routing thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2015, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by aero0729
I am trying to change me LAX-DXB-HKG to go LAX-DXB-BKK (Stopover 3 days) then to HKG. First is available on all flights but the agents are saying its not valid. As awesome as this partnership is Alaska's inconsistency in rules seems ridiculous.. Bangkok IS an approved stopover point.
Where does it say its an approved stop-over point? I've learned just because I was able to get something in the past doesn't mean I was supposed to get it. Another example is CX award doesn't give you a stop-over outside HKG but some have been lucky to get an agent that allowed it. Same with all the HUCA's from past posts on EK. It was never allowed but there were many agents that didn't know they weren't supposed to manual sell
Old Sep 25, 2015, 3:33 pm

alaska booking issues

trying to book NRT > DXB > LAX, and i'd like to stay in DXB for a couple days on the stopover.

i see plenty of F availability for DXB to LAX (and even a couple business class seats for NRT > DXB on the 777, otherwise it's coach).

HOWEVER, when i try to view these same flights on the same dates on the multi-city search (so that i may book the stopover in DXB), it doesn't show any first class availability.

should i just find these F seats on the normal search and then call to have an agent get me those couple days in DXB?

or perhaps if i were to search on expertflyer none of this would be an issue..?
Old Sep 27, 2015, 5:56 am

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
D class

Newbie AS question here. Helping out a family member. Trying to understand the data.

There's D class availability for DXB-SEA on expertflyer, but no J seat availability on AS site.

Is that correct? Anything one can do about it?

thanks.
Old Sep 27, 2015, 9:10 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by extramileage
Newbie AS question here. Helping out a family member. Trying to understand the data.

There's D class availability for DXB-SEA on expertflyer, but no J seat availability on AS site.

Is that correct? Anything one can do about it?

thanks.
what you see on AS is what you get, simply put!
Old Sep 27, 2015, 9:20 am

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Originally Posted by edgewood49
Thanks! At least that's clear (none of that "not available, but if you call the agent and hop on one leg while dialing, you may get the seat")
Old Sep 27, 2015, 10:05 am

Unless it is rampant phantom F availability. Your post is misleading.
Old Sep 27, 2015, 10:46 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
I see a bunch of EK Z availability on Expertflyer, but when I do a multi-city search on AS website I see nothing - can I call and book a multi-city trip or do the phone agents only see what I see on the AS website?

Are all the EK Z class availability open to AS partner awards?

Last edited by TOMFORD; Sep 27, 2015 at 11:51 am
Old Sep 27, 2015, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by jamienbaker
Unless it is rampant phantom F availability. Your post is misleading.
If I go to EK own website and see F/B then to Expert flyer or anyone else and see it but AS does not have it THAT means EK has NOT released those seats, period. Call AS partner desk and ask.

As far as phantom's go I flew one !
Old Sep 27, 2015, 1:08 pm

If I go to EK own website and see F/B then to Expert flyer or anyone else and see it but AS does not have it THAT means EK has NOT released those seats, period. Call AS partner desk and ask.

As far as phantom's go I flew one !
Question - if AS site shows phantom and one tries to book, only to have it say it can't ticket it, is it worth calling the partner desk? Is that how you flew on a phantom?
Old Sep 27, 2015, 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by jamienbaker
Question - if AS site shows phantom and one tries to book, only to have it say it can't ticket it, is it worth calling the partner desk? Is that how you flew on a phantom?
snicker ! If AS shows a fare/class available and you get to it before some else does than you got ! If not I would call partner desk. By the by I have had that happen to me, and was told basically your out of luck, keep trying. It's a crap shoot

and no that's not the Phantom I flew
Old Sep 28, 2015, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by TOMFORD
Are all the EK Z class availability open to AS partner awards?

We think they should be but AS says no.
Old Sep 28, 2015, 10:17 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by CDKing
We think they should be but AS says no.
If I see availability on all segments in Z via ExpertFlyer, but when I try to book multi-city, I get no availability - is that one of the cases of phantom awards? Does booking multi-city ever work? The route I am trying to fly is HKG-DXB-MXP, MXP-JFK
Old Sep 28, 2015, 10:22 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by TOMFORD
If I see availability on all segments in Z via ExpertFlyer, but when I try to book multi-city, I get no availability - is that one of the cases of phantom awards? Does booking multi-city ever work? The route I am trying to fly is HKG-DXB-MXP, MXP-JFK
I can never seem to get that type of ticket to price out on the website. I imagine you may have some luck calling it in. Let us know.
Old Sep 28, 2015, 11:23 am
Accor Contributor Badge

I will book it tonight or tomorrow and report back.
Old Sep 28, 2015, 4:11 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Agent says stopover on EK is only allowed in DXB. Apparently, after a quick Google search, specific airlines only allow specific stopover cities.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.