Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Emirates (EK) awards availability/booking/routing thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 5, 2014, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: eponymous_coward
Emirates award guide using Alaska Airlines miles

Routing Rules:

All trips must start or end in North America.
One open jaw and one stopover allowed on each one-way award.
No fees for changes/cancellations prior to 60 days from departure.

North American Gateway Cities:

West Coast
Seattle
San Francisco
Los Angeles

Central
Chicago
Dallas
Houston

East Coast
Boston
New York (JFK)
Orlando (Effective September 1, 2015)
Washington DC (IAD)

Canada
Toronto

Award Chart Links*:

Middle East & Africa

Asia

Europe

*If region is not listed on chart its not available.

Perks

Chauffeur Drive NOT Available
Car service is not available for all Business Class and First Class passengers on Alaska Airlines ticketed award tickets on Emirates flights (as of Jan 2015). The chauffeur will not confirm if you use the EK website for this, though the website makes it look you can make a reservation.

Lounges
Access is available for all passengers traveling in Business and First Class. Not all cities have lounges and many may be operated by a Partner. There have been some reports of people having an issue accessing the Dubai lounges as the tickets may appear in their system as non-revenue employee travel. This is not as much of a problem as it used to be but in case it comes up please advise the lounge attendant that you are on an Alaska Airlines award.

Dubai Connect

AS Awards on EK do not qualify for Dubai Connect, which is the service that offers the free hotel.

Tricks to find Transoceanic availability

Instead of performing a blanket, i.e. SEA-DXB search, perform: SEA-MED.
Madinah is a destination that is only served by EK. Consequently, if there is availability, only EK will show up in the calendar results.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated Emirates (EK) awards availability/booking/routing thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2015, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by jamienbaker
None of this makes any sense to me.
Start calling people . Clearly, some inventory is phantom but some is real, so ring up AS if you want to book something.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Smile

Originally Posted by jamienbaker
STOP PRESS. Just ticketed!

1) DARDXBJFK next summer.
2) EF showed nothing.
3) AS site showed at least 4 in both J and F.
4) AS res said they had 2 in J.
5) AS res said they had 2 in F.
6) Ticketed both. Have ticket #s. Got EK PNR. Picked seats. Got confirm from EK.

Agent was Phoenix-based, very helpful, PM if you want his name.

None of this makes any sense to me.

Double-triple smilie faces to you and your family. Glad you got to use those "worthless" SPG points after all.

How did you decide on Tanzania? We are doing multiple segment RTW and still looking for somewhere in Africa to hit along the way.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by illico
Curious. Does the same date still show 2 left in F on the AS website? can you go back try to grab those? Congrats BTW!
Worth a try.

Sure enough, gone from AS site when checking for four passengers (which did display before). Also gone if I check for two passengers.

Truth be told, I'm not 100% thrilled with the itinerary, and am trying to resist temptation to change it. Right now, we leave around midnight on an A330 (bad F/J product), and have a 2 hour layover in DXB before 0830 departure. I'm considering leaving DAR earlier, meaning we'd overnight in DXB, and then try to leave at 1500. Gives us the morning to possibly explore. Should I push my luck??

Last edited by jamienbaker; Oct 16, 2015 at 9:41 am
Old Oct 16, 2015, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by NoStressHere
Double-triple smilie faces to you and your family. Glad you got to use those "worthless" SPG points after all.

How did you decide on Tanzania? We are doing multiple segment RTW and still looking for somewhere in Africa to hit along the way.
Too kind. We're actually spending quite a bit of time in Namibia, tons of activities there (kids 12/15) from what I've read. But we wanted some beach time after that to just chill. We were considering Mauritius, but decided on Zanzibar instead. Reason was largely a function of award availability. Good luck on your RTW!
Old Oct 16, 2015, 9:38 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by mediator
That route is known to have almost none-existent J/F award space.
Really? Why? Source?
Note that there are also no J/F awards DXB-US available whatsoever from July 12 until August 18, 2016.

Last edited by Dieuwer; Oct 16, 2015 at 9:45 am
Old Oct 16, 2015, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by Dieuwer
Really? Why? Source?
Note that there are also no J/F awards DXB-US available whatsoever from July 12 until August 18, 2016.
You are right... actually looks like all of July and August are totally zip for J/F, at least to Boston. Maybe extra folks taking summer vacations have grabbed them all?
Old Oct 16, 2015, 10:15 am
Suspended

You are right... actually looks like all of July and August are totally zip for J/F, at least to Boston. Maybe extra folks taking summer vacations have grabbed them all?
Summer vacation in Dubai??
Old Oct 16, 2015, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Yes, but the reverse to what you're thinking.
If you live in Dubai, you don't want to be there in the summer.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
It is mighty cheap that time of year .
Old Oct 16, 2015, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SFO777
Yes, but the reverse to what you're thinking.
If you live in Dubai, you don't want to be there in the summer.

folks connecting through there maybe?

Any by the way, you can ski there year round.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 12:31 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
folks connecting through there maybe?

Any by the way, you can ski there year round.
and bobsled !
Old Oct 16, 2015, 12:56 pm

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Really? Why? Source?
Just based on my own experience. Don't know if more awards open after the second daily BOS-DXB.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 3:36 pm

Any EK flight to or from the USA operated by a 777 will not show any availability until T-5 days or so. So we are talking BOS, IAD, ORD, SEA. When EF was reliable, it seemed like EK only released one seat on those flights; and not bookable by AS.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by Plasticus
Any EK flight to or from the USA operated by a 777 will not show any availability until T-5 days or so. So we are talking BOS, IAD, ORD, SEA. When EF was reliable, it seemed like EK only released one seat on those flights; and not bookable by AS.
I've booked two first class award seats SEA-DXB-SEA with Alaska miles at two different times, 3 and 7 months in advance.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 4:08 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by flytoeat
I've booked two first class award seats SEA-DXB-SEA with Alaska miles at two different times, 3 and 7 months in advance.
I think from past experience to/from DXB is doable what is of issue I think is connecting through DXB and onward. Mine is the lack of biz or FC to SA and having paid for FC and only getting half way without at least a premium coach option. But then it is EK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.