Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Emirates (EK) awards availability/booking/routing thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 5, 2014, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: eponymous_coward
Emirates award guide using Alaska Airlines miles

Routing Rules:

All trips must start or end in North America.
One open jaw and one stopover allowed on each one-way award.
No fees for changes/cancellations prior to 60 days from departure.

North American Gateway Cities:

West Coast
Seattle
San Francisco
Los Angeles

Central
Chicago
Dallas
Houston

East Coast
Boston
New York (JFK)
Orlando (Effective September 1, 2015)
Washington DC (IAD)

Canada
Toronto

Award Chart Links*:

Middle East & Africa

Asia

Europe

*If region is not listed on chart its not available.

Perks

Chauffeur Drive NOT Available
Car service is not available for all Business Class and First Class passengers on Alaska Airlines ticketed award tickets on Emirates flights (as of Jan 2015). The chauffeur will not confirm if you use the EK website for this, though the website makes it look you can make a reservation.

Lounges
Access is available for all passengers traveling in Business and First Class. Not all cities have lounges and many may be operated by a Partner. There have been some reports of people having an issue accessing the Dubai lounges as the tickets may appear in their system as non-revenue employee travel. This is not as much of a problem as it used to be but in case it comes up please advise the lounge attendant that you are on an Alaska Airlines award.

Dubai Connect

AS Awards on EK do not qualify for Dubai Connect, which is the service that offers the free hotel.

Tricks to find Transoceanic availability

Instead of performing a blanket, i.e. SEA-DXB search, perform: SEA-MED.
Madinah is a destination that is only served by EK. Consequently, if there is availability, only EK will show up in the calendar results.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated Emirates (EK) awards availability/booking/routing thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2015, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
I recently made a change to an EK award ticketed by AS. A few days later I wanted to make another change and called them. The agent mentioned that the first agent did not complete the change. He completed that and then made the second change I wanted.

When I got the email after the first change, the ticket number was different from the original ticket. Same with the second change. How can I make sure everything has been done properly without having to call AS? Tried to look for my itinerary on EK's website and cannot find a place for the eticket. Is that normal?
Old Sep 18, 2015, 2:50 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by UA Fan
I recently made a change to an EK award ticketed by AS. A few days later I wanted to make another change and called them. The agent mentioned that the first agent did not complete the change. He completed that and then made the second change I wanted.

When I got the email after the first change, the ticket number was different from the original ticket. Same with the second change. How can I make sure everything has been done properly without having to call AS? Tried to look for my itinerary on EK's website and cannot find a place for the eticket. Is that normal?
you should have a AS AND a EK confirmation number. I have a EK mileage account for personal flying and double check that way. In any event you should have both numbers

good luck
Old Sep 18, 2015, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by edgewood49
you should have a AS AND a EK confirmation number. I have a EK mileage account for personal flying and double check that way. In any event you should have both numbers

good luck
I have both, but on EK's website, I don't see a my ticket#.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by whimike
1) AS's access is about as clear as mud. I have been able to book 1 seat when Z=1, and I have not seen any inventory when Z has been greater than 1.
2) No problem splitting PNRs.
3) No, not as consistent. I have seen flights go out with nearly empty F cabins and Z = 0 even the day of the flight.

As far as phantom availability goes, I have never run across phantom availability on AS for EK, this must be something new. If ExpertFlyer is showing Z > 1 and AS is seeing inventory, but EK is refusing it, I can almost assure you the fault is on EKs side.
1. Encouraging.
2. Relieved.
3. Damn.

Take a look at practically every day next summer, MRUJFK and you'll find phantom awards all over the place. I accept that I have been duped, I accept that I destroyed SPG currency, I accept that I'll end up slumming in J which isn't the end of the world but hardly my first choice for African transit. If time allows, perhaps JNBHKGJFK on CX will prove the better option.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by jamienbaker
1. Encouraging.
2. Relieved.
3. Damn.

Take a look at practically every day next summer, MRUJFK and you'll find phantom awards all over the place. I accept that I have been duped, I accept that I destroyed SPG currency, I accept that I'll end up slumming in J which isn't the end of the world but hardly my first choice for African transit. If time allows, perhaps JNBHKGJFK on CX will prove the better option.
CX's J is better, but HKG-JNB-HKG will be in J as CX no longer flies F to JNB.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
CX's J is better, but HKG-JNB-HKG will be in J as CX no longer flies F to JNB.
Correct. But some quality time in The Pier followed by F to JFK is a great way to wrap a vacation!
Old Sep 18, 2015, 6:48 pm

I have both, but on EK's website, I don't see a my ticket#.
I just checked my next flight which is a points ticket and it shows e ticket number as well as my AS & EK locator number
Old Sep 18, 2015, 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by edgewood49
I just checked my next flight which is a points ticket and it shows e ticket number as well as my AS & EK locator number
Where specifically do you find the eticket info on EK's website?
Old Sep 19, 2015, 8:02 am

when i go to the "trips" page on AS then select my next EK trip looking at the reservation left side "Traveler Information" it shows my name AS #number then E Ticket number. AS awards are always shown that way.
Old Sep 19, 2015, 9:45 am

Programs: UA Plt /Delta DM/ Marriott Platinum Prem./Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Globalist /Hertz PS / National EE
I am trying to change me LAX-DXB-HKG to go LAX-DXB-BKK (Stopover 3 days) then to HKG. First is available on all flights but the agents are saying its not valid. As awesome as this partnership is Alaska's inconsistency in rules seems ridiculous.. Bangkok IS an approved stopover point.
Old Sep 19, 2015, 10:44 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by aero0729
I am trying to change me LAX-DXB-HKG to go LAX-DXB-BKK (Stopover 3 days) then to HKG. First is available on all flights but the agents are saying its not valid. As awesome as this partnership is Alaska's inconsistency in rules seems ridiculous.. Bangkok IS an approved stopover point.
Are you saying the agent refused to try and put it together because he/she thought it was not valid? Or did they try it and it was rejected by EK?

Does anyone know if married segment rules apply to the stopover point if you add one?
Old Sep 19, 2015, 10:50 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by aero0729
Technically, no. BKK isn't a hub airport for EK so it's not really allowed.
Old Sep 19, 2015, 11:58 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
You'll find it on AS website.
Old Sep 19, 2015, 12:19 pm

Programs: UA Plt /Delta DM/ Marriott Platinum Prem./Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Globalist /Hertz PS / National EE
Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
Technically, no. BKK isn't a hub airport for EK so it's not really allowed.
Stopovers in BKK are officially allowed. HKG they are not, but thats my final destination. Problem is the absolutely pointless married segment rule. The LAX-DXB is no longer available (BUT IM ALREADY ON IT!!!) so the itinerary can't be changed.
Old Sep 20, 2015, 6:18 am

Is there a list of stopover airports allowed? What are they in the USA?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.